NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 March/April Closer Thread

24 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

Well in 2018 he had an era of 3.23 and a whip of 1.28.  So if you want to judge him from a couple of innings in 2019 go ahead.  I’m sure if Kimbrel decides to sign, he’ll slide right into that role and dominate without having pitched for how long. 

This thread is dedicated and used to speculate on closers.  Minter hasn't  looked very good since he came back from injury.  I know you probably have him staffed on your fantasy squad and may be a little biased about him but the rest of us like to be on the front side of a closer change.  That being said, I do not think they'll jerk him out just yet, but another couple blow ups like last night and they'll be forced to try something else.  That something else may be kimbrel or maybe not.  All i know is that Id like to be the first one in my league to pick up his replacement. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He must be yelling ‘ball’ before he throws each pitch.

In 2017 he gave up 2HR once and never 3. In 2018 he never gave up more than 1. Guess we have different definitions of "very prone".

Posted Images

Big day for philly pen.

last time out Neris shakily navigated a tie game 9th vs I think the nationals meat of the order to preserve the tie (closer usage)

tonight he (again a bit shakily but stuff looked good) delivered in closer usage

gabe will never have a guy but I think Neris is close to if not already has “right hander to use in the 9th unless rhh someone else has glaringly better splits against individual batters [or just decide to flip a coin]” status

and as ridiculous as it sounds, that role probably translates to 60% of the ops and is going to be very valuable on a 90 win team 

Edited by cyberer
  • Like 4
37 minutes ago, Morat said:

Any shot in ATL for recently recalled Dan Winkler?  Dude was great last year until he ran out of gas in Sept.

If something is wrong with Minter this wouldn't shock me. He closed a couple games for them last year. He's gotta earn some trust first though and get back to what he was doing last year.

Edited by fletch44
52 minutes ago, Baseball Or Bust said:

Braiser in the 7th giving up dingers.

Now days if you're not striking people out you're almost destined to blow up at some point.The first thing I look at these days when evaluating relief pitchers is their K/9. There are exceptions but I want Ks from my bullpen.

Edited by DFWSooner
1 hour ago, street sharks said:

Brasier was fine. Had Gardner 0-2 and made a mistake. Proceeded to strikeout judge and voit.

Exactly.  He didn't give up dingers.  He gave up one.  Also, it's not like his K rate is really that bad.  His 2 K's tonight brought it up to just below 1 per inning, which is close to his career mark.

Brasier will be fine.

10 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Exactly.  He didn't give up dingers.  He gave up one.  Also, it's not like his K rate is really that bad.  His 2 K's tonight brought it up to just below 1 per inning, which is close to his career mark.

Brasier will be fine.

Correction..... dinger... my bad.   It was nice to see him K the next two tho.  He was thrown into an awful situation.  

Meanwhile leclerc in trouble,  just beaned trout.  Ks the next two and escaped with the save.

Edited by Baseball Or Bust