NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

High stakes leagues have the same losers, just with more money.

Duke Johnson owners right now..  

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Sgt. Ryan said:

Didn’t play week 1 of preseason 

Week 2 L McCoy had 4 carries for 6 yards and a 1 yd goal line TD.

2 receptions 11 yards. Complete garbage here 

week 3-  6 carries for 37 yards, 21 coming on one play. Meaning the other 5 carries are ho hum 3.2 yards per carry.

Bottom line is buffalo cut him because he wasn’t good enough any longer.  They tried to trade him and no one was biting. He was a malcontent when he was traded to buffalo and showed last year what his ceiling now is. Buffalo wanted to move on with a rookie and professional Frank Gore. 

How long do you think the Chargers would keep him if/when Gordon returns. He was insurance for them, just as he is for KC.  Yet Reid will let him stick around for a shot at a ring because of their history! That is why he chose KC.  He isn’t going to be relevant by week 6. Clearly on the downside of his career.  And folks are pointing at this preseason as something? That 62 yrs catch and run by Williams is more impressive than anything Shady has done in 3 years.  

Buffalo cut him to save $6.4 million.

He is in decline but that isn't the issue. The question is whether McCoy today is still better than Damien Williams. The answer is unclear. Williams is in his prime but he was a third stringer in the middle of last season. McCoy is declining from a HOF level. If I had to pick one it would be Williams but people are ignoring the real possibility that McCoy outperforms him this year.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

Damien Williams owners were in denial all weekend. Now the worst news they could possibly have heard has come true. Andy Reid was not going to sign McCoy for more money than Damien and not play him a healthy amount of snaps.

That’s not what I got out of the press conference today at all.

1 hour ago, P@ckersFan said:

I think Shady's washed up, but I thought he reached the wall after 2015, too and was wrong there. 

Everyone thought Peterson was washed up too after 2017 and he rushed for 1,000+ yards at age 33 last year. His YPC went from 3.4 to 4.2.

2 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Damien Williams will start at running back for the Chiefs on Sunday, when they begin the regular season against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Jacksonville.

"He knows what to expect,'' Reid said of McCoy. "I've been very honest with him about Damien and how good of a football player he is.

Many here have advocated that McCoy was signed to be the starter. Sounds to me like Williams is still the starter until otherwise.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Thanks 1

There can be no question whatsoever that McCoy has done 20x more in his career thus far than Damien Williams has done in his.

Also--if Reid really was satisfied with his RBs, why bring in McCoy at all?

• Like 5
1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

There can be no question whatsoever that McCoy has done 20x more in his career thus far than Damien Williams has done in his.

He answered that in his press conference. To give McCoy a chance to play for a good team. He’s not unhappy with Williams.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Do the chiefs get credit for those great McCoy years 5 -8 years ago? With that logic why not sign emmitt Smith?

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

He answered that in his press conference. To give McCoy a chance to play for a good team. He’s not unhappy with Williams.

He's going to bring in a player solely for that player's benefit?  Wow.  

I think one of the first things needed to become a sophisticated observer of this sport is to realize that coaches rarely mean what they say.  So, when coaches say this absurd thing, why are they saying it?  The path to wisdom is this way.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

Do the chiefs get credit for those great McCoy years 5 -8 years ago? With that logic why not sign emmitt Smith?

Nope.  Pretty sure Reid thinks McCoy can help them win games this season.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

100%. That's not the question. The question is how much he plans to use McCoy and how much McCoy has left in the tank.

Williams couldn't beat out Kenyan Drake for the starting job on a team that hated Kenyan Drake.

mccoy will lead this backfield 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Mr.STD said:

Williams couldn't beat out Kenyan Drake for the starting job on a team that hated Kenyan Drake.

mccoy will lead this backfield 

In carries.  Receptions it might be close.

2 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

"I like that you're completely ignoring the fact that McCoy just got cut by the Bills."

Define the term "cut"... lol I'm of the belief that they.. parted ways! lol

Edited by markrc99
1 hour ago, Ace_King said:

Everyone thought Peterson was washed up too after 2017 and he rushed for 1,000+ yards at age 33 last year. His YPC went from 3.4 to 4.2.

Yeah it’s hard to write off McCoy after one bad year where he had some injuries and was behind the worst O-line I’ve ever seen. Josh Allen led the team in rushing lol. I think he’s definitely lost a step but could still be very productive. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Yeah it’s hard to write off McCoy after one bad year where he had some injuries and was behind the worst O-line I’ve ever seen. Josh Allen led the team in rushing lol. I think he’s definitely lost a step but could still be very productive. 

A serviceable backup to be sure.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, viciousphilpy said:

Step outside of your own roster and ask yourself how you’d feel if you drafted Williams in the 2nd...

Hence the hate for McCoy here

I don’t own either but I guess it’s a plus if you have to play against d will lol

• tonycpsu changed the title to LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic