NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Clint Frazier 2019 Outlook

Wytchclt55

4 hours ago, mlb2019 said:

this is going to be funny if he starts playing again with the yankees now that Hicks is injured.

Well now they may need to kiss his arse. 

I'd play them all the way and then say no - trade me and find your "cog" in return.

2 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Well now they may need to kiss his arse. 

I'd play them all the way and then say no - trade me and find your "cog" in return.

He can't really say no, they own him. He would be violating his contract. no?

1 hour ago, DJSatane said:

He can't really say no, they own him. He would be violating his contract. no?

I would hope he has the sense, or the guidance, for that not to happen. He has zero leverage and pulling a stunt like that would make him a toxic asset. He's a rook, with all the crappy organizational toing-and-froing that entails. He's not the first and he won't be the last.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mikewastaken said:

I would hope he has the sense, or the guidance, for that not to happen. He has zero leverage and pulling a stunt like that would make him a toxic asset. He's a rook, with all the crappy organizational toing-and-froing that entails. He's not the first and he won't be the last.

Yep.  And he would get labeled a malcontent and disgruntled and everything else within baseball so if he wants out of NY no one else would take him.  He'd be stuck with the Yankees forever.

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, miamifin33 said:

Looking at their roster, he probably doesn't break through until next season. I don't think he plays over any of Peralta, Marte or Jones. So in that regard, it's not a good destination for him until next season. 

Maybe, but they have absolutely no reason to continue to play Jones at this point if they got a piece they consider part of their future that already has major league service.  It is not like Jones has hit much at all in the past 2 months.  He had a decent April and May but has had a around a 600-650 OPS since with 2 HRs and 11 Rbis in nearly two months.  Maybe they wait for Sept when rosters expand, but I cannot see them giving Jones regular ABs if they got someone via trade.

Edited by secretagentman
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...