NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

High stakes leagues have the same losers, just with more money.

Duke Johnson owners right now..  

Posted Images

12 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Not really. In deep leagues, sure. To claim he should have been on a roster with Gore and Shady ahead of him is bizarre. I mean, if you are in a league with people who don’t draft well, then I guess you have open spots for a Singletary who was 3rd on the depth chart.

Not bizarre at all. People drafted Singletary in the late rounds in 12 team leagues because they knew that he was going to be the starting RB sooner rather than later (though maybe not quite as soon as this) over two washed up former stars. Its not like Shady getting cut is some bizarre fluke. It was pretty much an expectation that Singletary would rise to the top of the depth chart quickly. Maybe people were expecting week 4 instead of week 1, but this is exactly why Singletary was drafted in most fantasy leagues. In the later rounds of a fantasy draft, drafting these kinds of backups who are likely to find a starting role is drafting well. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Lol, watch people here overreact and draft or flock to wire to pick him up. I doubt this amounts to anything more than a back up insurance type role.

So entertaining though lol 

Edited by bomont
3 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Lol, watch people here overreact and draft or flock to wire to pick him up. I doubt this amounts to anything more than a back up insurance type role.

$4 million dollars worth of insurance? LOL. I don't own either player, but Damien owners are delusional if they think all Shady will be is a backup insurance type player.

• Like 6
Just now, RonnieRonaldo said:

I dont think McCoy will be starter, but i can definitely see an RBBC, though, Reid typically prefers a workhorse right?

I guess it really doesn't matter who starts. Let me rephrase: Why would the Chiefs sign LeSean McCoy and pay him more than Damien Williams to not be heavily involved at RB? 

• Like 2
Just now, OrangeAggie said:

I guess it really doesn't matter who starts. Let me rephrase: Why would the Chiefs sign LeSean McCoy and pay him more than Damien Williams to not be heavily involved at RB? 

Pair that with Fat Andy Reid's love for Shady, and he could be getting a lot of work, I'd say. 

5 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Bro, go to the waiver wire now and add him where available.

This is definitely not a nothing burger. This is Popeye's chicken sandwich sold out flex type stuff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

This is definitely not a nothing burger. This is Popeye's chicken sandwich sold out flex type stuff.

RB1 type sold out spicy chicken sandwich stuff if Damien ""Career backup" Williams gets injured, demoted, or falters 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Or it amounts to him being the best back on the team. That actually just became a possibility. Not saying he is, but he's got the Pedigree and the history with Reid. It's a distinct possibility.

You can lol all you want but Damien Williams stock just took a massive hit no matter how you slice it. We'll see how this plays out. That's why they play the games.

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Not at all this is a 3  rbbc night mare , biggest loser Damien Williams owners who drafted him in 2nd/3rd rounds, chiefs ain’t going to have a top 15rb this year, they all going to finish as rb3s

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Leopard said:

He's been on the decline for a while, Damien will still be the starter 

He actually looked really spry all summer. I've been buying and now he's a must draft.

Edited by ponza88
12 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I cannot imagine any league in which getting this guy off the wire is an overreaction. This guy could be an RB1 from week 1 forward. Damien Williams has hardly ever carried the ball and he was going in the 2nd round of drafts. Now a big star shows up to the top offense in the league and you think adding him would be an overreaction?  LOL.

• tonycpsu changed the title to LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic