NBC Sports Edge Forums

Daily prospect performance updates

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With minor league Opening Day here, this thread is for providing updates on a daily basis of how prospects performed around the minors. If there are prospects that you are following, feel free to post

First off thanks for the recommendation, SpartyOn4! And this forum is awesome to keep track of minors players. Minor League Ball had a different feel for sure, but this place can be great in its own r

George Kirby, RHP, high Single-A Everett (SEA) 5 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 K, 76 pitches, 49 strikes, 2 groundouts, 2 flyouts Julio Rodriguez, RF, high Single-A Everett (SEA) 1-for-4, HR (3

i think its been mentioned before, but since the death of minorleagueball.com, has anyone else taken the reigns on daily prospect recaps?

I checked milb.com and couldn't find a good summary.  but perhaps i'm not looking in the right place.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

i think its been mentioned before, but since the death of minorleagueball.com, has anyone else taken the reigns on daily prospect recaps?

I checked milb.com and couldn't find a good summary.  but perhaps i'm not looking in the right place.

Not that I have been able to locate--as far as actual chatter/dialogue on how these guys are achieving the numbers etc.

Lots of solid resources on Twitter to see the daily lines but damn do I miss being able to talk shop on guys daily.

Hopefully we can sort of have a macro level day-to-day here?!

• Like 2

5-4-21: Some other lines not mentioned.

-Michael Toglia - Col (1b-A+) - 1-4 hr, 2k

-Spencer Torkelson - Det (3b-A+) - 0-3, bb, 3ks. For a guy with a supposedly 60-grade hit tool. Hit tool grade sure looks high at the moment. Coming off 16-ks in 27 PA in spring training. Hit tool looks way rawer than I would have expected.

-Luis Medina - NYY (SP-A+) - 4IP, 1h, 2bb, 8k, 4-0 (GB-FB), 2 WP, 1 HBP. Love the batted ball and ks. Just looking at the line, 2 WP and 1 HBP, obvious he just loses control every now and then. Hopefully gets bumped up to AA soon. Maybe they give him all of May in A+ if he continues to dominate and forces there hand.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Light Tower Power said:

5-4-21: Some other lines not mentioned.

-Michael Toglia - Col (1b-A+) - 1-4 hr, 2k

-Spencer Torkelson - Det (3b-A+) - 0-3, bb, 3ks. For a guy with a supposedly 60-grade hit tool. Hit tool grade sure looks high at the moment. Coming off 16-ks in 27 PA in spring training. Hit tool looks way rawer than I would have expected.

-Luis Medina - NYY (SP-A+) - 4IP, 1h, 2bb, 8k, 4-0 (GB-FB), 2 WP, 1 HBP. Love the batted ball and ks. Just looking at the line, 2 WP and 1 HBP, obvious he just loses control every now and then. Hopefully gets bumped up to AA soon. Maybe they give him all of May in A+ if he continues to dominate and forces there hand.

• Like 1

Wednesday lines

Austin Hendrick, RF, low Single-A Daytona (CIN)

0-for-3, 3 K, 3 BB

Rece Hinds, 3B, low Single-A Daytona (CIN)

2-for-5, HR, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 R, K, CS

Trevor Larnach, RF, Triple-A St. Paul (MIN)

2-for-5, HR , 3 RBI, 2 R, 3 K

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Italian_guy said:

Baseball America does a decent job of daily lines. 

Last year (2019) were not free, now It appears they do. 

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/baseball-america-prospect-report-may-5-2021/?utm_source=BAPR&utm_medium=email

Weird that they wrote up so many names and s many had dedent amount of details. Wonder if this is because first day or here to stay, but I feel like previous years there were maybe 2-6 names written up about briefly a day 

1 minute ago, brockpapersizer said:

Weird that they wrote up so many names and s many had dedent amount of details. Wonder if this is because first day or here to stay, but I feel like previous years there were maybe 2-6 names written up about briefly a day 

It used to be 6 or so.. Definitely more than 2, but I was surprised too with that details 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CurvePirate814 said:

Liover Peguero with a HR 2 days in a row.

He might be one of the most overlooked prospects in the minors. I saw him hit a frozen rope to the left-center fence in a Grapefruit League game earlier this spring in the first inning. It's crazy to think the Diamondbacks had both him and Geraldo Perdomo. 

Prospect Jesus from Prospectlive said he's going to attempt to do a daily one. The 1st one he put out today was superb. Said it might be tough once the cape league starts.

• Like 1

I miss the daily minorleagueball thread but am confident the group here can recreate the magic pulling from all the various outlets of information.  Great start and thanks to all who contributed!  

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

Garrett Mitchell 2-2 1BB with 2sbs, looks like he got pulled very early though.  Injury?

Just following up on mine above, read the recap of the game.  For those wondering, Mitchell felt 'tightness' and was lifted in the 5th inning.  Didn't say where. The move was called 'precautionary', but wouldn't be surprised to see him sit a couple games (possibly an IR stint if there's a strain).

Edited by BigPapi44