NBC Sports EDGE Forums

New England Patriots 2019 Outlook

dschddny

5 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

ūüėā¬†attacked everyone else's source then posts an article from NBCSN Boston

Huh?

You're forgetting a big difference here. I'm posting an article about someone's OPINION. It would be comparable if I posted "Tom Curran has a source that says X". THAT would be comparable. This isn't, but ok man. At least you're trying to start Wednesday off by manufacturing a disagreement on the internet. Kudos!

I posted Curran because he described his opinion in the way that was along the lines of my opinion. You all posted things that people were claiming as facts, "reporting" so to speak with flimsy sources. Curran isn't reporting here, he's sharing his take BASED ON THAT "REPORTING". COMPLETELY different.

Edited by ThreadKiller

52 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

You don't either.

Right but I'm not going hard insisting they did like I do know, which is what all the Pats fans are doing here(in the other direction).

Deflategate is over and done with but with all the shady stuff they did at best people should leave it at 'maybe, maybe not' not this insistence that the science of thermal dynamics e.g. your basketball losing air in the garage in the winter proves they were innocent

Edited by owenmills

6 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Right but I'm not going hard insisting they did like I do know, which is what all the Pats fans are doing here(in the other direction).

Deflategate is over and done with but with all the shady stuff they did at best people should leave it at 'maybe, maybe not' not this insistence that the science of thermal dynamics e.g. your basketball losing air in the garage in the winter proves they were innocent

No. It proves that it would happen regardless. Again, science. The onus would be on you to prove it did happen. 

8 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

No. It proves that it would happen regardless. Again, science. The onus would be on you to prove it did happen. 

Again, kind of brings me back to my very first post(and this is my last post on it), where I quoted you mentioning Brady destroying his phone and I said the Pats remind me of my kids when they do shady stuff and demand I believe them that they're not up to no good. Where there's smoke there's usually fire, even when you can't prove it (because of destruction of evidence). They got hammered for Deflategate and everyone pretty much accepts they're cheaters, and now their fans get to spend endless amounts of energy hopelessly trying to defend them. So I think at the end of the day they lost

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

That's why they hired CONTRACTORS. They learned their lesson from the last time they used STAFF. 

Those guys are cottdam geniuses!¬†ūü§£

I do not think that is genius as it does not indemnify them at all. Maybe in the court of public opinion but that is about it. But here is where we are on the matter regardless of how much @ThreadKiller attempts to bog down the discussion:

The New England Patriots have admitted that:

1. The Patriots failed to inform the Bengals and the League
2. The film crew inappropriately filmed the field from the press box

My advice is instead of allowing a Pats fan to misdirect the discussion just stick to those 2 points. They admitted they broke a rule and the film crew broke a rule.

Now watch a recreation of Mission Impossible's exploding transmission and disavowing of any involvement.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nicksti said:

I do not think that is genius as it does not indemnify them at all. Maybe in the court of public opinion but that is about it. But here is where we are on the matter regardless of how much @ThreadKiller attempts to bog down the discussion:

My advice is instead of allowing a Pats fan to misdirect the discussion just stick to those 2 points. They admitted they broke a rule and the film crew broke a rule.

Now watch a recreation of Mission Impossible's exploding transmission and disavowing of any involvement.

Of course it's genius someone making alot of money asked how do we film like before but not take the blame. Answer hire some contractors because that was OBVIOUSLY why they got in trouble before right!ūü§£

I think that's the best way to view it. The NFL doesnt care WHY you violate the drug policy, only that you do violate it. the suspension is automatic, the why determines severity of suspension, the reinstatement and moving forward process but not the automatic suspension.

patriots violated NFL policy in a repetitive manner, the punishment should be automatic.

Edited by dashoe

20 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Again, kind of brings me back to my very first post(and this is my last post on it), where I quoted you mentioning Brady destroying his phone and I said the Pats remind me of my kids when they do shady stuff and demand I believe them that they're not up to no good. Where there's smoke there's usually fire, even when you can't prove it (because of destruction of evidence). They got hammered for Deflategate and everyone pretty much accepts they're cheaters, and now their fans get to spend endless amounts of energy hopelessly trying to defend them.

I'm 100 percent positive Pats haters put more effort into hating them.

2 minutes ago, nicksti said:

I'm not "misdirecting the discussion" at all. The discussion was how some people are jumping off the ledge claiming this and that based off the sources they were given. My stance is that those opinions are based off loose and inconsistent sources that are yet to be confirmed and how people tend to believe what they want to believe bc of their hate for NE. All of which is relevant to the discussion.

As for your two bullet points, yes those are two vague points that have been confirmed. However it DOES mean it's spygate 2.0 as some are claiming. By saying I am the one "misdirecting the discussion" it's contradicting to your advice to others to try sticking to those two points (which they are not and has been what I've been responding to).

15 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Sure, in this instance. But Deflategate already happened. Balls lose air pressure in cold weather. It is just science and factually correct. 

The Colts had amazing state of the art footballs that don't lose air pressure in cold weather, poor Patriots couldn't afford those balls and only their balls lost air pressure.  If only they used the same balls.....What could have been,

15 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Haha really, man? Come on...

Yeah really. It happened. Just destroy the evidence... phones, tapes etc. Whatever it takes to cheat and not get caught. This isn't just a one-off with the Patriots. They continue to get caught doing shady things to bend the rules and cheat. Not surprising when you have Kraft as your owner - doing shady things himself.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

The Colts had amazing state of the art footballs that don't lose air pressure in cold weather, poor Patriots couldn't afford those balls and only their balls lost air pressure.  If only they used the same balls.....What could have been,

Huh? What are you even talking about?

Anyhow, Colts pump sound into the stadium. They cheat too. Literally every sports team does.

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

Anyhow, Colts pump sound into the stadium. They cheat too. Literally every sports team does.

The Falcons were caught doing that. Are you sure the Colts also did that?

23 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

He's referring to the Wells report.  At the request of the NFL the group "Exponent" ran extensive testing and commented that the Patriots balls lost more pressure than the Colts balls at halftime: "We conclude that within the range of game characteristics most likely to have occurred on Game Day, we have identified no set of credible environmental or physical factors that completely accounts for the additional loss in air pressure exhibited by the Patriots game balls as compared to the loss in air pressure exhibited by the Colts game balls"

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/sports/football/deflategate-new-england-patriots-nfl-science.html

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

He's referring to the Wells report.  At the request of the NFL the group "Exponent" ran extensive testing and commented that the Patriots balls lost more pressure than the Colts balls at halftime: "We conclude that within the range of game characteristics most likely to have occurred on Game Day, we have identified no set of credible environmental or physical factors that completely accounts for the additional loss in air pressure exhibited by the Patriots game balls as compared to the loss in air pressure exhibited by the Colts game balls"

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/sports/football/deflategate-new-england-patriots-nfl-science.html

LOL

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

https://yourteamcheats.com/IND

Yeah. They cheat a lot as well.

i was waiting for a Patriots fan to post a link to that site¬†ūü§£.

It has to be the saddest sports site on the entire planet. Some salty Patriots fan made an entire damn website just to try and prove that the Patriots aren't that bad. Read the Patriots section. The bias is hilarious for a site that doesn't claim to be bias. 

Also, the site uses PEDs as a HUGE part of the score. Why? Makes no sense. PEDs are not a team cheating thing. They're individual players. Even the top one for the Colts is about tanking. Tanking isn't cheating. Then the poster starts to rant about deflategate in the Colts section.

Site is pure comedy and pathetic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It has to be the saddest sports site on the entire planet. Some salty Patriots fan made an entire damn website just to try and prove that the Patriots aren't that bad. Read the Patriots section. The bias is hilarious for a site that doesn't claim to be bias. 

Also, the site uses PEDs as a HUGE part of the score. Why? Makes no sense. PEDs are not a team cheating thing. They're individual players. Even the top one for the Colts is about tanking. Tanking isn't cheating. Then the poster starts to rant about deflategate in the Colts section.

EVERYONE CHEATS but the Pats are the only ones getting caught MULTIPLE times. The denial is hilariousūü§£

23 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

LOL

Well damn, 2 laugh emojis and "LOL".  Ya'll debunked it. 

At first I wanted to believe the 150 page report issued by the the same consulting firm hired to investigate what happened in the Twin Towers collapse, the Exxon Valdez oil spill, the space shuttle disaster, and the Oklahoma City bombing.  Yah know the report where professionals with PhDs in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, physics and statistics analyzed everything from the weather, the gauges, tester variance, the balls, handling, temperature variance with gas laws, down to the point of building a thermal chamber with the exact game conditions and turf where they even went through the film step by step mimicking everything done with the balls, and yet they still concluded: "we have identified no set of credible environmental or physical factors that completely accounts for the additional loss in air pressure exhibited by the Patriots game balls as compared to the loss in air pressure exhibited by the Colts game balls"

I was gonna buy all that science mumbo-jumbo but now...

Edited by Baur10
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

EVERYONE CHEATS but the Pats are the only ones getting caught MULTIPLE times. The denial is hilariousūü§£

18 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Much like this thread.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Well damn, 2 laugh emojis and "LOL".  Ya'll debunked it. 

At first I wanted to believe the 150 page report issued by the the same consulting firm hired to investigate what happened in the Twin Towers collapse, the Exxon Valdez oil spill, the space shuttle disaster, and the Oklahoma City bombing.  Yah know the report where professionals with PhDs in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, physics and statistics analyzed everything from the weather, the gauges, tester variance, the balls, handling, temperature variance with gas laws, down to the point of building a thermal chamber with the exact game conditions and turf where they even went through the film step by step mimicking everything done with the balls, and yet they still concluded: "we have identified no set of credible environmental or physical factors that completely accounts for the additional loss in air pressure exhibited by the Patriots game balls as compared to the loss in air pressure exhibited by the Colts game balls"

I was gonna buy all that science mumbo-jumbo but now...

Ya. The Wells Report was a great use of time and money by the NFL.

2 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Ya. The Wells Report was a great use of time and money by the NFL.

So just to clarify we've moved on from "they didn't cheat and Deflategate was a hoax" to "well other teams cheat too and the Deflategate investigation cost too much"?

"LOL"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

So just to clarify we've moved on from "they didn't cheat and Deflategate was a hoax" to "well other teams cheat too and the Deflategate investigation cost too much"?

"LOL"

No one said anything close to that. You just oddly made it up for your own little narrative. Just stop. 

• sngehl01 locked this topic
  • sngehl01 unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic