NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Tyler Mahle 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Looks like he’ll match up against the Dodgers next. You guys holding for that tough matchup?

I'm holding but may not start him. He's given up 7 HRs through 45IP, that's not great when you're facing the Dodgers. 

The thing that's a plus is he has actually lowered his FB% and raised his GB%. All his peripherals back him. Although his swinging strike rate is under 10%

• Like 2

I'd be holding him in all but the shallowest of leagues. He's been impressive.  Starting him vs the Dodgers is league dependent I think. I lean sit, but I can see starting him.  

K Rate is above average

Walk Rate is very good

Xfip is great.

Not an Ace, but potential SP3/4 for fantasy, a smidge of upside for improvement and maybe being a backend SP2 one day.  His command rivals Tanaka.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, papasmurf said:

At Wrigley, anyone gonna go for it?
If the wind blows in that day I may roll the dice.

Probably will.  Depends what lineup Cubs toss out.  Joe Maddon likes throwing out dancing with the C listers a lot.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

1-5 record...yuck.  The K's are good but thats about it.

so if he ends with a 3.51 ERA (might not happen but the underlying stats look solid) and a healthy amount of K's over a full season with minimal wins are you really complaining over this WW add?

in my experiences chasing wins from guys you get from the WW is a waste of time, wins are so variable in today's game

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

so if he ends with a 3.51 ERA (might not happen but the underlying stats look solid) and a healthy amount of K's over a full season with minimal wins are you really complaining over this WW add?

in my experiences chasing wins from guys you get from the WW is a waste of time, wins are so variable in today's game

Yea that's fine.  I wouldn't hype him up too much and leave him in your rotation week in and week out like some people seem to be saying though.  

6 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Yea that's fine.  I wouldn't hype him up too much and leave him in your rotation week in and week out like some people seem to be saying though.  

Yea i mean depending on format n stuff id def look at the upcoming match ups in case he gets a death row situation 

but on the other side he just did real nice vs LAD who many sat him for haha 

Frankly. He looked better than Darvish. Today was gonna be a tough day — warm and windy in Chicago — but he fared well outside the 4th. This kid’s arrow is still trending up, especially in dynasty leagues. 

• 4 weeks later...