NBC Sports Edge Forums

12 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Well he really isn't a good hitter to begin with, but he's not this bad either.

I can't believe this dolt of a manager for cards continues to pitch to Yeli...but thanks man

6 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

The ballpark and lineup around him are nice, but the problem is Shaw is simply not a good hitter.  Gets killed by the shift now that teams realize they only need to defend half the field against him.  Has major Chris Davis potential this year in my opinion.

He’s had an OPS of 825+ and 30 HRs 2 years in a row, not really fair to say he hasn’t been a good hitter

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy Jackie Robinson Day  

Looks like David Bell is sitting Winker and Votto against the corpse of Clayton Kershaw in favor of.... *checks notes* ....Curt Casali and Kyle Farmer. Presumably because they are human beings that hi

Posted Images

Just now, Donniebaseball23 said:

He’s had an OPS of 825+ and 30 HRs 2 years in a row, not really fair to say he hasn’t been a good hitter

Chris Davis hit 30 HRs (heck 40 HRs) multiple times and even had a decent average some years until teams starting shifting on him.  I just see a lot of parallels between Shaw and Davis.  If someone dropped Shaw and you want to take a flier on him, I can understand that but I certainly wouldn't trade anything of consequence for Shaw.  

Just now, Donniebaseball23 said:

Yeah it is if you watch him every game like I do...I lay it out in his thread, he's limited and only uses 1/3 of the field...can't touch a lefty to save his life. He'll pound mistakes but he's a guy that prob won't be tendered a contract soon, he's very replaceable in today's game

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah it is if you watch him every game like I do...I lay it out in his thread, he's limited and only uses 1/3 of the field...can't touch a lefty to save his life. He'll pound mistakes but he's a guy that prob won't be tendered a contract soon, he's very replaceable in today's game

Doesn't that sound a lot like Chris Davis?

50 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Fair enough.  Obviously the Marlins offense isn't ideal, but I really like Caleb Smith.  I know some people will kill me for saying this, but I think Smith will have a better year than Aaron Nola this year.

I like Caleb Smith a lot too and have him in three out of four of my dynasty leagues.  Also as Smith starts to go deeper into games he is becoming even more golden in QS leagues of all formats.  But no way am I putting him ahead of Nola.  Sometimes aces get off to slow starts.  Sale and deGrom have to different degrees as well.  Nola will be fine.  It's a marathon.

• Like 1