NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

...and one more:

5'11" 220lbs RB Darrin Hall Pitt

Senior year: 153/1144/10 (7.5yds/carry) and 15/66

Career: 381/2189/21 (5.7yds/carry) and 38/267/1

Recent write-up/analysis: https://dynastyfootballfactory.com/making-the-case-for-darrin-hall-rb-university-of-pittsburgh/

i think we'll see hall go in rounds 5-7, and he's worth a late dynasty grab if his landing spot doesnt bury his opportunity for years to come. but kerrith whyte might go undrafted. not saying he's not worth a last pick, but he has like 250 touches total and he's a junior (declaring for the nfl draft). just not enough of a sample size. look at his highlights: really, these are offensive line highlights.

wes hills is a tank. he reminds me of quincy enunwa, but not just because threyre the same size: both are deceptive in their moves, using head fakes and bulk to push for extra yardage. he doesnt seem fast enough to get to the next level, but in the right spot would do well (like gus edwards). for me, it's his lack of competition in college that skews his 6 ypc stat.

Devine Ozigbo has twice the touches of kerrith whyte, so the sample size is safer: kid has some moves, too, really moves like a smaller back. you have him at 5'11 222, but he's usually listed at 6' 230 (sportsreference even has him at 235). Ozigbo is my choice out of the four you mention, even if he's drafted after darrin hall. just don't go starting his own thread if he lands in a prime spot like houston, chicago, or oakland: best to stay away from the dynasty radar. hope this helps.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Darrell Henderson is my favorite RB in this draft. Assuming he winds up on the right team, I think he can be this year’s Philip Lindsay. Or at least the closest thing to it.

Hes awesome. But hes 20lbs bigger than lindsay but seems just as dynamic. Hoping my bears draft him or alex barns late late

Running back Frank Gore forced nine missed tackles out of the no-huddle offense last year at a rate of 0.50 missed tackles forced per touch; both of these figures ranked first among backs with at leas

13 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

just don't go starting his own thread if he lands in a prime spot like houston, chicago, or Oakland: best to stay away from the dynasty radar. hope this helps.

Please expound...

*I started the conversation on these 4 RBs with dynasty as my main driving point (it's all I play): "I've traded out of the 1st Rd in my Rookie draft, so I am researching some later round RBs," but in hind-sight, that may not have been as clear as I had thought; maybe some Re-Draft leagues utilize a rookie draft AND veteran draft, much like dynasty leagues. But that's not to say these players couldn't sneak up, and pay off in Re-Draft.

...appreciate the thoughts/write-up B)

Edited by FollowTheLeader
1 minute ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Please expound...

*I started the conversation on these 4 RBs with dynasty as my main driving point (it's all I play): "I've traded out of the 1st Rd in my Rookie draft, so I am researching some later round RBs," but in hind-sight, that may not have been as clear as I had thought; maybe some Re-Draft leagues utilize a rookie draft AND veteran draft, much like dynasty leagues.

...appreciate the thoughts/write-up B)

yes, my post was a response to both of yours. it was clear. i've done the same, trading my early round picks (except in idp dynasty). it's a wr draft this year, so you should be able to land a decent enough rb in rounds 3-4. fantasypros has ozigbo going in the middle of the 4th, at least for now, until we see where he lands. also of note, if your dynasty team is shallow in RBs, trade for 2020 picks: that's the solid RB class.

31 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

i think we'll see hall go in rounds 5-7, and he's worth a late dynasty grab if his landing spot doesnt bury his opportunity for years to come. but kerrith whyte might go undrafted. not saying he's not worth a last pick, but he has like 250 touches total and he's a junior (declaring for the nfl draft). just not enough of a sample size. look at his highlights: really, these are offensive line highlights.

I liked Hall's video, more so than Whyte (so, agreed), and they have very good/comparable physical metrics, but the metrics alone is what got my attention regarding Whyte. Hall is physically gifted in his own right, and I preferred his tape.

34 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

wes hills is a tank. he reminds me of quincy enunwa, but not just because threyre the same size: both are deceptive in their moves, using head fakes and bulk to push for extra yardage. he doesnt seem fast enough to get to the next level, but in the right spot would do well (like gus edwards). for me, it's his lack of competition in college that skews his 6 ypc stat.

With Delaware being a Division 1 school, my concerns about his career average being skewed by the Slippery Rock competition level is a bit alleviated.

19 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

yes, my post was a response to both of yours. it was clear. i've done the same, trading my early round picks (except in idp dynasty). it's a wr draft this year, so you should be able to land a decent enough rb in rounds 3-4. fantasypros has ozigbo going in the middle of the 4th, at least for now, until we see where he lands. also of note, if your dynasty team is shallow in RBs, trade for 2020 picks: that's the solid RB class.

