Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 March/April Closer Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He must be yelling ‘ball’ before he throws each pitch.

In 2017 he gave up 2HR once and never 3. In 2018 he never gave up more than 1. Guess we have different definitions of "very prone".

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SpecialFNK said:

was Givens used against the better hitters or was Bleier going to be used for the save?

 

It was the former. Gyvens faced the better hitters, did very well, and came out. When he warmed up in the 6th, it was when the heart of the yankees lineup was coming to the plate as well.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpecialFNK said:

was Givens used against the better hitters or was Bleier going to be used for the save?

 

Better hitters, 4-5-6 Voit, Andujar, Sanchez. 7-8-9-1 fear no one Torres, Tulo, Lemahieu, Gardner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MrE said:

 

It was the former. Gyvens faced the better hitters, did very well, and came out. When he warmed up in the 6th, it was when the heart of the yankees lineup was coming to the plate as well.

 

At 16 pitches they should have left him in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Way too early, but Rocco is making me believe he's going to use Rogers and Parker in save situations, depending on who is due up. Using May for one out in the 7th today was pretty telling, imho. Of course, that means May will come in for the save opp tomorrow. Lol. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

 

He's in for the 8th to face the lefties.

Looking like Parker and Rogers will be splitting the ninth in a platoon situation until one of them starts melting down. At least that's the best I can make of this situation.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Looking like Parker and Rogers will be splitting the ninth in a platoon situation until one of them starts melting down. At least that's the best I can make of this situation.

 

Parker is melting down today,  ha. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Magoo said:

Zimmer time? Let it be so

 

My guess is that Peralta gets another shot or two. 

I think Zimmer is the best arm in that pen though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 8:21 PM, bluefrogguy said:

Ian Kennedy looked good in the eighth. Haven’t seen anything, but if it’s a dumpster fire, I could see him getting a chance at some point. Sometimes guys like him find new life in the pen. 

 

Kennedy getting ready for the ninth in a save situation. Thought this might happen...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bluefrogguy said:

 

Kennedy getting ready for the ninth in a save situation. Thought this might happen...

 

Yep,  he's getting the opp.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...