NBC Sports Edge Forums

Frankie Montas 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

I'm a believer.  He didn't look as though he lost anything from his May/June form so a mid 3's ERA, better than league average WHIP and ~9K/IP seems attainable.  The OAK defense will continue helping to prop up their young staff as they have in 2019, and we all know the Coliseum is a major boon for pitchers. 

Regardless of what the A's accomplish in this year's PO, I will be looking forward to a full season (hopefully) next year with Manaea, Montas, Fiers, Luzardo and whoever ends up as the #5 (many candidates).  All of their young core is returning.  With a reinforced BP and assuming good health they will have a shot at challenging HOU for the AL West crown imo. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"This might blow your mind, but Montas earned himself the Gallows Pole today with 17 whiffs. WHAT. nine on his slider and splitter combined and another eight on heaters. But there’s a catch. Remember

I liked what a saw. His line looks worse than he was. A couple of broken bat singles, infield singles, and weak singles did not help. I think he is likely a must start at home and a good start against

PED King !

1 hour ago, 80version said:

I'm a believer.  He didn't look as though he lost anything from his May/June form so a mid 3's ERA, better than league average WHIP and ~9K/IP seems attainable.  The OAK defense will continue helping to prop up their young staff as they have in 2019, and we all know the Coliseum is a major boon for pitchers. 

Regardless of what the A's accomplish in this year's PO, I will be looking forward to a full season (hopefully) next year with Manaea, Montas, Fiers, Luzardo and whoever ends up as the #5 (many candidates).  All of their young core is returning.  With a reinforced BP and assuming good health they will have a shot at challenging HOU for the AL West crown imo. 

As well as a krush davis bounce back