NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2019 March/April Closer Thread

Just now, AnonymousRob said:

As in Ian Kennedy? My God they're really pushing fantasy owners into sinking low for saves.

the worst part about this is when you have 2 free roster spots because dl and are punting sp

gives up 2 knocks to start the 9th. going to blow Janis W

7 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

the worst part about this is when you have 2 free roster spots because dl and are punting sp

gives up 2 knocks to start the 9th. going to blow Janis W

He got it done today despite giving up back to back hits to start the inning. Time to grab him and gamble with ratios!

1 minute ago, Jub Jub said:

Definitely some kind of committee situation at Royals closer but Box sure didn’t help his chances today. And where was Peralta, was he ever warming?

Broadcast said that peralta was about to get warm but they told him to sit down and for Kennedy to get warm instead. 

2 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

So pick up Kennedy? Feels like a trap. 

It most likely is, but if you’re in a blood for saves league you might as well. I’m a longtime Royals fan and have witnessed his futility plenty. I was hoping his velo would play up some in a one inning role, but he threw about the same. Anyway, I picked him up in a couple leagues I’m desperate for saves to see what happens.

Royals Ned Yost 2/13/19

“You need guys comfortable in high-leverage situations, whether it is the seventh or the eighth inning. I'm looking more in terms of that than just have [an anointed] closer.”

Edited by CraftyRighty
  • Like 1

Time to drop D-Rob?  Came in with a 4-run lead in the 9th. He let up a 2-run HR to cut the lead in half.  They started warming up Hector Neris.  Can't imagine D-Rob will be worth stashing in a league that only saves matter.

9 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Time to drop D-Rob?  Came in with a 4-run lead in the 9th. He let up a 2-run HR to cut the lead in half.  They started warming up Hector Neris.  Can't imagine D-Rob will be worth stashing in a league that only saves matter.

Did you mean to post this in the Early Season Overreaction Thread?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1