NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Closer for OF?

spud

I missed my draft and am more than solid at closer with 6 that will at least share the job, but I am very weak at OF. I sent a message out to the league offering saves for hitting. My only offer is I give Felipe Vazquez and get Michael Brantley. Thoughts? Accept or not?

Are you in a roto or head to head scoring league? Closers tend to be more valuable in roto leagues. Who are your current closers? On the surface I think you can do better, plus OF's are much easier to find on the waivers. It really depends on your team, scoring, how many in the league, etc. 

Yeah, it will depend a bit on the setup of the league. Depending on the value of closers in the league, you may want to hold out for a better offer. If it is a points league where it accumulates all season, you could hold all 6 to get a nice headstart in saves and then sell off later.

Help with mine please: 

League is 12 team, Roto, non keeper with standard 5x5 scoring.  My closers are: Osuna, Vazquez, David Robertson, Iglesias, Alvarado and Andrew Miller. OF: David Peralta, Mancini, Grichuk, Pillar, Franmil Reyes, Wil Myers. Best FA OF are likely: L. Martin, Gardner, Calhoun, Bruce, O’Neal, Zobrist, Margot.