New England Patriots 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ironic photo then  

He's a sports writer/analyst for the Athletic.  She is a host/analyst from NFL Live. The Spygate article was written by one of the senior sports writers over at Business Insider. The other tweet is di

Posted Images

My greatest pick.  Funny thing is I drafted them to be by other defense.  I also have the Bears.  I knew that they would have an easy inner division schedule and was going to pick from the two depending on matchup.  I have not used the Bears Defense yet.  Another awesome week coming up.  I am undefeated so far.  Between the Patriots Defense and Dalvin Cook I am rolling.

5 hours ago, 99-percent-sure said:

I expect the Patriots D to score 20+ FP this week, maybe 30. It's absurd how hobbled the Giants will be for this game. It's like having an extra RB1 in your lineup.

This plus what looks like a monsoon hitting Foxborro...

14 minutes ago, dms80790 said:

Their defense is destroying.

Christian McCaffrey: 128 points

Dalvin Cook: 104 points

Pats defense: 144 points

What is their trade value?

It's a great question. If someone said what would you trade me to be allowed to start a RB1 in your defense slot, the sky would be the limit. Unfortunately people are still gonna view this differently and I suspect you get comical offers for them. 

31 minutes ago, NyZD said:

Their playoff schedule is amazing, that being said they won't be doing this during the Eagles, Cowboys, Texans and Chiefs stretch thats for sure.

Well the Eagles can pass-protect, as can the Cowbous but Dak can easily have a foot-in-mouth game. The Texans could get blitzed to death. Ditto KC. Not the greatest starts in those 4 but unless there was a clear alternative I wouldn't feel bad rolling with them.

1 hour ago, NyZD said:

Their playoff schedule is amazing, that being said they won't be doing this during the Eagles, Cowboys, Texans and Chiefs stretch thats for sure.

The Pats D is must start ROS and that includes week 10.

6 minutes ago, BadMoon said:

The Pats D is must start ROS and that includes week 10.

Idk I think we are biased because of their weak schedule so far. I say pick up Jets D now and hold them just in case. Their Weeks 9-14 are amazing, which coincide with Pat's brutal 9-14

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat

As soon as Uncle Bill took over as DC, with THAT schedule over the first few weeks, it was obviously going to be brutal. In fact, it's been down right spectacular. The Pats secondary is no joke.

Jets + Browns up next, with Bengals/Bills in weeks 15 & 16.

At this point there is a fair to good chance they will finish Week 16 as a Top 10 RB/WR.

Why is the Antonio Brown thread STILL locked?? I come to rotoworld forums to get the breaking news and recent developments from all the various types of media that rotoworld users follow. I’d like to be able to discuss whether or not he has a chance to come back to a team or Patriots because I have him rostered still... 

1 minute ago, bjvance5 said:

Why is the Antonio Brown thread STILL locked?? I come to rotoworld forums to get the breaking news and recent developments from all the various types of media that rotoworld users follow. I’d like to be able to discuss whether or not he has a chance to come back to a team or Patriots because I have him rostered still... 

Because he's not relevant. Until he actually makes it on with a team he doesn't need to be discussed. It always turns into other things than football. I'm glad it's closed.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Because he's not relevant. Until he actually makes it on with a team he doesn't need to be discussed. It always turns into other things than football. I'm glad it's closed.

so don’t discuss any potential fantasy impactful players if they aren’t on a team?  He’s asking the Patriots to bring him back and with the Josh Gordon injury they will obviously be looking for a receiver if it turns out to be serious... now I don’t think they will sign him but I’d still like to be able to take a peek at his thread every now and then to see if there are any recent developments. It’s very easy to sift through the unnecessary posts unrelated to fantasy analysis.

An injury-ridden Steelers.

A 2nd string high school team in the Dolphins.

The embarrassing Jets.

The less than exciting Bills.

The weak@#$ Redskins.

The injured Giants.

Sorry if I'm not impressed with the Pats' 6-0 start and their defense looking like a fantasy stud. BIG regression coming. Cleveland, Baltimore, Philly, Dallas, Houston, KC. Should be way better tests of the DST than the #$%^&@ Jets.

7 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

The embarrassing Jets.

The weak@#$ Redskins.

The injured Giants.

Sorry if I'm not impressed with the Pats' 6-0 start and their defense looking like a fantasy stud. BIG regression coming. Cleveland, Baltimore, Philly, Dallas, Houston, KC. Should be way better tests of the DST than the #$%^&@ Jets.

Yes, they've played lousy teams but their D is still stacked though and is one of the best in the NFL 

3 minutes ago, fingers said:

Yes, they've played lousy teams but their D is still stacked though and is one of the best in the NFL 

Yea, they're good. But when you play the bottom of the barrel, you're going to look elite. Expect regression.

10 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

The embarrassing Jets.

The weak@#$ Redskins.

The injured Giants.

Cleveland needs to block a heck of a lot better than they did on Monday to avoid being another footnote on the list.  Dallas and KC need their left tackles back, bad.  The wheels are starting to come off Baltimore, and Philly and Houston's offenses have been pretty inconsistent.

Things will change, I'm certain.  But this looks like a favorable slate from whistle to whistle as we stand here right now.

4 minutes ago, fingers said:

Definitely, but not "twice as good as the 2018 Chicago Bears good" which is their current pace.

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/fantasy/2019/10/11/20909361/patriots-dst-fantasy-football-new-york-giants

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

The embarrassing Jets.

The weak@#$ Redskins.

The injured Giants.

The Steelers were 100% when they got torched. The rest of their opponents have been a joke, but that is par for the course when you look at their division. Steelers just aren't as good a team without Bell and AB, and now Big Ben.

3 minutes ago, fingers said:

Their schedule is always easy and their stacked D just makes it unfair. I mean Bills, Dolphins, and Jets every year. What a pathetic division. That is nearly a lock for 6 wins right there alone. Go 5-5 rest of schedule and BOOM playoffs! Like said though, their out of division schedule should be slightly tougher the rest of the way now.

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Sorry if I'm not impressed with the Pats' 6-0 start and their defense looking like a fantasy stud.

The same defense didn't hold an elite offense to 3 points in the SB last year or anything

• Like 1

The weeks 11-14 schedule (Phi, Dal, Hou, KC) makes me nervous.  If available the Jets DST makes a good alternative for that stretch.  They get (Was, Oak, Cin, Mia) and are currently the #9 Dst in my league.

14 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

The weeks 11-14 schedule (Phi, Dal, Hou, KC) makes me nervous.  If available the Jets DST makes a good alternative for that stretch.  They get (Was, Oak, Cin, Mia) and are currently the #9 Dst in my league.

I think they're still playable against Phi, Dal and Hou if you can't afford a roster spot for another D and/or the alternative options stink. Not going to drop 20-30 for you but I still think they could create some turnovers and be decent to solid. Against KC in first round of fantasy playoffs is a hard pass though. Weeks 15 and 16 are nice though(@ Cincy, vs Buffalo)

Just now, owenmills said:

I think they're still playable against Phi, Dal and Hou if you can't afford a roster spot for another D and/or the alternative options stink. Not going to drop 20-30 for you but I still think they could create some turnovers and be decent to solid. Against KC in first round of fantasy playoffs is a hard pass though. Weeks 15 and 16 are nice though(@ Cincy, vs Buffalo)

I've never needed a bye more, Mahomes and the NE DST are packing my team.  

It is unfortunate that the next Miami match up is week 17, seems like most leagues are done the week before 

• sngehl01 locked this topic
  • sngehl01 unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic