NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Washington 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, tim14125 said:

Would Patrick Peterson be covering him this week? Or would it even matter, since they made Goff look like a hall of famer last week, in just the first half.

Peterson clearly hasn't mattered the last 13 weeks

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This picture tells you all you need to know. Start with confidence ROS  

He balled the f out again tonight but it’s not his numbers that have me excited... It’s the way he’s smoking DBs deep (only to have to come back to Dobbs’s crappy passes). It’s the way he’s getting op

I posted the following breakdown in the Donte Moncrief thread, but the perspective it offers may be useful in this thread as well: http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/746315-donte-moncrief-2019-out

Posted Images

I know volume is an issue but here’s a guy with 24 targets and 3tds over the past 4 games, a budding chemistry with Hodges, playing against an ari secondary who just allowed 350 or so yards to Goff in the first half last week. It’s beyond me who all the “rankings” have him so low this week. 

16 minutes ago, tatddy said:

I know volume is an issue but here’s a guy with 24 targets and 3tds over the past 4 games, a budding chemistry with Hodges, playing against an ari secondary who just allowed 350 or so yards to Goff in the first half last week. It’s beyond me who all the “rankings” have him so low this week. 

I agree.  The news section of this site projected him as a wr4 for this week.  It seems like at the least he should be a high end wr3 against Arizona.

18 minutes ago, tatddy said:

I still look at rankings but I have come to learn that rankings are almost always mostly based on name. Washington doesn't have a big enough name to ranked higher than he is. 

Having said that  ... I like his match up and situation this week for him to have another good week. 

Washington's low ranking could also be because he has a guy named "Duck" Hodges throwing to him.  I don't think a lot of experts can get past Hodges' nickname and don't want to take him seriously.  lol.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Washington's low ranking could also be because he has a guy named "Duck" Hodges throwing to him.  I don't think a lot of experts can get past Hodges' nickname and don't want to take him seriously.  lol.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

giphy.gif

Hodges actually looks pretty poised for a UDFA (undrafted free agent).  Him and Washington are hunting buddies off the field and have developed a connection on it, as well.

Rotoworld blurb on Juju:

"James Washington is clearly this offense's No. 1 WR for as long as Smith-Schuster remains sidelined. Still, this is a tough matchup that will be made even more difficult due to volume concerns."

Huh?  Arizona is #29 in pass defense DVOA and #27 in fantasy defense vs WRs.

12 minutes ago, dynst1988 said:

Do we know if PP21 will shadow him entire game? I recall that PP this year doesn't shadow exclusively anymore. If he doesn't then J Washington is a slam dunk choice for this week. 

Peterson sucks. You should be hoping he shadows him.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...