NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Pickup Puig on Waivers?

phreak_09

Puig is on waivers in my 12-team keep 10 h2h league. and I have number 1 waiver priority. Do I use my number 1 waiver priority and pick him up?

Offensive cats are R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS

My offense in this league is:

C - D. Jansen

1b - L. Voit

2b - R. Odor

3b - M. Chapman

SS - J. Peraza

OF - C. Dickerson

OF - J.D. Martinez

OF - T. Mancini

UTIL - N. Cruz

UTIL - N. Markakis

Bench - N. Senzel

Bench - J. Adell

Bench - A. Kiriloff

NA - R. Lewis

DL - J. Upton

DL - A. Hicks 

I'm dropping Dickerson since he's now on the DL anyway. As you can see my team is clearly rebuilding. Other notables that are FAs where I wouldn't have to waste waiver priority are M. Franco, A. Gordon, C. Walker, D. Swanson, J. Bruce, K. Marte.

Any thoughts?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

pick him up for sure, when the reds offense starts rolling and the weather warms up I think puig is going to start hitting bombs. plus he gets to play divison games in Milwaukee and the ball fly's out there. also if you can pick up k. marte I would do that to. 

Absolutely.  Cant sit around and wait forever with that #1 WW priority.  Not sure you will find a better player to use it on than Puig.  That owner will regret dropping him.  Use it now, so you still have time to work your way back up when callups start in June

2 hours ago, Turtleman09 said:

pick him up for sure, when the reds offense starts rolling and the weather warms up I think puig is going to start hitting bombs. plus he gets to play divison games in Milwaukee and the ball fly's out there. also if you can pick up k. marte I would do that to. 

Okay, I can pickup K.Marte. He's also available in my other league along with options like Wong, Beckham, and K. Hernandez. In that other league, Trea Turner just went down so I'll need a SS. I can move Schoop to SS and draft a 2B also. So, out of K. Marte, Wong, Beckham and K. Hernandez who do you like the best?

Edited by phreak_09

21 minutes ago, phreak_09 said:

Okay, I can pickup K.Marte. He's also available in my other league along with options like Wong, Beckham, and K. Hernandez. In that other league, Trea Turner just went down so I'll need a SS. I can move Schoop to SS and draft a 2B also. So, out of K. Marte, Wong, Beckham and K. Hernandez who do you like the best?

Marte easily