NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2019 Completed Trades Thread

tonycpsu

Traded machado and c walker 

got Correa and Merrifield. 

Pretty stoked. I’ve got hunter dozier at 1st and I think walker will severely regress soon. I also think machado is going to have a down year because of the switch to a pitchers park in the NL. Needed help with steals as well and this being a keeper league means that Correa is certainly a long term keep option at 24. 

On 4/26/2019 at 9:21 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

Received Kluber and Rendon for Arenado and Bumgarner. 

this post aged well lmao

this is for a team that needed pitching badly and has a stacked offense. Rendon had played that day. Of course what can  you do about a fluke injury to Kluber.

good thing is I have recovery options and again my offense was already stacked.

On 4/30/2019 at 4:36 PM, duke of queens said:

Traded Lindor and Nola for Bellinger.

Already have Andrus and DeJong at SS.

Unless Nola never rebounds, you got fleeced. Lindor is easily the best player in the deal and Bellinger is a BABIP mirage.

7 hours ago, NYOrangeNBlue said:

You gave up too much, IMO. 

In a vacuum maybe. But I'm not high on MadBum and I had Vladdy sitting on the bench ready to replace Donaldson. I'm also concerned with Donaldson's calf injuries. Made sense for me. 

On 5/5/2019 at 6:20 AM, gbill2004 said:

In a vacuum maybe. But I'm not high on MadBum and I had Vladdy sitting on the bench ready to replace Donaldson. I'm also concerned with Donaldson's calf injuries. Made sense for me. 

MadBum is better than Berrios and will be on a contender in July. Donaldson is healthy and hitting.

Bumgarner: 3.28 FIP 3.67 xFIP

Berrios:  3.77 ERA 4.25 xFIP

9 minutes ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

MadBum is better than Berrios and will be on a contender in July. Donaldson is healthy and hitting.

Bumgarner: 3.28 FIP 3.67 xFIP

Berrios:  3.77 ERA 4.25 xFIP

I don't see that lasting the season. If I did I wouldn't have made the trade. And I'm in a QS league so contender makes no difference. 

Edited by gbill2004

9 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

I don't see that lasting the season. If I did I wouldn't have made the trade. And I'm in a QS league so contender makes no difference. 

Berrios has always had high FIP’s and xFIP’s and has been consistently streaky and unreliable. Fangraphs says not to expect him to ever be an ace. Bumgarner in his contract year in a pitcher’s park (for now at least) is a much better bet for QS’s. Donaldson also has upside when healthy, and he is. It was simply a bad trade anyway you look at it for you. Unless Donaldson misses most of the year or completely falls apart, the other guy easily wins.

Edited by Thenewwildone8

1 hour ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Berrios has always had high FIP’s and xFIP’s and has been consistently streaky and unreliable. Fangraphs says not to expect him to ever be an ace. Bumgarner in his contract year in a pitcher’s park (for now at least) is a much better bet for QS’s. Donaldson also has upside when healthy, and he is. It was simply a bad trade anyway you look at it for you. Unless Donaldson misses most of the year or completely falls apart, the other guy easily wins.

Cool. You obviously wouldn't have made the trade. Good for you. I'm quite happy I made the trade; I see Berrios as a big upgrade on MadBum. And like I said earlier, but you choose to ignore, I'm concerned with Donaldson's health this season.