NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Sanchez 2019 Outlook

One game vs a bad team, but it's still encouraging. If this is a genuine improvement from just a easy tweak to his pitch sequencing/usage philosophy then this could be huge. Agree with meh definitely an add where you can. 

FWIW if it was a pitch usage issue, great tout by @taobball who discussed his curve in the first post, the pitch he threw for a season high today.  

• Like 2
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I said earlier, Stros emphasize FA usage, and he threw it at a vastly increased rate tonight (moving away from sinker)--esp going high in the zone: FA (4 seamer)- sat 93 MPH and touched 95, gr

What's the opposite of a Red Flag? Like a positive version. Something you watch for that keys in to the potential FOR future value.    Aaron Sanchez's Curveball is something I watch entirely

As I said earlier, Stros emphasize FA usage, and he threw it at a vastly increased rate tonight (moving away from sinker)--esp going high in the zone:

FA (4 seamer)- sat 93 MPH and touched 95, great vertical action, threw 33--20 for strikes with 10 swings and 2 whiffs

FA (2 seamer)- right around 93 as well with similar shape, tossed 17--10 strikes with 7 cuts and 2 whiffs

CU- expanded usage here too (ala HOU) and it still is the hammer with great horizontal movement and killer spin/shape, spun 27--16 strikes with 10 hacks and 5 whiffs...it sat 78 MPH tonight

CH- this displayed quality too, perfect compliment on the velo spectrum at around 86 MPH with solid arm side fade to it, threw 18--11 strikes with 9 swings and 3 whiffs on it

Strike zone plot was very nice, working the periphery and staying out of the center, lots of elevation and painting the edges.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

He's just a few years removed from a era title and being an all-star. He came Highly touted from Toronto's minors. I think it was just a change of scenery, coaching and a stud lineup and with Cole,Verlander and Greinke leading the arms....imo he has become a diamond in the rough that they got for the cheap and will pay dividends as their 4/5 starter..

12 minutes ago, NapPYdugout said:

He's just a few years removed from a era title and being an all-star. He came Highly touted from Toronto's minors. I think it was just a change of scenery, coaching and a stud lineup and with Cole,Verlander and Greinke leading the arms....imo he has become a diamond in the rough that they got for the cheap and will pay dividends as their 4/5 starter..

It's just ONE start and he has blister issue, if he keeps throwing that curveball at 30 % it will return ... He is not a diamond in the rough everybody around the league knows he has nasty stuff

Its just that Ross Atkins was all over Derek Fisher god knows why for so long that he just decided to say f--- it take what you want

• 3 weeks later...