Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

New England Patriots 2019 Outlook


dschddny
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

 

We need for the facts to come out!

-The Patriots admitted they violated NFL policy

 

We need to see the tape!

-The Patriots admitted they filmed the field and sideline

 

We need information from an unbiased source

- The patriots issued an official statement

 

It's too early to draw any conclusions but it's obvious it wasn't cheating! 😂

 

 

Well that was pointless. You still haven’t said anything that very explicitly shows that their intent was to cheat. Good grief.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DoYourJob said:

Well that was pointless. You still haven’t said anything that very explicitly shows that their intent was to cheat. Good grief.

 

I think u missed the irony it's too early to draw conclusions yet it possibly cant be cheating 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Wilford Brimley said:

Please tell me how that’s factually incorrect?  How does what happened in another incident have any bearing on what will happen?  I’m part of the many - you don’t even know what my opinion was or if I would change it.  But youre certain so it doesn’t matter. Hard  Evidence only matters when you don’t like the potential outcome it seems.


Um, because there are people in basements everywhere that still refer to deflategate despite science? What do you mean how is it not incorrect? Lol.

Just nevermind, let’s just move on as you don’t seem to see what I’m saying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:


Um, because there are people in basements everywhere that still refer to deflategate despite science? What do you mean how is it not incorrect? Lol.

Just nevermind, let’s just move on as you don’t seem to see what I’m saying.

I was speaking of this incident.  You brought up deflate gate and how people responded to that.  Because SOME people respond to that incident as you assert is not a FACT  that everyone will respond to this incident that way.  That’s an opinion of yours and you seem to be unclear on facts. What the hell are you talking about?  Move on.  How about stop intentionally misconstruing things. Seriously, what the hell does your opinion of people still talking about deflate gate have to do with this the facts that I stated?  Please point that out

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wilford Brimley said:

I was speaking of this incident.  You brought up deflate gate and how people responded to that.  Because SOME people respond to that incident as you assert is not a FACT  that everyone will respond to this incident that way.  That’s an opinion of yours and you seem to be unclear on facts. What the hell are you talking about?  Move on.  How about stop intentionally misconstruing things. Seriously, what the hell does your opinion of people still talking about deflate gate have to do with this the facts that I stated?  Please point that out


Show me where I claimed fact that “everyone”...I’ll wait...

What I DID say is “Deflategate” was disproven by science and reality but many already had their opinions formed by ESPN and still refer to deflategate incorrectly.” which was in response to your claim that people will change their opinions if information indicates there was no wrong doing. I brought up deflategate bc the opposite happened there. Science disproved it and many didn’t change their opinion at all.

Not really sure why or how you’re having a hard time understanding what I’m saying? Sorry man, I really don’t know how else I can explain what I’m saying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ThreadKiller said:


Show me where I claimed fact that “everyone”...I’ll wait...

What I DID say is “Deflategate” was disproven by science and reality but many already had their opinions formed by ESPN and still refer to deflategate incorrectly.” which was in response to your claim that people will change their opinions if information indicates there was no wrong doing. I brought up deflategate bc the opposite happened there. Science disproved it and many didn’t change their opinion at all.

Not really sure why or how you’re having a hard time understanding what I’m saying? Sorry man, I really don’t know how else I can explain what I’m saying.

I’m having a hard time understanding how you said I was factually wrong. In my original post.  It’s not.  It’s an opinion of yours.  Ok replace “everyone” with “many”. It’s still not a fact. 

 

You claimed i was was factually incorrect that we would change our minds if new evidence comes up regarding this incident because people did not change their opinions on deflate gate.  That is not a fact that people will not change their minds this time.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

The only thing I care about NE-related this week is their DST scoring at least 2 TDs...

Seriously, I don't care who they tape if they deliver me another 30 burger this weekend. If that happens I will never criticize them for this incident again, I promise you Patriots D!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Wilford Brimley said:

I’m having a hard time understanding how you said I was factually wrong. In my original post.  It’s not.  It’s an opinion of yours.  Ok replace “everyone” with “many”. It’s still not a fact. 

 

You claimed i was was factually incorrect that we would change our minds if new evidence comes up regarding this incident because people did not change their opinions on deflate gate.  That is not a fact that people will not change their minds this time.  


Maybe YOU would. But many would not. You spoke claiming that everyone I was referring to (you don’t know who that is) would change their minds if new light was shed. I said it’s a fact that it didn’t happen so why are you sure it will this time? I claimed they wouldn’t die to what has happened previously. Why are you trying to argue with me about this lol? Just move on.

 

You said this definitively: We’ll change our opinions of the pats as soon as more info becomes available that exonerates them.

I responded by disagreeing because it’s NOT what has happened in the past. Your claim that others will change their mind is based on nothing factual. My claim that they won’t is based on previous history.

done. Let’s move on.

Edited by ThreadKiller
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:


Maybe YOU would. But many would not. You spoke claiming that everyone I was referring to (you don’t know who that is) would change their minds if new light was shed. I said it’s a fact that it didn’t happen so why are you sure it will this time? I claimed they wouldn’t die to what has happened previously. Why are you trying to argue with me about this lol? Just move on.

I said “we” not “everyone” in my first post.  You don’t know who that is either.  You claimed I was factually incorrect.  Why are you arguing? I’m arguing because you are an annoying poster and your arguments are ridiculous.  To quote Newman quoting Kramer - “You emit a foul and unpleasant odor”.    I’m still waiting on the fact that you claim that I was factually incorrect on.

Edited by Wilford Brimley
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Wilford Brimley said:

I said “we” not “everyone” in my first post.  You don’t know who that is either.  You claimed I was factually incorrect.  Why are you arguing? I’m arguing because you are an annoying poster and your arguments are ridiculous.   I’m still waiting on the fact that I was wrong factually incorrect on.


I never said you said “everyone”, dude. I was referring to people as a generality and you responded by saying “we” which I took as a reference to the general group I was referring to. Please stop misquoting me.

And I’m still waiting on the survey you took where you are able to refer to those I was referring to and confidently to claim “we” will change minds once new information comes out. How are you so confident in that?

Look I’ll spell it out for you:

1. People rush to form opinions BEFORE all information comes out (this is true everywhere).

2. New information is shed that SHOULD change those opinions.

This happened with Deflategate. That’s a fact. People still refer to deflategate as cheating despite science existing. This is proof that people did NOT change their minds.

 

This taping situation: People rushing to opinions again without all necessary information needed in order to come to an educated conclusion. Forgive me for BASED ON HISTORY that I strongly doubt anyone is interested in changing their mind or seeking out more information. My opinion on that is based on history and how it tends to unfold as I witness it as a Patriots fan. Forgive me for saying “factual” as I said that bc I was basing my opinion on what HAS happened while your claiming that people will change their minds is based on very little (aside from speaking for only yourself). I didn’t realize that that single word would set you off into this long, pointless debate.

Move. On.

 

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:


I never said you said “everyone”, dude. I was referring to people as a generality and you responded by saying “we” which I took as a reference to the general group I was referring to. Please stop misquoting me.

And I’m still waiting on the survey you took where you are able to refer to those I was referring to and confidently to claim “we” will change minds once new information comes out. How are you so confident in that?

Look I’ll spell it out for you:

1. People rush to form opinions BEFORE all information comes out (this is true everywhere).

2. New information is shed that SHOULD change those opinions.

This happened with Deflategate. That’s a fact. People still refer to deflategate as cheating despite science existing. This is proof that people did NOT change their minds.

 

This taping situation: People rushing to opinions again without all necessary information needed in order to come to an educated conclusion. Forgive me for BASED ON HISTORY that I strongly doubt anyone is interested in changing their mind or seeking out more information. My opinion on that is based on history and how it tends to unfold as I witness it as a Patriots fan. Forgive me for saying “factual” as I said that bc I was basing my opinion on what HAS happened while your claiming that people will change their minds is based on very little (aside from speaking for only yourself). I didn’t realize that that single word would set you off into this long, pointless debate.

Move. On.

 

I’m moving on.  I had to take a dump to cleanse myself of this crap you’re churning out.  

Edited by Wilford Brimley
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Team with suspiciously miraculous Super Bowl comeback investigated for another solitary, isolated, non-systemic cheating scandal


https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thefalcoholic.com/platform/amp/2019/12/10/21005057/new-england-patriots-suspiciously-miraculous-comeback-investigated-another-isolated-cheating-scandal

 

This is a great read.


It’s also a great example as to why the NFL better take this seriously because at this point the Patriots are doing real damage to the integrity of the NFL.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Team with suspiciously miraculous Super Bowl comeback investigated for another solitary, isolated, non-systemic cheating scandal


https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thefalcoholic.com/platform/amp/2019/12/10/21005057/new-england-patriots-suspiciously-miraculous-comeback-investigated-another-isolated-cheating-scandal

 

This is a great read.


It’s also a great example as to why the NFL better take this seriously because at this point the Patriots are doing real damage to the integrity of the NFL.

That was hilarious, thanks for posting this made my day.

 

Falcoholic lmao

Image result for falcons meme"

Edited by DoYourJob
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Team with suspiciously miraculous Super Bowl comeback investigated for another solitary, isolated, non-systemic cheating scandal


https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thefalcoholic.com/platform/amp/2019/12/10/21005057/new-england-patriots-suspiciously-miraculous-comeback-investigated-another-isolated-cheating-scandal

 

This is a great read.


It’s also a great example as to why the NFL better take this seriously because at this point the Patriots are doing real damage to the integrity of the NFL.


hahaha that article is a reach. The author sounds like a bitter Falcons fan to me...The scary part is that if more people see it, they’ll take that article for fact and run with it. That’s been my whole point all along. That people need VERY LITTLE in order to form an opinion and they’re stubborn enough to stick to it despite facts and reality standing in the way.

Edited by ThreadKiller
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:


hahaha that article is a reach. The author sounds like a bitter Falcons fan to me...The scary part is that if more people see it, they’ll take that article for fact and run with it. That’s been my whole point all along. That people need VERY LITTLE in order to form an opinion and they’re stubborn enough to stick to it despite facts and reality standing in the way.

 

Yet how is your point relevant to the Patriots ADMITTING they violated NFL policy and taped the field and sideline. Again the league is only determining if they believe the Pats stated intent and the fair punishment. They will be penalized in some manner.  Determining the intent is going to frame the degree of punishment. 

There is zero to form an opinion about what they did, it's just a question of if you BELIEVE their explanation. 

I would say that it is a consensus view that  the majority following this case do not BELIEVE the Pats statement becuase there is nothing to disprove that belief. The evidence and admission is in violation of NFL policy and that's really all there is needed to know. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This type of thing was probably bound to happen with a corporation (Kraft Group) that is so obsessed with gathering information. Here's a link to an article about what the Kraft Analytics Group has been all about for the past 17 years.  Obsessive might be an understatement.   https://www.wbur.org/morningedition/2016/12/22/kraft-analytics-group 

I live in Patriots country and hear what's being said all week on the radio. The bias is undeniable. Belichick is untouchable, and after what he's accomplished, probably rightfully so.  I lived through the Grogan years.  But it's tough to hear how "holier than thou" protective all the on-air personalites are of Kraft, especially the WEEI guys.  That place must be owned by the man. And listening to Scott Zolak scream and moan over Bob Socci's quality play by play is like sitting next to the spitting-in-your-face, know-it-all drunk at the bar. 

