Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyler Skaggs 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Pre draft ranking at 239 on yahoo. Had an ERA in the high 2’s last year before he tried to pitch through injuries and it rose up to 4.02. I can see him pitching 160-170 innings this year and putting up a mid 3 ERA with about 170Ks. Health will always be a factor but he’s going so low that I think he’s worth reaching for a little. I would pass on Heaney and go Skaggs instead, as there is more upside with Skaggs in my honest opinion. As an Angel fan, I watched them both pretty close last year. Thoughts??

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only in MLB Angels honor Skaggs....the results a combined no-hitter 13-0

I was one of the lucky ones who got to witness the game first hand tonight.  Let me say, as a longtime Angel fan, that was one of the most remarkable performances I have ever seen. From the fans chant

Posted Images

5 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Pre draft ranking at 239 on yahoo. Had an ERA in the high 2’s last year before he tried to pitch through injuries and it rose up to 4.02. I can see him pitching 160-170 innings this year and putting up a mid 3 ERA with about 170Ks. Health will always be a factor but he’s going so low that I think he’s worth reaching for a little. I would pass on Heaney and go Skaggs instead, as there is more upside with Skaggs in my honest opinion. As an Angel fan, I watched them both pretty close last year. Thoughts??

Mostly agree. Interesting that his ADP started around 250 which was criminally low. Then crept up to 180 once people caught on to the injury reason for the performance drop. Still too low. Now back up to 230-250 though that was because of the current forearm scare.

He had a breakthrough last year with almost all aspect of pitching, but especially with confidence in throwing his breaking pitches and location.

 Narrative-wise, no current Angel hated—and I mean hated — Scioscia more than Skaggs. Ausmus will not baby him. He’ll get his innings if heathy 

 

If healthy...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Got him at pick 183 and no regrats!

That’s perfectly fine. Half those mid round buzzy guys’ upside Skaggs already proved he can do, 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He had an even worse ERA last spring, so I'm not really worried about the numbers. He also admitted that he was working on a new pitch this spring(wouldn't specify what) which is what ended up causing his forearm tightness, so he scaled back on it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

If he was dropped in your league, get in on this upcoming schedule! Starting tomorrow,

@KC
vs TOR
@DET
@MIN ... maybe
vs MIN, vs TEX

That's nice. But it sucks that the Angels are worse than pretty much all those teams. Someone can debate me about KC.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

That's nice. But it sucks that the Angels are worse than pretty much all those teams. Someone can debate me about KC.

 

Just scored 10 runs with Blake Snell starting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

If he was dropped in your league, get in on this upcoming schedule! Starting tomorrow,

@KC
vs TOR
@DET
@MIN ... maybe
vs MIN, vs TEX

 

He's going to be babied so hard off the DL that I wouldn't consider him a priority add right away unless you have room 

Edited by abachar
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

A start like this vs a lineup like that basically gets you on my instant drop, will never roster again s--- list. Cya never Skaggs I’m done for life. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KrunK said:

A start like this vs a lineup like that basically gets you on my instant drop, will never roster again s--- list. Cya never Skaggs I’m done for life. 

 

I think I likely said this before and then went back on it obviously today, but A-FREAKING-Men.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...