NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

Not sure how anyone can think that going to KC is anything other than a bonanza for McCoy.  He's leaving a moribund offense on a bad team with a bad o-line, and joining one of the best offenses in the history of the NFL in a system he knows playing for the coach that originally made him a star.  Oh, and by the way, of a team whose "starter" prior to his arrival has 50? carries in his entire career.

• Like 6
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

High stakes leagues have the same losers, just with more money.

Duke Johnson owners right now..  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

Honestly I think McCoy and Damien are both unstartable Week 1

I think Damien is fine to start.  McCoy may be familiar with the system, but he's unfamiliar with his teammates.  IMO, it'll take longer than a week to build chemistry with everyone.  

• Like 1

I think the play here is to get McCoy as late as possible in your draft, punt on Williams, and see what happens.  Wouldn't start him week 1 unless you really need a flex.  Way too much uncertainty to start Shady with any confidence in week 1, but he could be a gold mine of points if he gets a 70-30 share.

5 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

I think Damien is fine to start.  McCoy may be familiar with the system, but he's unfamiliar with his teammates.  IMO, it'll take longer than a week to build chemistry with everyone.  

Agree.   As of today my working theory is DW carries the most value and best chance of majority work week 1.    It’s not so easy coming in a week before the season and knowing all the updated plays/reads.    Familiarity with Reid’s offense isn’t the same as intimately knowing THIS version of it.  

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 4
46 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

What you guys think for week 1 production?  

Too difficult to tell, and the only people that should struggle with the decision are the d williams/McCoy owners. Everyone else can just sit back and see how the late round McCoy pick pans out.

i have a feeling that McCoy will be the back getting 60% of the touches, which is gold in that offense. Shouldn't take long for him to get there since Big Red loves him and trusts him in pass pro. I think by week 3 or 4 Shady will be the main RB. 

Edited by Mr.STD
  • Like 4

Not much to add here other than McCoy being an obvious, no brainer low-risk/high-reward pick in the rounds he's gone in the drafts I've been apart of.. this is especially magnified if you're doing a re-draft league with no keepers.

From what I saw the only other tempting RB around his draft position for me personally was Lativus Murray, and I feel as though you could pretty easily make the argument that Murray is safer but McCoy has stronger upside.

The Williams vs McCoy debate is already tired as there is no distinguishable way of knowing who's going to the guy to own for a few weeks.. but ultimately we can agree there is at minimum a chance that McCoy has one final hoorah at fantasy relevance and that to me is worth a lottery ticket pick/waiver add.

• Like 1
Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fair enuff, but if the op thought he could snag him with only 13% then perhaps he knows a bit more about his leeg and it's bidding tendencies than we do, no?

🛀

No.   I make the rules here 👀 

Gonna be a lot of disappointed bidders putting $40 on the board.  

• Thanks 1

I'm pretty certain both play this week.  I prefer DWill early in the season, but it might to a 50/50 share as the season progresses.

EDIT: 

Andy Reid said the plan is for LeSean McCoy to play in Sunday against the Jaguars

Edited by mjb
new info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even though I took a pretty strong position that McCoy becomes the guy sooner rather than later: unless you COMPLETELY wiffed on your 4th and 5th round picks, I think you’ve gotta have some serious balls or be crazy to start McCoy week 1. 

[...][

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Damien Williams owners were in denial all weekend. Now the worst news they could possibly have heard has come true. Andy Reid was not going to sign McCoy for more money than Damien and not play him a healthy amount of snaps.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, mjb said:

I'm pretty certain both play this week.  I prefer DWill early in the season, but it might to a 50/50 share as the season progresses.

EDIT: 

Andy Reid said the plan is for LeSean McCoy to play in Sunday against the Jaguars

That’s pretty much how u have to look at it.   Start DW in fantasy.   Sit shady-  unless it’s a deep league.  

weekly proposition for the time being.  

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, SpartanEric said:

The situation is easy to peg.  Any NFL RB with a pulse that gets the bulk of the carries for KC will be a stud.  

Who the hell gets those carries is anyone's guess, at this point.  Looks like a big-time time-share in my opinion, until injuries happen.  But damn good lottery ticket to play.  

🤔 

😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, CrastersCreep said:

I’d much rather draft Shady in the 8-10 round range then D-Will in the 3-5 range...I wonder what their ADPs are now that there’s been a day or two to settle.

Not sure but I got lucky with some perfect timing and drafted him in the 10th round.

After drafting him a buddy in the league asked where he would sign after bing cut from Buffalo.

Jokes on you bro, Andy Reid's already scripting plays for Shady, let's gooOooOO!!!!! 

Damien Williams will start at running back for the Chiefs on Sunday, when they begin the regular season against the Jaguars in Jacksonville.

"He knows what to expect,'' Reid said of McCoy. "I've been very honest with him about Damien and how good of a football player he is. I think it's a great situation for both of them and for the team. For where he's at in his career, you're talking about potentially a future Hall of Famer with the numbers and stats he's put together here. Here he has an opportunity to come to what potentially is a good football team as we go forward and be a part of that.''

Reid said the Chiefs plan to have McCoy available against the Jaguars.

"We'll see what he can pick up in a short period of time here, how comfortable he is with it, and then we'll go from there,'' Reid said. "He's a pretty sharp kid so I think we'll be OK. He's been practicing and playing in these preseason games so the conditioning part is not an issue. It's just becoming familiar with the protections and the run game part.

"This is different than what we did in Philadelphia. There will be some familiar things but it's quite a bit different. He's going to have to get in and learn (the offense) and then we'll just see how that goes. They both have an opportunity to play. I'm not going to put him out there in a bad situation without knowing the plays. I would never do that.''

• Like 2
  • tonycpsu changed the title to LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic