NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

High stakes leagues have the same losers, just with more money.

Duke Johnson owners right now..  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Howdy .. Just got home from a 10 team draft got McCoy in the 10th round. 10.02. 

*** Same league Gurley went 20 

So round 2 for Gurley! Very nice :)

Good value on McCoy.

Edited by ponza88
  • Thanks 1

I'm thinking of taking him at the 5/6 turn.  Too rich?  Lot of uncertainty but think about the upside in this offense.  No more 8 man fronts, etc.  And he's only got to compete really with Damian Williams, a guy who has like 5 good games on his resume, and only got a shot because Hunt and Ware went down.

13 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I'm thinking of taking him at the 5/6 turn.  Too rich?  Lot of uncertainty but think about the upside in this offense.  No more 8 man fronts, etc.  And he's only got to compete really with Damian Williams, a guy who has like 5 good games on his resume, and only got a shot because Hunt and Ware went down.

Gopher it

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

He is saying this because he has him on his roster, nothing more. There is no source for this claim. 

My expectation, not from any source, would be that McCoy would get most of the early down work (maybe 2/3) and goal-line work, whereas DWilliams would get a small amount of early down work and most of the passing downs work (like 2/3 as well).  That's just pulled out of my a** but that's my expectation. 😀

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Anyone thinking McCoy will get 75% of the carries from week 1 is insane. 

He just joined the team. It will be at least 2-3 weeks before he knows everything on offense. I think they ease him in anyways

Will be eased in, but just say it with me; 3mil guaranteed. 

22 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

He just joined the team. It will be at least 2-3 weeks before he knows everything on offense. I think they ease him in anyways

9 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

Don't forget he's familiar with Reid's systems. The learning curve should be fairly flat. 

23 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

I

23 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Yes exactly. he knows the system, won’t be long till he’s up to full speed.

i think he will be the primary with Williams taking 3rd down and hurry ups.

i can see a 60/40 split

57 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

He is saying this because he has him on his roster, nothing more. There is no source for this claim. 

McCoy has a history with Andy Reid. Look at the contract he got, I don't know of any backup RBs making 4 mill a year when most teams dont want to pay RBs anything.

Williams is no doubt a talented back but is not a workhorse.

I would expect a 60/40 split for McCoy.

25 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

I think this is being blown out of proportion.  The season starts in less than a week.  IMO, the Chiefs aren't paying him $4m as a testament to his projected usage, but rather for their familiarity with him, his institutional knowledge, and their need for RB depth.  Plus, they have the salary cap space.

Also, Damien Williams was signed for $5m over 2 years to be the backup, and at that time, did anyone really know what to expect from him?  He was an unknown quantity, and the Chiefs still paid him $2.5m.  So why is everyone making such a big deal about McCoy's $4m when he's a known quantity?

Edited by wekko368
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

A lot of people are calling him washed up. If so, why did he look better than Singletary, the fantasy world's darling de jour?

He was BUF worst ypa RB last year, and that group of RBs was hardly stellar, to say the least.  Same offense, same line, same plays. You can’t just dismiss that for a 31 yr old RB who has seen his share of work.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

McCoy has a history with Andy Reid. Look at the contract he got, I don't know of any backup RBs making 4 mill a year when most teams dont want to pay RBs anything.

Williams is no doubt a talented back but is not a workhorse.

I would expect a 60/40 split for McCoy.

As the season goes on possibly but I think short term Williams should be the main piece of the backfield

FA Contracts are about supply and demand.  McCoy had pretty high demand, relatively speaking.  So he commanded higher guaranteed dollars.  Only the $3M is guaranteed, so the $4M is based upon his hitting $900k worth of incentives - which he may not.  

McCoy is going to play.  They didn’t pay him $3M to watch from the bench and he won’t be playing STs.  But right now the time share and situational use between Williams and McCoy (and Darwin) is completely up in the air and no one knows how it will shake out right now.  Probably not even Reid - who I think will be playing the hot hand RB this season.  That could be any of the 3 any given game.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I don't think McCoy is going to do all too much this season, unlike the general consensus on this thread.

He was awful last year, is 31 and has a lot of tread on the tires. Father time catches up to running backs faster than any other position. I think he's in the mix for snaps early but gets phased out in favour of Damien Williams the longer the season goes.

34 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

I think this is being blown out of proportion.  The season starts in less than a week.  IMO, the Chiefs aren't paying him $4m as a testament to his projected usage, but rather for their familiarity with him, his institutional knowledge, and their need for RB depth.  Plus, they have the salary cap space.

Also, Damien Williams was signed for $5m over 2 years to be the backup, and at that time, did anyone really know what to expect from him?  He was an unknown quantity, and the Chiefs still paid him $2.5m.  So why is everyone making such a big deal about McCoy's $4m when he's a known quantity?

I mean, the Texans are paying Clowney $7 million to play for the Seahawks...

• Haha 2
  • tonycpsu changed the title to LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic