NBC Sports EDGE Forums

How to improve my "Marmol" strategy team?

AlexxelA

10Team H2H - R,HR,RBI,SB,AVG,OPS - W,SV,K,ERA,WHIP

C - Wilson Ramos

1B - Travis Shaw

2B - Albies

SS - Peraza

3B - Rendon

OF - Acuna, Soto, Stanton

Util - Puig, Robles

BN - Ohtani, Yuli Gurriel, Hampson/McMahon

League starts 2 SP, 2 RP, 4 "P" of any kind.

SP - Morton, Ryu

RP - Yates, Vazquez, Doolittle, Robertson, K. Herrera, C. Green, Strop/Morrow

Need 15 IP minimum.  I plan on losing a couple of my bench hitters as the season goes on and see what happens with the new Rockies, but like to keep Ohtani and Gurriel for his flexibility.

Wondering if I need to send an OF out for top quality RP.

Thinking, Giancarlo Stanton for Edwin Diaz and Blake Trienen, top 2 closers.  I am stacked at OF.  Is this crazy?  

Edited by AlexxelA
Additional question

Yes, that is crazy. 

Your team is designed to dominate on offense and saves, ERA and WHIP, while punting on Ks and Ws.  That's a very good strategy in H2H. Upgrading from Pedro Strop to Edwin Diaz doesn't really advance your cause, however, since you will be in the same situation with a weaker offense.

What you need is better SP.  Morton and Ryu will put up the occasional awful start, which will kill your ERA and WHIP for the week because your relievers won't pitch enough innings to cancel it out. Stanton for Nola is more like what you need.

Or, if you are really set on going with Morton and Ryu, I would consider trading Puig for Edwin Diaz. Ohtani can slot in as a capable Puig replacement. But there's no need to do something as drastic as trading Stanton. Or better yet, try Ohtani for Hader. Hader will support you in ERA and WHIP as well as any closer.

Edited by Ben Edelman

1 minute ago, Ben Edelman said:

Yes, that is crazy. 

Your team is designed to dominate on offense and saves, ERA and WHIP, while punting on Ks and Ws.  That's a very good strategy in H2H. Upgrading from Pedro Strop to Edwin Diaz doesn't really advance your cause, however, since you will be in the same situation with a weaker offense.

What you need is better SP.  Morton and Ryu will put up the occasional awful start, which will kill your ERA and WHIP for the week because your relievers won't pitch enough innings to cancel it out. Stanton for Nola is more like what you need.

Or, if you are really set on going with Morton and Ryu, I would consider trading Puig for Edwin Diaz. Ohtani can slot in as a capable Puig replacement. But there's no need to do something as drastic as trading Stanton.

Thanks for the help, makes sense.  With only 15 IP/week, I'm thinking maybe even 6 RPs could get me there.  To be safe, 1 SP who gets me 5-6 innings leaves only 9-10 for the whole week for all 6 RP spots.  I have thought of Seth Lugo in SP spot to help as well.  I don't know if I could get Nola since it's a startup keeper.