Cool Story Bro: this league (my only league) is an IDP Dynasty League (team and current rookie/vet draft picks in signature), and I've traded away future speculative shares for current knowns and extra 2nd RD picks. I realize next year is great for my position of need, RB, but :meh: I'll cross that road as we get closer to end of the next regular season. Check out the Completed Trades Thread, which I believe you have, as you gave me trouble for moving Njoku <_<...:P (I have posted the last 5 trades, and they all pertain to this team). I plan on starting DJ + Juilo/Golladay + Godwin at FLEX and either an additional RB or WR in the other FLEX (player probably not on current roster, will know more after nfl draft.) *we can start 1-3 RBs, 2-4 WRs and 1-3 TEs (1-4-1, 2-3-1, 3-2-1, 1-3-2 or 1-2-3)

"According to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero: Stanford RB Bryce Love's surgically-repaired knee has "raised red flags" leading up to the draft. Love attended the Combine re-check in Indianapolis earlier this month and the results were not encouraging as doctors identified "stiffness" in his ACL, which he tore in a game on December 1. Per Pelissero, a number of teams are questioning whether Love will ever regain the "explosiveness" he demonstrated during his four-year run at Stanford. Despite rushing for over 2,000 yards while attaining All-American status in 2017, Love's draft arrow is pointing way down.
‎Apr‎ ‎19‎, ‎2019‎ ‎1‎:‎18‎ ‎PM"

The above update is terrible news for a great individual. This kid ran on the same youth track circuit as my son (Love was 1yr older), and not only was Love an incredible sprint talent, but he also proved himself to be an upstanding human being every time we crossed paths. He has been locked into his area of college study (biology/stem cell research) since he was in his early teens/pre-HS. He's known the path he wanted to follow for a long time.

If this plays out the way it sounds in the above posted article, it would be a shame for a gifted athlete/football player/sprinter, and very fine person, who chose a career in football over track and field: while competing in the 11-12yr old age group, Love set national record-breaking times of 11.64 in the 100m, 23.37 in the 200m and 50.75 in the 400m dash. Love was named USA Track and Field Youth Athlete of the Year 2009. In his final youth track season, Love set new records in the 13–14 yrs group at a meet in Ga, where he ran 10.73 in the 100 and 21.83 in the 200. As a Sophomore in HS he ran a 10.64 100m and a 21.68 in the 200m. Who knows what he could have done on the track with some college training. *and maybe he still can IF the nfl passes on him...hoping either path still pans out for this kid.

4 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:
"According to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero: Stanford RB Bryce Love's surgically-repaired knee has "raised red flags" leading up to the draft. Love attended the Combine re-check in Indianapolis earlier this month and the results were not encouraging as doctors identified "stiffness" in his ACL, which he tore in a game on December 1. Per Pelissero, a number of teams are questioning whether Love will ever regain the "explosiveness" he demonstrated during his four-year run at Stanford. Despite rushing for over 2,000 yards while attaining All-American status in 2017, Love's draft arrow is pointing way down.
‎Apr‎ ‎19‎, ‎2019‎ ‎1‎:‎18‎ ‎PM"

The above update is terrible news for a great individual. This kid ran on the same youth track circuit as my son (Love was 1yr older), and not only was Love an incredible sprint talent, but he also proved himself to be an upstanding human being every time we crossed paths. He has been locked into his area of college study (biology/stem cell research) since he was in his early teens/pre-HS. He's known the path he wanted to follow for a long time.

If this plays out the way it sounds in the above posted article, it would be a shame for a gifted athlete/football player/sprinter, and very fine person, who chose a career in football over track and field: while competing in the 11-12yr old age group, Love set national record-breaking times of 11.64 in the 100m, 23.37 in the 200m and 50.75 in the 400m dash. Love was named USA Track and Field Youth Athlete of the Year 2009. In his final youth track season, Love set new records in the 13–14 yrs group at a meet in Ga, where he ran 10.73 in the 100 and 21.83 in the 200. As a Sophomore in HS he ran a 10.64 100m and a 21.68 in the 200m. Who knows what he could have done on the track with some college training. *and maybe he still can IF the nfl passes on him...hoping either path still pans out for this kid.

My guess is that he did not get much faster after his HS sophomore year.

13 hours ago, psygolf said:

My guess is that he did not get much faster after his HS sophomore year.

He focused on football, not track, makes a big difference.

Didn’t even run his junior year. Returned senior yr only to run/train enough to win the State Championship in the 100m. 

4 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

He focused on football, not track, makes a big difference.

