NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julio Rodriguez, OF, Seattle Mariners

On 5/18/2021 at 5:13 AM, rrrich46 said:

Tork will hit. 

But JRod...I took him over Kelenic.

I agree with that. I have both Kelenic and Jrod but I’ve always been a bit higher on JRod. Higher ceiling imo, I really believe if he continues to develop the right way he will be a top 10 fantasy pick. Still a long (maybe not that long) way to go though. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel like I have to put a note in enough of these threads, but once again I will say it.... Due to upcoming collective bargaining agreement, there is going to be a real push to limit control on

once in a while, someone special comes along and you can just feel it. Any list placing him outside the top-10 is a criminal underranking, in my opinion. It's not just his plate skills or frame or p

I asked Dipoto if there is any chance of Rodriguez getting fast-tracked all the way to Seattle this coming summer.   "He wants to not only play in the big leagues, he wants to play in the bi

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Brujan said:

I agree with that. I have both Kelenic and Jrod but I’ve always been a bit higher on JRod. Higher ceiling imo, I really believe if he continues to develop the right way he will be a top 10 fantasy pick. Still a long (maybe not that long) way to go though. 

I don't recall what site it was, but one of the well known prospect guys agrees.

Posted (edited)

With the Lewis injury,  any chance he gets an accelerated call? Trammel  is the next in line, but then what?

Edited by Cesare13
25 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

With the Lewis injury,  any chance he gets an accelerated call? Trammel  is the next in line, but then what?

1 hour ago, Cesare13 said:

He’s playing for the Dominican team right now, so hasn’t even gotten to AA yet. So I’m short, no way...yet. 
But don’t think it’s out of the question that if he’s in AA when he returns and if the situation is right (injuries + still hitting), they accelerate him and it’s *possible* we see him late this year. 

13 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

He’s playing for the Dominican team right now, so hasn’t even gotten to AA yet. So I’m short, no way...yet. 
But don’t think it’s out of the question that if he’s in AA when he returns and if the situation is right (injuries + still hitting), they accelerate him and it’s *possible* we see him late this year. 

Accelerating the promotions of 20 year old Julio Rodriguez, a guy with basically no minor league experience, when the Mariners are extraordinarily unlikely to even contend for a wild card spot this year would be rather poor player management in my view.

So I think Seattle is likely to do that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Needs to go up a level. A little worried about his strikeouts at High-A but it hasn’t been anything alarming. Time to test him with better pitching.

On 6/2/2021 at 5:12 PM, killa3312 said:

Needs to go up a level. A little worried about his strikeouts at High-A but it hasn’t been anything alarming. Time to test him with better pitching.

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes straight to AA after the Olympic Qualifiers 

Another ridiculous game yesterday. His first four hitter of the season (including a hr). Soon many experts will realize that they were dead wrong ranking this kid anything below number one on the M’s prospect list.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Brujan said:

Another ridiculous game yesterday. His first four hitter of the season (including a hr). Soon many experts will realize that they were dead wrong ranking this kid anything below number one on the M’s prospect list.

Well I didn't even realize he was back at Everett. Thought for sure he would go to AA to resume. The Mariners may really be dedicated to slow playing him. I thought, based on Dipotos comments the past couple years that JRod controlled most of his fate with his performance. That may be wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2021 at 5:57 PM, fbplayer03 said:

Hes with the Olympic team again. I expect him to go to AA after that is over. 

I read somewhere once that the Mariners were keeping him at high A due to proximity as opposed to Arkansas which is very far. In this sense there could be a jump to AAA since Tacoma is a lot closer and he can definitely hold his own there.

15 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

for my money he is the new number 1 prospect with Wander out of MILB picture.

Not Kelenic ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Does anyone have an opinion on what level the Olympics would correspond to? I'm kinda hoping maybe it's AAish and they would send him to AAA after it's over if he does well. 

Hope is eternal haha.

I wish the Mariners just did what the Nationals did with Soto and call him up already. He's clearly one of those players that's going to hit well in the minors and only major league pitchers can poke holes in his game. I can't really see what part of his game needs more work. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, bunnyzclan said:

I wish the Mariners just did what the Nationals did with Soto and call him up already. He's clearly one of those players that's going to hit well in the minors and only major league pitchers can poke holes in his game. I can't really see what part of his game needs more work. 

Nats only pulled him up out of desperation. Rash of injuries—-was really the perfect storm. 

• 2 weeks later...