NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

54 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I urge you to find another option.  I’m starting him out of necessity.  Lamar will have a mediocre game today.  Book it I promise he will have his top 3 worst game of the season today.  I am expecting somewhere in between 13-20 points today.  The defense will take care of the Jets and RG3 will be in by the 4th quarter.  See you all next year if you start him.  

Oh yeah because the "other option" isn't likely to put up 13-20 points...

Lamar is the #1 QB in fantasy. Playing at home. This is a clear start. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m worried that his quad may tighten up tomorrow and won’t be right next week.   exploring other options

Benched again...wish I had a QB who could play the entire game! Might try to find one of those interchangeable ones on the waiver wire for next week. 

1 hour ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I urge you to find another option.  I’m starting him out of necessity.  Lamar will have a mediocre game today.  Book it I promise he will have his top 3 worst game of the season today.  I am expecting somewhere in between 13-20 points today.  The defense will take care of the Jets and RG3 will be in by the 4th quarter.  See you all next year if you start him.  

reverse jinx 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
On 12/11/2019 at 12:12 PM, Dexter75 said:

What Im saying is that you can literally find a top 5-10 QB nearly every week to stream sitting on waivers. Tannehill, Trubisky, Goff, Darnold....these have all been top 5 QBs within the past few weeks and have all outscored Lamar the past two weeks. Can you find top 5 RBs or even WRs sitting on waivers right now ? Hardly. You only need 1 QB in standard leagues and there are 32 starting QBs, but you need to start 2-3 RBs and WRs. Its just simple math that you need the RBs and WRs way more than QBs. QBs are not important in FF, its been proven time and again and that's why everyone waits till the 7th round or later to take one. So going back to my original point, Lamar is not the fantasy MVP, its CMC. 

Take this fat L. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Hero202 said:

Benched again...wish I had a QB who could play the entire game! Might try to find one of those interchangeable ones on the waiver wire for next week. 

Dude, just grab a QB off the waiver to get similar production; it's so easy. Just pick up anyone 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
Just now, Proteus said:

I’m worried that his quad may tighten up tomorrow and won’t be right next week.

exploring other options

He is fully interchangeable- don’t worry, man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
1 minute ago, Proteus said:

I’m worried that his quad may tighten up tomorrow and won’t be right next week.

exploring other options

He's such a "high" injury risk, if you were good at fantasy you would already have a backup QB on your bench  to interchange him with 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, dlionsfan901 said:

If we are fortunate enough to advance which we may not because our opponents will probably our score us Sunday, would you guys like me to continue to reverse jinx for Lamar?? Wow what a game 5 TDs!!! 

😂 yes!! 😂 

Just now, dlionsfan901 said:

If we are fortunate enough to advance which we may not because our opponents will probably our score us Sunday, would you guys like me to continue to reverse jinx for Lamar?? Wow what a game 5 TDs!!! 

5 PASSING TD's because he is inaccurate and only can make the easy throws because he runs the ball. Imagine if he was a PURE PASSER he may have had 20 TD's making DIFFICULT throws 😂

Lamar just won a lot of people’s semifinal matchup. 47 points in 6 pt per passing TD leagues. Some QBs can’t even crack 20 points. If you have him as a keeper for next year, congrats, you’re set. Although that’s what Mahomes owners thought this year....

• Like 1
On 12/11/2019 at 3:12 PM, Dexter75 said:

What Im saying is that you can literally find a top 5-10 QB nearly every week to stream sitting on waivers. Tannehill, Trubisky, Goff, Darnold....these have all been top 5 QBs within the past few weeks and have all outscored Lamar the past two weeks. Can you find top 5 RBs or even WRs sitting on waivers right now ? Hardly. You only need 1 QB in standard leagues and there are 32 starting QBs, but you need to start 2-3 RBs and WRs. Its just simple math that you need the RBs and WRs way more than QBs. QBs are not important in FF, its been proven time and again and that's why everyone waits till the 7th round or later to take one. So going back to my original point, Lamar is not the fantasy MVP, its CMC. 

Hey Dex--which 45 point QB are you picking up off the waiver to start this week?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

It's only Thursday.  I'm sure there is someone on the waiver wire who can replicate what Lamar did since they are interchangeable.

Dwayne Haskins has 100% availability and he can RUN correct?😂

• Like 1
On 12/10/2019 at 10:54 PM, CLE89 said:

If youre saying a waiver/backup QB can slot in for Lamar youre insane. Been playing fantasy for over a decade and I always follow the rule of "play your studs". If Lamar has an off game and I lose I can live with that, he's the one that got me here. If I sat him and he blows up for 25-30 points on my bench id be sick. If he's healthy enough to play im starting him with zero hesitation.

**Blows up for 37 points** CAHHHH CAHHHHH

• Like 1
  • Haha 2