NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Paddack 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, BMcP said:

“Done goofed”?  That sounds like a stretch.  Many reasons to drop him in many situations. That said, I hope he comes back and pitches well.

Why is that a “stretch”? He wasn’t being sent down indefinitely. Just a minor tweaking and he’d be back in the bigs sooner, rather than later.

Edited by The_Real_Deal
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In 1989, at age 42, Nolan Ryan averaged 127 pitches a game with a high of 164, which came five days after he threw 150.

2 minutes ago, The_Real_Deal said:

Why is that a “stretch”? He wasn’t being sent down indefinitely. Just a minor tweaking and he’d be back in the bigs sooner, rather than later.

He had been struggling prior to his demotion.  And doesn’t have many ML innings left  this year.  And the Padres have a ton of alternatives for the rotation.

Edited by BMcP
21 minutes ago, BMcP said:

He had been struggling prior to his demotion.  And doesn’t have many ML innings left  this year.  And the Padres have a ton of alternatives for the rotation.

It was never about his performance for the reason for his demotion. It was more so for the fact that he needed to curb his workload. Yes he had a few couple previous rough starts but that was never the reason for being sent down. It had to be obvious that he wouldn’t be in the Single A for more than a few weeks. But anyways, I’m glad I got him where he was dropped 😁

Edited by The_Real_Deal
1 minute ago, The_Real_Deal said:

It was never about his performance for the reason for his demotion. It was more so for the fact that he needed to curb his workload. Yes he had a few couple previous rough starts but that was never the reason for being sent down. It had to be obvious that he wouldn’t be in the Single A for more than a few weeks. But anyways, I’m glad I got him where he was dropped 😁

The team literally told the media he needs to play every day.  It has nothing to do with curbing workload.

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, BMcP said:

The team literally told the media he needs to play every day.  It has nothing to do with curbing workload.

Lol really? Where and when did they say that? You literally contradicted yourself saying he doesn’t have many ML innings left but said the team told the media he needs to play everyday, which a starting pitcher doesn’t do lol

Edited by The_Real_Deal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, The_Real_Deal said:

Lol really? Where and when did they say that? You literally contradicted yourself saying he doesn’t have many ML innings left but said the team told the media he needs to play everyday lol

You’re right.  I confused this with the Frazier thread.  My mistake, carry on.

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

In my ESPN league, shows him pitching Tuesday, but that could change with SD.

CBS isn't showing anything. But I haven't seen where SD has named a starter for Monday or Tuesday. 

Edited by RBI Sports
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...