NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

I own McCoy stock, not gonna say Williams will be terrible but I’m not a believer either. 

But how is nobody addressing their contracts in comparison? They’re giving Dwill 5mil over 2 years and Shady 3mil guaranteed right off the bat. & after being cut from a team for being “washed up” got to believe there will be an impact by shady on this depth chart. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

High stakes leagues have the same losers, just with more money.

Duke Johnson owners right now..  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, HarambeLives said:

I own McCoy stock, not gonna say Williams will be terrible but I’m not a believer either. 

But how is nobody addressing their contracts in comparison? They’re giving Dwill 5mil over 2 years and Shady 3mil guaranteed right off the bat. & after being cut from a team for being “washed up” got to believe there will be an impact by shady on this depth chart. 

he got 4 mil and had an offer from the chargers but picked kc 

its hard for me not to think he will be the one getting the most touches from the kc backfield im sure it will not be a bellcow role like it used to be but i think he leads the backfield in touches 

teams just aren't paying 4 mil for a pure back up running back imo

Edited by Flyers_28
Just now, ThreadKiller said:

What kind of kiddie leagues have McCoy available as a FA?

Had a draft at 8pm lastnight. Wasn't on a team until after the draft. Personally I didn't have any interest in him besides on the chiefs which I thought would never happen

8 hours ago, dmody91 said:

Opposing defenses have to worry about Kelce, Tyreek, Watkins AND then Mccoy. 

Damn bruh

I'd be adding Hardman to that list,kid is a speed burner as well,showed it off in the preseason and will have an impact in that offense.

Edited by Fabrini

I drafted Shady real late in a league.  12 team .5 PPR redraft.  I'm wondering what his value might be out there in our leagues for a quick flip vs what the community here thinks he's going to be on KC.  Andy Reid has tended to feature a RB and relegate the rest to reserve duty.  Historically he isn't the type to time share or committee it at the position.  If Shady takes the lead role there and has enough left in the tank we are talking an easy RB2 as a floor.  Question is, will he be the man in KC?

7 hours ago, Trifecta said:

Because the ADP up until this point just went out the window. ADP will move now. Value is what we're trying to assess here in the meantime. 

Damien Williams ADP will go down.

McCoy's will go up.

Count on it.

If you are a believer in Damien Williams and haven't drafted you should be ecstatic. His price just went down.

Brilliant move by KC, play keep away.. Save your RB's and destroy the AFC in Playoffs. Someone will need a RB later in the year and you can land a good Def. player or early round pick. Dont forget the "SUPER BOWL Drive in guys like McCoy". He gave up in Buffalo... yards after hit were low because he was not willing to abuse his body for a 4-12 team.

Just now, LivyDream said:

Brilliant move by KC, play keep away.. Save your RB's and destroy the AFC in Playoffs. Someone will need a RB later in the year and you can land a good Def. player or early round pick. Dont forget the "SUPER BOWL Drive in guys like McCoy". He gave up in Buffalo... yards after hit were low because he was not willing to abuse his body for a 4-12 team.

I think it's comparable to what happened with Randy Moss in oakland. McCoy was out there dying for a team that sucked, and he's a player that, as bad as it sound-- quits. But Reid and this team will excite and keep him fresh. Look for a revitalized Shady-- on that team....even 70% of his skillset makes him a SCARY threat.

2 minutes ago, LivyDream said:

Interesting theories

No one is giving a high pick for one of these KC backs tho.    That’s not why they signed shady 

Edited by Impreza178
1 hour ago, ThreadKiller said:

What kind of kiddie leagues have McCoy available as a FA?

Free leagues with half-hearted players and I speak from experience as I agreed to play in a free league this season with some friends and their families to help them fill out their league.A few minutes ago I thought I'll check and see who has him in that league.Shady now resides on my squad. :D

I realize shame on me as well but like I said it's a free league.

Edited by Fabrini
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Interesting theories

No one is giving a high pick for one of these KC backs tho.    That’s not why the signed shady 

If Dam. and McCoy are kicking it through the season splitting time and Murray shows he can backup. Come week 13 and a N.O. loses Kamara while 10-3 ? What would N.O. give for Dam... Obviously that is an insane type of example.

I know how people, especially young guys feel about McCoy. The Quitting moniker... That is over hyped... Take it from a washed up Electrician. I am over 50 and body destroyed from it. Luckily I was smart enough in my late 30s to start something that changed my life. Body is still destroyed.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Lol, watch people here overreact and draft or flock to wire to pick him up. I doubt this amounts to anything more than a back up insurance type role.

People who are drafting today and Monday will overreact and draft him too early, but flocking to the wire to pick him up is a good idea and not an overreaction.  

Sometimes you get your Juice back playing for a team challenging the Patriots for a superbowl birth..

Shady didnt have anything to play for in Buff except money of coarse.. sometimes you get more motivated playing with a real purpose.

Plus the talant around him is great. Teams cant only Gameplan for him now. I see a big year from Shady....if he plays atleast the 60 in a 60-40 split

Edited by SyNdicateZ
7 minutes ago, LivyDream said:

If Dam. and McCoy are kicking it through the season splitting time and Murray shows he can backup. Come week 13 and a N.O. loses Kamara while 10-3 ? What would N.O. give for Dam... Obviously that is an insane type of example.

I know how people, especially young guys feel about McCoy. The Quitting moniker... That is over hyped... Take it from a washed up Electrician. I am over 50 and body destroyed from it. Luckily I was smart enough in my late 30s to start something that changed my life. Body is still destroyed.

Attaguy.   I’m no spring chicken either but you’ve got me beat pops 😝.  

KC will be lucky to have both these guys fully healthy at the trade deadline.  They’re thinking of a SB run not a fourth/fifth round pick.    

Maybe they do a swap for a younger player later?  Not impossible 

I dunno about overreact. McCoy can be a legit RB1 in that offense. If a journeyman scrub like Williams can be and a has been like Ware could be, an aging stud like McCoy definitely can. Id take him in the 3rd/4th round now. Maybe after the Montgomery, Ingram, Mack tier but before Duke and Coleman. 

Edited by yanksman
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, yanksman said:

I dunno about overreact. McCoy can be a legit RB1 in that offense. If a journeyman scrub like Williams can be and a has been like Ware could be, an aging stud like McCoy definitely can. Id take him in the 3rd/4th round now. Maybe after the Montgomery, Ingram, Mack tier but before Duke and Coleman. 

That's exactly where I put him.  Also dropped Damien Williams like a rock, obviously.  I would like to put Shady higher but there is still uncertainty in his role.  If he were anointed the bellcow, I'd have him in my top 12 rbs.

Just remember how "great" Damien WIlliams was in 4 years at Miami.

Situation is everything.  I'm going to guess Shady will start with about 10 touches a game to see if he still has the juice.

Last year in Buffalo he had no chance.  Rookie QB with defenses not worrying about the passing game at all.

No chance of defenses doing that this year.

Shady will be fine.  Question is how much will Andy want to ride him at this point in his career.

• tonycpsu changed the title to LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic