NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kike Hernandez or Adam Frazier?

bazeball

I’m worried about my MI since it went pretty quickly this draft. It’s a deep 12 player OBP 5x5 H2H league. I have Schoop, Correa, Tim Anderson, and Lourdes Gurriel. I have to start three of those on a weekly basis.

Two MI/OF players I’m looking at are Adam Frazier and Kike Hernandez. Are these guys worth picking up? Which one or both? If I pick up one, I don’t have to drop anyone. If I pick up both, I’d have to drop Kiermaier or Givens.

I would probably lean towards Frazier.  He offers less power but is likely to hit for a better avg and has a chance to get 10ish stls(but not many more).  Frazier probably offers more Runs and RBIs as he has an everyday role with the pirates while Kiki is a utility man in a crowded lineup.  

Thanks for mine.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Snilbog said:

I would probably lean towards Frazier.  He offers less power but is likely to hit for a better avg and has a chance to get 10ish stls(but not many more).  Frazier probably offers more Runs and RBIs as he has an everyday role with the pirates while Kiki is a utility man in a crowded lineup.  

Thanks for mine.

According to the latest Rotoworld, Kiki is the starting 2B.  I'm still not convinced he won't be better than a platoon player, however.  I'd say Frazier has more upside due to the SB and potential for a .290 average, but it's close between the two of them.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ben Edelman said:

According to the latest Rotoworld, Kiki is the starting 2B.  I'm still not convinced he won't be better than a platoon player, however.  I'd say Frazier has more upside due to the SB and potential for a .290 average, but it's close between the two of them.

Actually just saw that after I posted.  Still like Frazier as well.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...