Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Daily prospect performance updates


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ThreadKiller said:

 

Right. That's a logical conclusion to come to after a total of (2) appearances in his pro career.

He's building back up from TJ ignore the noise. Only let him throw 60 pitches.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With minor league Opening Day here, this thread is for providing updates on a daily basis of how prospects performed around the minors. If there are prospects that you are following, feel free to post

First off thanks for the recommendation, SpartyOn4! And this forum is awesome to keep track of minors players. Minor League Ball had a different feel for sure, but this place can be great in its own r

George Kirby, RHP, high Single-A Everett (SEA) 5 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 K, 76 pitches, 49 strikes, 2 groundouts, 2 flyouts Julio Rodriguez, RF, high Single-A Everett (SEA) 1-for-4, HR (3

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ThreadKiller said:

I was being sarcastic.

I was just saying not worth arguing with them about, that's all. Especially if they know nothing about the circumstances. 

Edit: obviously must be because he throws 100 and that's it

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, crotchcrickets said:

I'm starting to take the position that velocity means absolutely nothing to me.

 

clase hits 100 but he has no clue where the strike zone is.  Much like alot of these pitchers coming up this day in age.  

 

 

robble robble robble

You can be right per say. It can mean nothing but it also can be a sign to get out if it drops.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have apparently become the Owen Miller update guy, but after a very 0-fer last night he went 2-3 tonight (2 R/2 RBI) with a HR and BB playing SS.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fbplayer03 said:

Who is your favorite prospect right that's not currently in the Majors that you think will either be a star or blow up soon? Minus Wander, Witt and JRod. 

There’s so many not named those 3. The two most prominent for me are Abrams and Noelvi Marte 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nolan Jones callup looking less and less imminent by the day.

**Traded him off for Graveman to an owner who hasn't been checking MILB performances.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fbplayer03 said:

I'll all in on the Marte Party!!!

S better response might have been to go get Marte, Luciano and Hassell before they become untouchable in dynasty! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think I’ve seen any love for him in this thread, but Edward Olivares is having a hell of a season down in Triple A for the Royals.

He’s now up to a 1.183 OPS with 5 homers and 6 steals. It shouldn’t be too difficult for KC to find a role for him if they want to give him another shot. He should be on your radar if you play in a 5 outfielder league, imo.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

kinda straying away from the normal flow of conversation here, but I think this is relevant enough to the subject (if its in the wrong section please let me know I wasn't sure where I'd be able to post something like this)

A friend of mine made a spreadsheet to calculate the production of players in both MLB and MiLB using relevant stats for pitchers/batters to calculate how productive one is at the plate or on the mound. It incorporates just production and no advanced   analytics involved. It operates off the basis of the best players in baseball will have a game production score of 1 each game summing up 162 in a 162 game season. Guys who are exceptional are near 162. The minor leagues are all sorted based on the same production metric applied to them so you can just see who is hitting well and who is pitching well. 

The sheet updates daily to show who is doing what, so I figured this may be of use to this forum. 

Production Spreadsheet (download to sort and filter)

Hope this helps and doesn't go against any rules!!

Edited by Quaresma
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2021 at 5:21 PM, meh2 said:

I don’t think I’ve seen any love for him in this thread, but Edward Olivares is having a hell of a season down in Triple A for the Royals.

He’s now up to a 1.183 OPS with 5 homers and 6 steals. It shouldn’t be too difficult for KC to find a role for him if they want to give him another shot. He should be on your radar if you play in a 5 outfielder league, imo.

Definitely have my eye on Olivares, my concern though is that this is just a hot start, similar to Cornelius Randolph. I'll check back in 2 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Nick Pratto appears to have made some strides in his approach. He had high praise for his ALT site 2020 performance. The first baseman steals bases too. He dropped 4 HRs in 29 ST ABs too but K'd 14 times...

Just ran across from today:

Quote

 

Nick Pratto, 1B - Kansas City Royals

Why will he be relevant in fantasy:

 

Emerging power combines with his already present plate discipline to create an OPS monster that can also steal a bag or two.

Current situation:

Pratto was the Royals 1st round selection in the 2017 draft as a prep hitter out of California. He's struggled to make contact and hitting for power previously in his minor league career, but he's also always been challenged as a young hitter at each level. This year, he's a still young 22-years-old at Double-A and he looks like he might really turn the corner. He's managed to improve both his contact rate and his hard contact rate so far in 2021, which is no easy task. Look for Pratto to earn a spring-training invite and look at the big club in the spring of 2022.

 

https://www.rotoballer.com/the-outsiders-deeper-hitting-prospects-to-know-for-dynasty-leagues/883338

Kid is clutch too:
 

 

Edited by tucker26
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nate Pearson, RHP, Triple-A Buffalo (TOR)

3 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 7 K, 1 HR, 71 pitches, 40 strikes, 1 groundout, 1 flyout, L (0-1)

Jordan Groshans, DH, Double-A New Hampshire (TOR)

2-for-5, HR (1), 2 RBI, 2 R, 2 K 

Gabriel Moreno, C, Double-A New Hampshire (TOR)

3-for-6, 3B (1), RBI, R, K 

Oneil Cruz, SS, Double-A Altoona (PIT)

2-for-5, HR (3), 3 RBI, R, 2 K

Miguel Amaya, C, Double-A Tennessee (CHC)

1-for-3, HR (1), 3 RBI, 2 RB, 3 BB, 2 K

Shea Langeliers, C, Double-A Mississippi (ATL)

1-for-3, HR (4), 4 RBI, 2 R, 1 BB

Alek Thomas, CF, Double-A Amarillo (ARI)

2-for-5, 2 RBI, 2 R, K

Michael Busch, 2B, Double-A Tulsa (LAD)

3-for-7, HR (6), 2B (6), 2 RBI, R, K 

Michael Harris, CF, high Single-A Rome (ATL)

2-for-4, RBI, R, K 

Grayson Rodriguez, RHP, high Single-A Aberdeen (BAL)

5 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 9 K, 69 pitches, 47 strikes, 2 groundouts, 1 flyout, W (3-0)

Miguel Hiraldo, 3B, low Single-A Dunedin (TOR)

1-for-3, HR (2), 2 RBI, R, 2 BB, K 

Orelvis Martinez, SS, low Single-A Dunedin (TOR)

1-for-3, RBI, 2 BB, K, E (6, throw)

Robert Hassell, CF, low Single-A Lake Elsinore (SD)

2-for-4, 2B (6), RBI, BB 

Marco Luciano, DH, low Single-A San Jose (SF)

3-for-3, HR (4), 2B (6), 2 RBI, 3 R, BB 

Brennan Davis, CF, high Single-A South Bend (CHC)

1-for-3, K 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BillyMartinTrailer said:

Nate Pearson, RHP, Triple-A Buffalo (TOR)

3 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 7 K, 1 HR, 71 pitches, 40 strikes, 1 groundout, 1 flyout, L (0-1)

Jordan Groshans, DH, Double-A New Hampshire (TOR)

2-for-5, HR (1), 2 RBI, 2 R, 2 K 

Gabriel Moreno, C, Double-A New Hampshire (TOR)

3-for-6, 3B (1), RBI, R, K 

Oneil Cruz, SS, Double-A Altoona (PIT)

2-for-5, HR (3), 3 RBI, R, 2 K

Miguel Amaya, C, Double-A Tennessee (CHC)

1-for-3, HR (1), 3 RBI, 2 RB, 3 BB, 2 K

Shea Langeliers, C, Double-A Mississippi (ATL)

1-for-3, HR (4), 4 RBI, 2 R, 1 BB

Alek Thomas, CF, Double-A Amarillo (ARI)

2-for-5, 2 RBI, 2 R, K

Michael Busch, 2B, Double-A Tulsa (LAD)

3-for-7, HR (6), 2B (6), 2 RBI, R, K 

Michael Harris, CF, high Single-A Rome (ATL)

2-for-4, RBI, R, K 

Grayson Rodriguez, RHP, high Single-A Aberdeen (BAL)

5 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 9 K, 69 pitches, 47 strikes, 2 groundouts, 1 flyout, W (3-0)

Miguel Hiraldo, 3B, low Single-A Dunedin (TOR)

1-for-3, HR (2), 2 RBI, R, 2 BB, K 

Orelvis Martinez, SS, low Single-A Dunedin (TOR)

1-for-3, RBI, 2 BB, K, E (6, throw)

Robert Hassell, CF, low Single-A Lake Elsinore (SD)

2-for-4, 2B (6), RBI, BB 

Marco Luciano, DH, low Single-A San Jose (SF)

3-for-3, HR (4), 2B (6), 2 RBI, 3 R, BB 

Brennan Davis, CF, high Single-A South Bend (CHC)

1-for-3, K 

Grayson Rodriguez ditching A ball in style. He’s off to AA now 👀

And Luciano seems decent...

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2021 at 2:30 PM, fbplayer03 said:

Who is your favorite prospect right that's not currently in the Majors that you think will either be a star or blow up soon? Minus Wander, Witt and JRod. 

Noelvi Marte and my homie pick, Triston Casas.  (Though Jarren Duran should be up before him).

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2021 at 8:30 AM, fbplayer03 said:

Who is your favorite prospect right that's not currently in the Majors that you think will either be a star or blow up soon? Minus Wander, Witt and JRod. 

Curtis Terry so gud

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2021 at 2:21 PM, meh2 said:

I don’t think I’ve seen any love for him in this thread, but Edward Olivares is having a hell of a season down in Triple A for the Royals.

He’s now up to a 1.183 OPS with 5 homers and 6 steals. It shouldn’t be too difficult for KC to find a role for him if they want to give him another shot. He should be on your radar if you play in a 5 outfielder league, imo.

PSA: Soler left the game earlier today (groin, not sure how serious) and Olivares was scratched from tonight's Omaha lineup. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Rabbit Maranville said:

PSA: Soler left the game earlier today (groin, not sure how serious) and Olivares was scratched from tonight's Omaha lineup. 

It’s official:

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, meh2 said:

It’s official:

 

This was so clutch, man. I saw your post about Soler being out and scooped Olivares in my dynasty, where he’s still MiLB eligible and now, because of the rules in that league, he can camp on my farm team all year before I have to decide what to do with him. I had to give you some kudos for that one, nicely done and thank you! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...