NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Julio Rodriguez, OF, Seattle Mariners

kpmorgan

Fwiw: Scott White on the CBS podcast was asked to give 1 word to describe a second half callup for his top 25 prospects (Julio was #1).  His word was "possible ".   It's worth noting that he used "unlikely 'for others.   The thinking was if Seattle was still in the race in 2 weeks or so and he started destroying AA.   

My own take on this is that he's not worth it in re drafts, long gone in dynasty, but in a keeper where a team has the room,  he's either a fun toy to own,  or a great trade chip.

3 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Fwiw: Scott White on the CBS podcast was asked to give 1 word to describe a second half callup for his top 25 prospects (Julio was #1).  His word was "possible ".   It's worth noting that he used "unlikely 'for others.   The thinking was if Seattle was still in the race in 2 weeks or so and he started destroying AA.   

My own take on this is that he's not worth it in re drafts, long gone in dynasty, but in a keeper where a team has the room,  he's either a fun toy to own,  or a great trade chip.

Yeah that idiot Mariners rep who spilled his guts on a Zoom meeting before the season pretty much said Julio would not make it to the bigs in 2021. Def not worth stashing for re-draft leagues 

• 1 month later...

The thread of arguably the #1 prospect in the minors was pushed halfway down page 3 of the MILB Forum, so maybe it's time for an update. With statistics and percentages, let's examine what Julio's done thru 750 career MiLB at-bats. Bear in mind, these numbers are against mostly older pitchers as Julio, at 20, is still too young to grab a beer at the local tavern in Little Rock after starring in a game for AA Arkansas.

Slash Line : .323/.403/.537 (.940 OPS for the arithmetic-challenged)

HR : 27

3B : 15

2B : 50

RBI : 137

SB : 22 (only 5 caught stealing attempts)

R : 157

BB/K Ratio : 84/165

K% : 19%

BB% : 9.7%

Ready for the Bigs? : Yes

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Baseball Batman said:

The thread of arguably the #1 prospect in the minors was pushed halfway down page 3 of the MILB Forum, so maybe it's time for an update. With statistics and percentages, let's examine what Julio's done thru 750 career MiLB at-bats. Bear in mind, these numbers are against mostly older pitchers as Julio, at 20, is still too young to grab a beer at the local tavern in Little Rock after starring in a game for AA Arkansas.

Slash Line : .323/.403/.537 (.940 OPS for the arithmetic-challenged)

HR : 27

3B : 15

2B : 50

RBI : 137

SB : 22 (only 5 caught stealing attempts)

R : 157

BB/K Ratio : 84/165

K% : 19%

BB% : 9.7%

Ready for the Bigs? : Yes

I feel like his speed is STILL underrated. I saw him beat out a sharp grounder to 3rd the other night and couldn't believe my eyes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...