NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

Just now, FreakFries said:

Sure, but it shows he isn’t 100% on the playbook yet. Andy Reid said 2 things of note after week 1 - (paraphrasing)  1) it will take him a little while to get up to speed. McCoy knows a bit of our offense but a lot of what we are doing here is different than what we did in Philly and 2) I’m not going to put him in situations where he doesn’t know the pass protection schemes. “I wouldn’t do that to him.”

That hold seems to indicate that McCoy is still learning the offensive pass protections so I think that will cap his opportunities this week more so than each week after as he picks up more of the playbook. 

Presuming Damien doesn't play who else is going to pass protect? 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

High stakes leagues have the same losers, just with more money.

Duke Johnson owners right now..  

Posted Images

If McCoy gets in a full practice Friday and Williams sits, you'd have to have some amazing options to keep McCoy on your bench.  I don't care about how hard the matchup is.  This is the top offense in the league.  McCoy could get bellcow usage (keep in mind that, while Darwin Thompson may have a role, we don't really know if he is any good) or at least the alpha dog role.  I can't imagine sitting McCoy in such a situation.

• Like 4
Just now, Magoo said:

Presuming Damien doesn't play who else is going to pass protect? 

Darwin Thompson and Darrell Williams I assume. Or maybe Reid uses different formations. 

Just to be clear, I hope to high heaven I’m wrong and he blows up. It’s just: new playbook, iffy ankle, not starting left tackle, otherworldly passing attack and two other RBs one of which, D Thompson, was a preseason star and it all makes me nervous. Plus as I said I’m in a non ppr league. I’d feel better in ppr but not RB2 better, more flex.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

If McCoy gets in a full practice Friday and Williams sits, you'd have to have some amazing options to keep McCoy on your bench.  I don't care about how hard the matchup is.  This is the top offense in the league.  McCoy could get bellcow usage (keep in mind that, while Darwin Thompson may have a role, we don't really know if he is any good) or at least the alpha dog role.  I can't imagine sitting McCoy in such a situation.

I think it all comes down to McCoy’s health. If he’s a full go tomorrow, then he’s looking good  to get most of the work IMO. But if he’s limited again and listed as questionable for the game, then I think it becomes a more messy timeshare with Shady, Thompson, and Darrel Williams all mixing in.

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

Im going to drop Darwin and get Chris Thompson back and ill start him over a banged up, 31 year old McCoy against a stellar rushing defense. It’s the top offense in the league because of Mahomes and his WRs and TE, the run game has been pathetic and certainly won’t get better against the Ravens D. You would have to be insanely desperate to start McCoy this week. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Im going to drop Darwin and get Chris Thompson back and ill start him over a banged up, 31 year old McCoy against a stellar rushing defense. It’s the top offense in the league because of Mahomes and his WRs and TE, the run game has been pathetic and certainly won’t get better against the Ravens D. You would have to be insanely desperate to start McCoy this week. 

You’ve kind of made the same point now a few times. It’s FF. Volume is king and being on a historic O is Queen. McCoy looks like he’s got both. 

To say Chris Thompson is a better start than KCs RB1 without the normal competition is...insane?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Wait so your starting Thompson against the Bears?

• Haha 9
28 minutes ago, Magoo said:

You’ve kind of made the same point now a few times. It’s FF. Volume is king and being on a historic O is Queen. McCoy looks like he’s got both. 

To say Chris Thompson is a better start than KCs RB1 without the normal competition is...insane?

Without the normal competition? You think they are going to give 31 year old McCoy with his banged up ankle 25 touches? Lol, keep dreaming. I doubt he’s even in there for 50% of the snaps with Darwin and the other kid fully healthy. Besides, Reid’s play calling has changed drastically so far this year. The backfield is an afterthought, it’s the Mahomes show. Damn right I’m starting the most targeted RB in the league , who’s Keenums favorite receiver, in my PPR league. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Without the normal competition? You think they are going to give 31 year old McCoy with his banged up ankle 25 touches? Lol, keep dreaming. I doubt he’s even in there for 50% of the snaps with Darwin and the other kid fully healthy. Besides, Reid’s play calling has changed drastically so far this year. The backfield is an afterthought, it’s the Mahomes show. Damn right I’m starting the most targeted RB in the league , who’s Keenums favorite receiver, in my PPR league. 

Good luck with that.

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

I own them both (check the sig), unlike the McCoy trolls posting in the Williams thread...