Didn’t even run his junior year. Returned senior yr only to run/train enough to win the State Championship in the 100m. 

What was his winning time that last year...10.4-10.5??

A lot of sprinters can plateau early...I had a friend that ran a 4:45 mile in 8th grade, but he was also a kid that matured early and stopped growing once he hit HS.

I’m betting this is the case with Bryce...let’s stop putting the hypothetical Olympic medal around his neck with the woulda coulda shoulda’s

Yes, many plateau early. Yet, based on the fact he didn’t focus on track the years following 10th grade, I don’t believe we can bang the nails in his “what could have been” coffin.

Like I said, having met him, his family, and competed on the same track (my son), I feel for him, personally...Track and Field is a family atmosphere, and the respect for competitors is publicly displayed/encouraged, more so than football. 

I was worried about injury when he chose the football route.

So I’m bummed for the kid. Hope it works out 🤞 *either way he has a bright future ahead for him due to his education. 

51 minutes ago, psygolf said:

A lot of sprinters can plateau early...I had a friend that ran a 4:45 mile in 8th grade, but he was also a kid that matured early and stopped growing once he hit HS.

...and to keep the term “potential” in perspective, relative to plateauing early: your 8th grade friend would have had to run a 4:17 1500m (as an 8th grader last season) in order to be at that same percentile, #1 ranking in the nation at his event, like Love was across a 4yr span in the 100/200m. We’re not talking about the potential of a guy 15sec off the #1 ranking in the 1500m (figure your friend ran 1600m since you called it a mile.)

There’s a legit reason we wonder about what kids ranked #1 in the nation over a 4yr span could have been IF they had continued to focus on track, and not just as a competition, but also the actual “training” that goes with it...entirely different than football. 

1 hour ago, FollowTheLeader said:

...and to keep the term “potential” in perspective, relative to plateauing early: your 8th grade friend would have had to run a 4:17 1500m (as an 8th grader last season) in order to be at that same percentile, #1 ranking in the nation at his event, like Love was across a 4yr span in the 100/200m. We’re not talking about the potential of a guy 15sec off the #1 ranking in the 1500m (figure your friend ran 1600m since you called it a mile.)

There’s a legit reason we wonder about what kids ranked #1 in the nation over a 4yr span could have been IF they had continued to focus on track, and not just as a competition, but also the actual “training” that goes with it...entirely different than football. 

When did a mile = 1500m?

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

“When did a mile = 1500m?”

I just chose the 1500m distance as a comparison, because it is a more common distance in youth/middle school than the mile (which I noted does equal 1600m, see quote below), and predicted your friend at a 4:32 1500m (subtracting time from the 4:45 1600m to account for subtracting 100m):

4 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

“(figure your friend ran 1600m since you called it a mile.)”

Top 1600m time for a 8th grader last year was a 4:33. 

Anyway, we’ve probably worn out this opinion piece,...

8 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

I just chose the 1500m distance as a comparison, as it is a more common distance in youth/middle school than the mile (which I noted does equal 1600m, see quote below), and predicted your friend at a 4:32 1500m (subtracting time from the 4:45 1600m to account for subtracting 100m):

Top 1600m time for a 8th grader last year was a 4:33. 

Anyway, we’ve probably worn out this opinion piece,...

Our track was 440 yds = 1609m for the mile ...now we know how good my friend was.

Edited by psygolf
On 4/20/2019 at 2:03 PM, psygolf said:

Our track was 440 yds = 1609m for the mile ...now we know how good my friend was.

Right on, a “true” mile, from back in the day, there’s a movement to bring it back. That extra 9 meters could have accounted for 2sec on top of his 1600m time, bringing him close to 9sec off the #1 ranking in the 1600m in 2018...very nice!

3 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Right on, a “true” mile, from back in the day, there’s a movement to bring it back. That extra 9 meters could have accounted for 2sec on top of his 1600m time, bringing him close to 9sec off the #1 ranking in the 1600m in 2018...very nice!

Oh...and a cinder track

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

Oh...and a cinder track

Cinder tracks for me as well, until I got to sectionals/state qualifying.

Everything’s all-weather tacks now, kids these days don’t know how easy they got it. *my son competed for 11 years (400m), never ran on cinder. 

3 hours ago, The G Man said:

Jacobs goes to Oakland as many predicted. Gotta think that's about as a good a landing spot as any in terms of his fantasy prospects.  

Completely agree. Really great scenario for Jacobs. Minimal competition. He should be an immediate lock for ~20 touches/game.

I'll be interested to see how the remaining rookie backs shake out here on day 2. Thinking we'll see a run on some of them including Montgomery, Harris, Henderson, Singletary, etc.

• Thanks 1