Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Rodgers 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

I didn't listen to the play by play on CBS today. What excuses were they making for the Teflon loser today?

Room used the “Aaron never played in this stadium before” comment during the game lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another outstanding performance by the NFL's best game manager.  Nobody hands the ball off like Rodgers.  Crisp and on the money.  And he carries out his post-handoff fakes well too. Somewhere Trent D

I guess I’m too old for this “new-age analytical”  stuff because I don’t know what the F that diagram is trying to show.  Looks like a drunk Bears fan had a paintball gun.  

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, konstao said:

Its snowing in GB. does the snow affect a lot QB play? 
are you guys worried?

 

i know its wednesday, but just trying to get some opinions

Not really worried but his same lack of ceiling is more likely here. Should be a little more running and a warm weather team with young QB might not be able to score as much as they would in optimal conditions to push GB to throw. I’d be more worried if it’s actively snowing on game day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, JG1222016 said:

What are owners doing this week with Rodgers against SF? Roll with him in a tough matchup on the road or take my chances on a ww streamer [...]?

 

For Perspective, in between Rodgers and Carr at Jets this weekend. CBS has Carr favored with 16 points compared to 13 points projected currently in our scoring system. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think guys like Rodgers are generally match up proof is the sense that they could put up 30+ on anybody.  That being said, Rodgers has been so uneven and inconsistent this year I get why people would consider sitting him.  I own him in one league but all I keep saying to myself is "are you really going to start Sam ghost seeing Donald over Aaron Rodgers?".  Well, I just might!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rodgers scores 30 when he needs to and is at the point of his career where he's just as fine scoring 8 if he can get away with it. There is no mystery here. Any offense that's competent will necessitate Rodgers' increased participation. 

To me the question comes down to how good will Jimmy G be. If he sucks Rodgers will hand the ball off to Jones. 

The Cardinals evidently have the blueprint with a ROOK QB to score on this defense. Obviously Rodgers doesn't have the wheels Kyler does but he has a few tricks up his sleeve. 

I think you can do worse at QB this week because SF is cooking offensively right now, bottom line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Rodgers scores 30 when he needs to and is at the point of his career where he's just as fine scoring 8 if he can get away with it. There is no mystery here. Any offense that's competent will necessitate Rodgers' increased participation. 

To me the question comes down to how good will Jimmy G be. If he sucks Rodgers will hand the ball off to Jones. 

The Cardinals evidently have the blueprint with a ROOK QB to score on this defense. Obviously Rodgers doesn't have the wheels Kyler does but he has a few tricks up his sleeve. 

I think you can do worse at QB this week because SF is cooking offensively right now, bottom line.


Bingo. If the Packers are trailing, it doesn’t matter too much what defense Rodgers is playing against. If the packers are in control, probably looking at another pedestrian game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 fantasy points for me in the last three weeks combined!! I mean chargers, Panther and Niners not cake walks but still, starting to ponder what to do with this guy and what to do in my playoffs vs Chicago and Minny in weeks 15/16

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Monkeyman74 said:

35 fantasy points for me in the last three weeks combined!! I mean chargers, Panther and Niners not cake walks but still, starting to ponder what to do with this guy and what to do in my playoffs vs Chicago and Minny in weeks 15/16

It's tough to bench him unless you have another top 5 upside QB on your roster. But even with a great matchup this week against the Giants, I'm thinking about benching him in a must-win game for me this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

It's tough to bench him unless you have another top 5 upside QB on your roster. But even with a great matchup this week against the Giants, I'm thinking about benching him in a must-win game for me this week.

 

 

Oh no way I do that. Arod has always been amazing vs crap teams, 300 hundo and 3 this week easy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Monkeyman74 said:

 

 

Oh no way I do that. Arod has always been amazing vs crap teams, 300 hundo and 3 this week easy.

He should do that easily, but he's just so much more volatile and unpredictable than the other top tier guys. I'm probably rolling out Brees over him this week as a safer option.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...