NBC Sports Edge Forums

Fernando Tatis, Jr. 2019 Outlook

26 minutes ago, exaulz said:

We're at 15 days since the injury, and expected to miss at least another week. This went from minor injury to 3+ weeks. 

I think its moreso that they want to be extra precautionary to all measures with their young phenom. Don’t want to rush him and he has another DL stint in a matter of weeks. He’ll return back with more explosiveness to his game already.

Edited by The_Real_Deal
  • Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swiped a bag in the first inning of his rehab game today. Wheels must be feeling good.  

This is why alcohol was invented.  You can find me behind the dumpster later tonight.  I’m out.  This hurts too much.

As a fantasy owner.....  

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, exaulz said:

We're at 15 days since the injury, and expected to miss at least another week. This went from minor injury to 3+ weeks. 

It's not great, but they were being intentionally vague from the start. Green used the word "weeks" to describe the timeline. Considering that I would be on crutches if I repeated his injury, his recovery is going well.

Edited by itaos

End of May according to cbs. So tack on another 2 weeks to the “1 week away” blurb from a week ago.  Pretty much every report about this injury has been dead wrong and way off so who the hell knows? 

more of a vent, but damn this has to be a record for the most false hopes in one players roto world blurb.  Best case scenario,only a day or 2.......a few days.....a week tops...a week more...next week....next week for sure....extra cautious, a few more days....no he’s out until June!?  I keep clicking on the blurb hoping to see a “back any day” type thing. It’s always worse and worse.  Any chance this could turn into a David Dahl 2017 type thing (2 weeks turned into a season, different injuries I know)? Or WILL he be back?  I know, I know I’d rather have him come back 100%,but man I’m starting to wonder, And kind of  starting to worry.

• Like 1

Anyone anywhere know anything about this guys return?  It was supposed to be around now. (4th time or so moved.)  There is frustratingly little information about him.  Ive scoured twitter.  All I've found is that "he's still favoring the leg."  Usually when a player is close theres at least a bit of buzz.  Which leads me to believe that he isn't coming back soon.  I mean, he went out around the same time as Judges "devastating, significant" injury and he might be out for longer even though his injury was "nothing to worry about." 

14 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Anyone anywhere know anything about this guys return?  It was supposed to be around now. (4th time or so moved.)  There is frustratingly little information about him.  Ive scoured twitter.  All I've found is that "he's still favoring the leg."  Usually when a player is close theres at least a bit of buzz.  Which leads me to believe that he isn't coming back soon.  I mean, he went out around the same time as Judges "devastating, significant" injury and he might be out for longer even though his injury was "nothing to worry about." 

We're supposed to get another update after today 5/30 and all signs have pointed to positivity...

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, dfstout said:

We're supposed to get another update after today 5/30 and all signs have pointed to positivity...

Thanks.  Fwiw, I heard straightline speed is fine but rounding the bases is like 90%.  If that's true, another week would be pretty much a certainty.

3 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Thanks.  Fwiw, I heard straightline speed is fine but rounding the bases is like 90%.  If that's true, another week would be pretty much a certainty.

Same... kid gloves for the 20 year old but the return will be worth it in the end...when he's robbin bases left n right...

47 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

They had the beginning of the next home stand pegged as his return date, that's tomorrow, but with so little info I would guess that aint happening as well.

From FriarWire:

“Tatis had a day off yesterday after six at-bats Saturday,” said Green. “He’s running the bases right around full go now. He’s getting closer and closer. He’ll play some games this following week. If he comes out of the games well, we’ll determine if he needs a rehab assignment for a little bit. He’s been out a month now. A rehab assignment is playing the game, being on your feet for nine innings day after day. There is some value in that. There’s some timing to that and as we said when we started the season, Fernando has always had some trouble finding his timing to start a season.”- Andy Green

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Was curious about an update with the home stand upon us. I can definitely wait another week if it means he doesn't tear himself up running bases or making plays at SS. His timing seemed pretty good with the start he had, wonder how he'll hit once back. Definitely hoping he's back sooner than later.

1 minute ago, tonywow said:

Anyone get mention if he's in the starting lineup tonight ?

I couldn't find any info yet.

it hasn't been released yet. it will likely be released in the next half hour. I suspect he's batting second

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, mtblock said:

Hell yes. Top of the lineup with Tatis/Reyes/Machado/Hosmer/Renfroe is legit. 

Just got to fix that kinsler problem...

Kinsler in May

.254/303/521/824  wRC+ 117

Garcia in May

.286/375/413/788  wRC+ 115

that is a damn fine platoon

Edited by Golden Spikes
10 hours ago, 20Duval904 said:

Not to be overly dramatic, but Fernando Tatis Jr might be the best baseball player of all time.

Eh, sounds about right.