NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A full slate of (mostly) day games followed by a half-slate with zero day games should be banned forever.

No day games, how are we supposed to make it to 7pm(est). Go strips

Nice job job flaherity f--- face

Just now, taobball said:

You're confusing my takes of Pivetta and Flaherty. 

Flaherty doesn't throw a change-up, often has poor control/command, and absolutely sucked the third time thru last year. He's still learning to be a pitcher. I dont' hate him. but I absolutely hated his draft price and the fact that everyone believed he was a complete product. I don't believe he's a complete pitcher yet. I htink he's a thrower with some good stuff and steps to take. 

There is a decent amount of pitchers who do great with FB/SL/CB. It really doesn't matter for guys who have 3 pitches that move 3 different ways. Provided they are all good/passable.  Its just a matter of command/control and it would be same issue regardless if that 3rd pitch was a change or not. 

If a guy is FB/SL/Cutter. Then yeah, since Cutter is redundant with FB/SL.

2 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

There is a decent amount of pitchers who do great with FB/SL/CB. It really doesn't matter for guys who have 3 pitches that move 3 different ways. Provided they are all good/passable.  Its just a matter of command/control and it would be same issue regardless if that 3rd pitch was a change or not. 

If a guy is FB/SL/Cutter. Then yeah, since Cutter is redundant with FB/SL.

Okay but his control/command isn't great (3.52 BB/9 last year) and he got destroyed third time thru last year, which can be indicative of hitters catching up to his stuff because of a lack of diversity. Did you have him as roughly SP20 this year? Because I don't think it's crazy to say I moved him from SP20 to SP29. 

Just now, taobball said:

Okay but his control/command isn't great (3.52 BB/9 last year) and he got destroyed third time thru last year, which can be indicative of hitters catching up to his stuff because of a lack of diversity. Did you have him as roughly SP20 this year? Because I don't think it's crazy to say I moved him from SP20 to SP29. 

he had better control in minors.  and ya, i have him back end top 20.  and ya, thats not crazy at all

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

he had better control in minors.  and ya, i have him back end top 20.  and ya, thats not crazy at all

Did you watch him pitch today? I wasn't impressed by his control. 

1 minute ago, taobball said:

Did you watch him pitch today? I wasn't impressed by his control. 

no i did not.  i saw his 1 walk stat line but that doesnt always tell the story.  still, its march and hes pitching in MIL where its 36 degrees with rain and snow mix...

1 minute ago, Dugout Legend said:

Damn,

Harvey had bases juiced with 0 outs.

He got a K and a DP ball..out of it

he was reading this thread and saw us poking fun at his "Dark Knight" nickname