NBC Sports Edge Forums

Eloy Jimenez 2019 Outlook

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eloy is pretty dissimilar to Moncada. Moncada was a top prospect bc of his potential and athleticism and ridiculous body, etc. Eloy had great success in the minors and has a hit tool that will allow h

He is being thrown the highest % of breaking balls of any player in the majors so far this year.  He’s getting a rude introduction to the majors and it’s showing in his k’s.  As a dynasty owner of his

10 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

Those that are still holding in redrafts, what's making you hold at this point?  He's been downright dreadful. All that's keeping me from cutting is the "what if he gets hot?"

Unfortunately I don't have the space to keep him even in a keeper league.  I was really hoping he would make that decision easy for me.  Maybe he figures things out next year but maybe not.  

Edited by mehtavg2000

Well, he’s not only showing signs of life but I’d say he’s hot. Hope you held, and if you didn’t go get him back before someone else does. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was a top 30 OF ROS... Then again, wouldn’t be surprised if he plummets back to mediocrity😅 But I’m buying it as legitimate //

• 1 month later...

Good target, own him in 2 keepers.  However I will say September numbers can be fools gold sometimes.  So many f***** losers with zero business being in bigs up.  Haven’t broke him down yet to say that’s why he’s doing it or not, but I would advise in redrafts to not always reach based on September stats.  I do like Eloy a lot, hopefully team makes moves around him to better lineup.  I think a lot of early season struggles were being surrounded by bums (into late August this lineup is was bottom 3 in runs scored).  

Edited by Cmilne23

League winner this year. Wow... didn’t own him all year. Somehow he was on he wire during playoff time and just wow... now I will be targeting him next year for no other reason then I simply love him. May not reach for him, but this guy will be a stud in the very near future. He’s ******** 22 years old. He showed what his potential is this last month or more.

Edited by hangin n wangin
16 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Good target, own him in 2 keepers.  However I will say September numbers can be fools gold sometimes.  So many f***** losers with zero business being in bigs up.  Haven’t broke him down yet to say that’s why he’s doing it or not, but I would advise in redrafts to not always reach based on September stats.  I do like Eloy a lot, hopefully team makes moves around him to better lineup.  I think a lot of early season struggles were being surrounded by bums (into late August this lineup is was bottom 3 in runs scored).  

He's had other hot stretches this year before September. I think a projection for next season of 270-40-100 is fair, and of course the ceiling is even higher.

16 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

League winner this year. Wow... didn’t own him all year. Somehow he was on he wire during playoff time and just wow... now I will be targeting him next year for no other reason then I simply love him. May not reach for him, but this guy will be a stud in the very near future. He’s ******** 22 years old. He showed what his potential is this last month or more.

It was crazy finding him on the wire this late but there he sat. After enduring losses of Ketel Marte and Christian Yelich to my OF i was left scrambling. He's been an absolute blessing.

• Like 1