How can you possibly call anyone a troll given the ridiculous opinions you've had about McCoy?  Your sig really means a lot of nothing.  I know I'd NEVER spend a pick on a guy who I thought had "no business being in the NFL".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@Dexter75

Claims he has McCoy ...... yet continues to throw Shade at him even though he could be the potential starter. Goes as far as saying you’d have to be “insanely desperate” to start McCoy. 

I’ve never ever seen someone so threatened by one of their own players that could get a major boost in their workload/opportunity. 

If you really owned McCoy you would actually be excited and hope he breaks out so you could sell high on him since you hate him so much. 

Remind us again to look at your signature that claims to have McCoy on your team. 🙄🙄🙄

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Asian Sensation said:

@Dexter75

Claims he has McCoy ...... yet continues to throw Shade at him even though he could be the potential starter. Goes as far as saying you’d have to be “insanely desperate” to start McCoy. 

I’ve never ever seen someone so threatened by one of their own players that could get a major boost in their workload/opportunity. 

If you really owned McCoy you would actually be excited and hope he breaks out so you could sell high on him since you hate him so much. 

Remind us again to look at your signature that claims to have McCoy on your team. 🙄🙄🙄

That's it right there.  I've never heard someone be so insanely negative about a guy who they rostered.  NEVER.  If he's on your roster there is absolutely no reason to trash him in every post. Who spends a pick on a guy that your "educated" opinion is that he has "no business being in the NFL"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Why do you own him then?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Why do you own him then?

Because the RB in Reids system USED to be a stud who was always in the top 8 fantasy RBs, that is before he fell in love with Mahomes. Is everyone else blind? The Chiefs backfield is an afterthought this year as Mahomes airs it out every other play. This is by far the worst backfield Reid has had in about a decade too, so that may have something to do with it. 

4 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Because the RB in Reids system USED to be a stud who was always in the top 8 fantasy RBs, that is before he fell in love with Mahomes. Is everyone else blind? The Chiefs backfield is an afterthought this year as Mahomes airs it out every other play. This is by far the worst backfield Reid has had in about a decade too, so that may have something to do with it. 

So why don't you drop McCoy then, if this is the worst backfield Reid has ever had and they clearly aren't going to run the ball?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

I swear, its like some people here don't even watch the NFL. The Ravens have the top ranked rushing defense in the league. McCoy on a tweaked ankle isn't going to do anything but get stuffed. Meanwhile, the Ravens have the 18th ranked passing defense and are quite beatable thru the air. This is going to be a repeat of the first two weeks, the Mahomes show. I own Williams, McCoy and Thompson and Im sitting them all this week. Not getting burned again by these turds. 

He'll probably get 75%-80% of the workload with DWill out. In this offense that's a RB2 with upside. I couldn't name 15 RBs I'd start ahead of him this week (again, assuming McCoy is healthy and Williams is out). 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

@Dexter75

We all know that he owns zero shares of Shady and is just salty from spending a 2nd round pick on DWill. It's been obvious since the day Shady signed with KC and he starting spouting off his trash opinions on this thread.

Edited by TheINC
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, TheINC said:

We all know that he owns zero shares of Shady and is just salty from spending a 2nd round pick on DWill. It's been obvious since the day Shady signed with KC and he starting spouting off his trash opinions on this thread.

Agree.  He's all over the Damien Williams threat bashing Shady and yet he "owns" Shady.  Pretty clear that he put Shady in his sig to try to prove his comments are credible.  In actuality, him "owning" Shady and bashing him means he is not credible, because his words and actions are not consistent.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

By far the worst string of threads posted by one “man”.

14 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

By far the worst string of threads posted by one “man”.

Hey kid, instead of personal insults. Prove me wrong. Find an Andy Reid backfield in the past decade that's had worse numbers to start the season than this. I'll wait...

Edited by Dexter75
14 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Hey kid, instead of personal insults. Prove me wrong. Find an Andy Reid backfield in the past decade that's had worse numbers to start the season than this. I'll wait...

Again - why do you own McCoy if you believe this?  You keep dodging this question.

11 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

2009 to begin the season where the McCoy Westbrook timeshare began, a comparable situation:

Westbrook thru 2 games: 26 rushes for 116 yards

McCoy thru those 2 games: 14 rushes for 64 yards

Fast Forward to 2019:

Williams thru 2 games: 22 rushes for 34 yards

McCoy thru those 2 games: 21 rushes for 104 yards

I guess it reinforces the notion that if Williams wasn't such a jag, this rushing offense would not be that bad for a timeshare. McCoy is holding up his end of the workload

• Like 2
  • tonycpsu changed the title to LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic