NBC Sports Edge Forums

Daily prospect performance updates

Not exactly a "daily" update, but Bleday and Nolan Jones have now completely fallen off my radar.  Cut bait as to the former and traded the latter.  Even if they turn it around, these guys may not sniff the majors this year they've s**t the bed so badly.  

Boy did I bet on some wrong horses at my keeper auction!  At least Torkelson is starting to show signs of life.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With minor league Opening Day here, this thread is for providing updates on a daily basis of how prospects performed around the minors. If there are prospects that you are following, feel free to post

First off thanks for the recommendation, SpartyOn4! And this forum is awesome to keep track of minors players. Minor League Ball had a different feel for sure, but this place can be great in its own r

George Kirby, RHP, high Single-A Everett (SEA) 5 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 K, 76 pitches, 49 strikes, 2 groundouts, 2 flyouts Julio Rodriguez, RF, high Single-A Everett (SEA) 1-for-4, HR (3

13 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Not exactly a "daily" update, but Bleday and Nolan Jones have now completely fallen off my radar.  Cut bait as to the former and traded the latter.  Even if they turn it around, these guys may not sniff the majors this year they've s**t the bed so badly.  

Boy did I bet on some wrong horses at my keeper auction!  At least Torkelson is starting to show signs of life.

Prospect life hah might think you got a real gem cant bust typa guy and then shazam, you dont score until you score

YARN | We don't quit at halftime, ma'am! You don't score until you score! |  American Wedding (2003) | Video gifs by quotes | c693617e | 紗

Carter Kieboom is doing something positive for the first time in a while.

Over his last 11 AAA games he’s slashing .265/.468/.471 with 13 BB to 9 K. Has a 2B and a grand slam in his last 3 games, which is significant because he’s been allergic to extra-base hits for some time. His season line is a bizarre .246/.403/.361.

I don’t think promotion is imminent but if he keeps hitting there’s not much in his way in Washington. Only 23 and not that far removed from being a top 20 prospect, might be worth snagging in dynasty leagues where he was dropped.

• Like 5

Another one for the "What the hell happened?" file - Matt Manning.

Got lit up for 7 ER in 3.2 IP tonight. His K/BB numbers have been OK but he's giving up almost 4 HR/9.

On 6/1/2021 at 4:20 PM, Overlord said:

Way to fire up Bleday.  HR today.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BillyMartinTrailer said:

4.8 million dollar signing bonus.

This is why agents like Scott Boras fight and claw for every dime of signing bonus they can get; it's really the only "guaranteed" money that players subjected to the MLB draft can negotiate for.  

Baz has 43 K in 27.2 inns with 2 walks. Added a change up this year or in the offseason. If his command is for real, he'll be throwing 4.2 innings of amazing ball and getting pulled early for TB at some point in 2021! Can't wait...

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, tucker26 said:

Baz has 43 K in 27.2 inns with 2 walks. Added a change up this year or in the offseason. If his command is for real, he'll be throwing 4.2 innings of amazing ball and getting pulled early for TB at some point in 2021! Can't wait...

Is Shane Baz better than Shane McClanahan? Seems like TB is starting to rival HOU in developing pitching 

8 minutes ago, 5catstud said:

Is Shane Baz better than Shane McClanahan? Seems like TB is starting to rival HOU in developing pitching 

TB has been a strong developer of talent for a while now. They're up there for sure. I think sometimes we have too high expectations on some of their guys like Mckay, and thats where they fall short. A lot of houston guys come out of nowhere. That being said Forrest Whitley seemed like the Astros best prospect.

I don't think he is so much a deep (ish) sleeper, as he is just criminally underrated, but LAD 3B--Miguel Vargas homered again tonight, for the the 3rd straight game. I am not sure why he is repeating High A (sort of) but I think he will be on the move soon enough...given his current .341/.385/.593 slash.

• Like 1
On 6/9/2021 at 8:51 AM, 5catstud said:

On Monday's BA top 100 update, McClanahan was 23rd (prev 81) overall while Baz checked in at 61st (prev 91). Cavalli bumped up to 33rd (prev 82), Manoah 37th (prev 87). All these pitchers jumped up a ton on the list.

• Like 1

Been a bit of a slow start for Miguel Vargas since promo to AA (only 4 games though)

But did see he broke up Arkansas no-hit bid yesterday with 2 out in the 9th. He took a breaking ball out to left center 468' HR👀

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pduce242424 said:

https://www.prospectslive.com/

They have a minor league daily sheet that's interesting.  Not sure if this has been referenced before.

It was mentioned in the early parts of the thread this year. Very helpful sheeeeet! Those guys do a good job but their blurbs seem to be really dialed on back creating any hype lol 

23 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Reid Detmers: 6IP 3HA 2R (1 HRA) 2BB 14K in AA, had an immaculate inning as well.

Just some video of his start to add to this. That Angels AA pitching staff is looking amazing. A combined 76 Ks in 6 games vs the Shuckers last week.