NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 March/April Closer Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He must be yelling ‘ball’ before he throws each pitch.

In 2017 he gave up 2HR once and never 3. In 2018 he never gave up more than 1. Guess we have different definitions of "very prone".

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SpecialFNK said:

was Givens used against the better hitters or was Bleier going to be used for the save?

It was the former. Gyvens faced the better hitters, did very well, and came out. When he warmed up in the 6th, it was when the heart of the yankees lineup was coming to the plate as well.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, SpecialFNK said:

was Givens used against the better hitters or was Bleier going to be used for the save?

Better hitters, 4-5-6 Voit, Andujar, Sanchez. 7-8-9-1 fear no one Torres, Tulo, Lemahieu, Gardner.

7 minutes ago, MrE said:

It was the former. Gyvens faced the better hitters, did very well, and came out. When he warmed up in the 6th, it was when the heart of the yankees lineup was coming to the plate as well.

At 16 pitches they should have left him in. 

Way too early, but Rocco is making me believe he's going to use Rogers and Parker in save situations, depending on who is due up. Using May for one out in the 7th today was pretty telling, imho. Of course, that means May will come in for the save opp tomorrow. Lol. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

He's in for the 8th to face the lefties.

Looking like Parker and Rogers will be splitting the ninth in a platoon situation until one of them starts melting down. At least that's the best I can make of this situation.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Looking like Parker and Rogers will be splitting the ninth in a platoon situation until one of them starts melting down. At least that's the best I can make of this situation.

Parker is melting down today,  ha. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Magoo said:

Zimmer time? Let it be so

My guess is that Peralta gets another shot or two. 

I think Zimmer is the best arm in that pen though.

• Like 1
On 3/28/2019 at 8:21 PM, bluefrogguy said:

Ian Kennedy looked good in the eighth. Haven’t seen anything, but if it’s a dumpster fire, I could see him getting a chance at some point. Sometimes guys like him find new life in the pen. 

Kennedy getting ready for the ninth in a save situation. Thought this might happen...

Just now, bluefrogguy said:

Kennedy getting ready for the ninth in a save situation. Thought this might happen...

Yep,  he's getting the opp.

• Like 1