Personally, logically, I think BB is too smart to risk this type of stuff; he hates distractions.   And yet there's a little voice saying . .. .  it is the Bengals, but the Pats need a win badly.  Brady was sulking horribly at the post-game presser in Houston two weeks ago.  Then this loss.  There hasn't been this type of "two clicks past the Mekong Delta" doom and gloom around these parts since the Pats lost badly to the Chiefs week 4 of 2014 on a Monday night.  According to every regional radio guy, it was OVER, Brady was done, sayonora.  This is tough to admit, the outlook was so bad, Brady was dropped in my league, a fairly competitive 14 teamer.  On RTsports there's only waivers at the beginning of the week, so he cleared 24 hours later and I loaded him in the queu and was going to pull the trigger, but decided to go with (gulp) Blake Bortles instead.  A few minutes later he was scooped by a sane fan who lives in Texas and apparently wasn't so influenced by the local media schlocking.

Overall, though, I think it's fair to point out that it's impossible for us to get information almost anywhere without corporate advertising bias.  That's what's great about these forums; most people keep an open mind and don't have some kind of axe to grind.  To paraphrase Jack Nicholson:  "I love to be proven I'm wrong".   It pains me to see these forums starting to read like the comments section over @Fox.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And here I thought we might even make it through the year without the Patriots again violating the rules and again being investigated for cheating.  It really never ends with these guys - it’s more pathetic than anything at this point.  Thank goodness I don’t feel any need to defend this team in the name of my fanhood over and over again.  SMH.

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Not really sure why or how you’re having a hard time understanding what Im saying

 

1. The Pats admitted the crew did something wrong.

2. The Pats put so much distance between themselves and the crew you would believe the crew were from another planet.

I read almost all your posts and I get you are going to wait until something concrete comes out but given you are a Pats fan I wonder what you would consider concrete.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nicksti said:

 

1. The Pats admitted the crew did something wrong.

2. The Pats put so much distance between themselves and the crew you would believe the crew were from another planet.

I read almost all your posts and I get you are going to wait until something concrete comes out but given you are a Pats fan I wonder what you would consider concrete.

 

 

That's why they hired CONTRACTORS. They learned their lesson from the last time they used STAFF. 

Those guys are cottdam geniuses! 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great article:

"The footage is aimed at showing the inner workings of what the scout does, but in no way was it a reprise of the sideline videotaping the Patriots were found guilty of engaging in back in 2007."

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/why-believe-bill-belichick-mona-lisa-vito-press-conference?fbclid=IwAR07pNomp9LJgA8aPUypTUo0PJyZoUcLHsrE9eGWXbZnyhuZxaTM2Lg8R4Q

 

***This part sums up what I've been saying all along:

"People will believe what they want to believe. The vast majority of football-watching America will believe the Patriots were cheating because that’s the narrative they’ve been fed for a decade and a half.

Anything requiring people with their minds made up to think critically about an allegation is going to be dismissed out of hand. That’s why this is swallowed whole and pooped out as truth the same way Mike Tomlin’s intimations the Patriots were jamming their headsets in early 2015 was accepted as truth and — after it was debunked by the NFL — left a dent"

Edited by ThreadKiller
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Great article:

"The footage is aimed at showing the inner workings of what the scout does, but in no way was it a reprise of the sideline videotaping the Patriots were found guilty of engaging in back in 2007."

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/why-believe-bill-belichick-mona-lisa-vito-press-conference?fbclid=IwAR07pNomp9LJgA8aPUypTUo0PJyZoUcLHsrE9eGWXbZnyhuZxaTM2Lg8R4Q

 

***This part sums up what I've been saying all along:

"People will believe what they want to believe. The vast majority of football-watching America will believe the Patriots were cheating because that’s the narrative they’ve been fed for a decade and a half.

Anything requiring people with their minds made up to think critically about an allegation is going to be dismissed out of hand. That’s why this is swallowed whole and pooped out as truth the same way Mike Tomlin’s intimations the Patriots were jamming their headsets in early 2015 was accepted as truth and — after it was debunked by the NFL — left a dent"

😂 attacked everyone else's source then posts an article from NBCSN Boston

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • sngehl01 locked this topic
  • sngehl01 unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...