NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

High stakes leagues have the same losers, just with more money.

Duke Johnson owners right now..  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Damn really?  First year FAAB in my league so not savvy yet but that seems extremely high.  

I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone go all in for shady.  Season long Rb2 potential.   

33% probably doesn’t get it done in my leagues 

Edited by Impreza178
4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone go all in for shady.  Season long Rb2 potential.   

Agreed.  All it takes is one owner who is a believer.  Reality doesn’t factor in.  Be prepared to go big or go home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Bronco Billy said:

He was BUF worst ypa RB last year, and that group of RBs was hardly stellar, to say the least.  Same offense, same line, same plays. You can’t just dismiss that for a 31 yr old RB who has seen his share of work.

YPC is a terrible stat. Prime Gurley averaged 3.2 YPC a few years ago. Melvin Gordon was below 4 three years in a row while guys like Ekeler were above 5. Fournette was 3.3 last year and is being drafted as a borderline RB1.

YPC is an easily skewed stat by situation, role (easier to have higher YPC when you aren't getting the ball on 3rd and goal, if you are a COP back on fresh legs, etc.), and a few long runs. McCoy may be washed but if so why is the fantasy world drooling over Singletary? If McCoy outplayed him and is washed how can Singletary be the second coming of Barry Sanders?

FWIW, the only other Buffalo player to get a lot of carries last year was Ivory and he was at 3.3.

• Like 1
Just now, Ace_King said:

YPC is a terrible stat. Prime Gurley averaged 3.2 YPC a few years ago. Melvin Gordon was below 4 three years in a row while guys like Ekeler were above 5. Fournette was 3.3 last year and is being drafted as a borderline RB1.

YPC is an easily skewed stat by situation, role (easier to have higher YPC when you aren't getting the ball on 3rd and goal, if you are a COP back on fresh legs, etc.), and a few long runs. McCoy may be washed but if so why is the fantasy world drooling over Singletary? If McCoy outplayed him and is washed how can Singletary be the second coming of Barry Sanders?

FWIW, the only other Buffalo player to get a lot of carries last year was Ivory and he was at 3.3.

We aren’t talking about a very young RB or Gordon playing behind epically bad O lines.  We’re talking about a successful vet on the wrong side of 30 playing with RBs who probably shouldn’t be getting a lot of carries in real NFL games, and his ypa being worse than all of them.

3 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

We aren’t talking about a very young RB or Gordon playing behind epically bad O lines.  We’re talking about a successful vet on the wrong side of 30 playing with RBs who probably shouldn’t be getting a lot of carries in real NFL games, and his ypa being worse than all of them.

Well McCoy's ypc is about to go way up against the 6-man fronts he will see as the new KC primary back.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

+1 this comment. FAAB gets less valuable week-by-week so someone in the league will take the plunge and aim to hit a home run week 1. Suppose you just gotta decide how badly you're hurting at RB. Think of those headlines: "McCoy having renaissance year". That FAAB will look cute in your wallet come week 10.

11 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well McCoy's ypc is about to go way up against the 6-man fronts he will see as the new KC primary back.

He was about mid-pack in box defenders last year.  Don’t see how that moves the needle.

30 minutes ago, BMcP said:

He was about mid-pack in box defenders last year.  Don’t see how that moves the needle.

And now he will face virtually zero 8 and 9 man fronts.  Needle moved.

• Like 1

McCoy's stated goal is to get to 12K rushing yards.  He didn't come to KC, with other teams interested, if he thought he wasn't going to get an opportunity to touch the ball.  On this offense he'll rarely see stacked boxes.  If he has anything left in the tank he's got a great chance of returning value well above his ADP.  

• Like 1

The situation is easy to peg.  Any NFL RB with a pulse that gets the bulk of the carries for KC will be a stud.  

Who the hell gets those carries is anyone's guess, at this point.  Looks like a big-time time-share in my opinion, until injuries happen.  But damn good lottery ticket to play.  

2 hours ago, wekko368 said:

I think this is being blown out of proportion.  The season starts in less than a week.  IMO, the Chiefs aren't paying him $4m as a testament to his projected usage, but rather for their familiarity with him, his institutional knowledge, and their need for RB depth.  Plus, they have the salary cap space.

Also, Damien Williams was signed for $5m over 2 years to be the backup, and at that time, did anyone really know what to expect from him?  He was an unknown quantity, and the Chiefs still paid him $2.5m.  So why is everyone making such a big deal about McCoy's $4m when he's a known quantity?

I wouldn’t say it’s blown out of proportion. It’s a fact, and after shady’s performance last year a lot of teams believe he’s washed up. DWill wasn’t signed to be the backup, he was signed to be the new bellcow that they could afford for cheap. He was signed post Hunt and Ward injury. 

41 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And now he will face virtually zero 8 and 9 man fronts.  Needle moved.

Needle not moved.  Kareem Hunt saw about average 8-man fronts last year.  It’s just not a valid reason to bump him up.

• tonycpsu changed the title to LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic