NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mitchell Trubisky 2019 Outlook

9 hours ago, dashoe said:

All you need to understand is that Chris Collingsworth is making a fortune and laughing to the bank as the owner of the company 😱

Does he really own it? Didnt know that.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

doesn't help that his head coach calls plays like a 12 year old on Xbox live, but still

This guy sucks

• 2 months later...

Just checked out Trubisky's 2018 gamelog. I remembered him having some monster performances last season but forgot how mediocre (at best) he was for the final third of the season. That's worrisome but he showed the ability to win weeks for you with a few games over 30 points and one game where he blew past 40 points. The consistent rushing numbers should help stabilize his floor and I think another year of experience could feasibly lead to more consistent play and fewer multi-turnover outings. 

Bottom line, I believe his ADP at QB23 is a joke after finishing 11th amongst QBs in fantasy PPG last year. I'd 100% be happy with him as my backup going into 2019, or even my starter in a deep 14-16 team league, and wouldn't be surprised at all if he finishes as a QB1. 

• Like 2

Bears fan here: you honestly have to give Mitch a little more slack his progression form Fox to Nagy is day and night, he couldn’t grow in Fox’s system and Nagy helps his QBs improve, now is he my QB1? No, can he QB2/borderline QB1 given his matchup? Yes, I wouldn’t be surprised if the guy brings it all together this year. A little bias? Yes, but that’s my take. 

On 7/20/2019 at 10:43 PM, SenatorSpaceman said:

Just checked out Trubisky's 2018 gamelog. I remembered him having some monster performances last season but forgot how mediocre (at best) he was for the final third of the season. That's worrisome but he showed the ability to win weeks for you with a few games over 30 points and one game where he blew past 40 points. The consistent rushing numbers should help stabilize his floor and I think another year of experience could feasibly lead to more consistent play and fewer multi-turnover outings. 

Bottom line, I believe his ADP at QB23 is a joke after finishing 11th amongst QBs in fantasy PPG last year. I'd 100% be happy with him as my backup going into 2019, or even my starter in a deep 14-16 team league, and wouldn't be surprised at all if he finishes as a QB1. 

I fully agree with this.  To me, his inconsistencies last year just show his age and experience level.  The fact that he destroyed some of the weaker defenses he played against just shows me that he has the talent to succeed.  He just needs to put it all together, and another year with Nagy and another year of experience I think he should be able to make a big jump.  Also the games he struggled in were mostly against good pass defenses, like LAR and MIN.  He did seem to get out of rhythm after he came back from being injured, but who knows how much of that could have been lingering effects too.  

I'd be all on board with drafting Trubs this year in deeper leagues.  I think he has a higher ceiling, but maybe lower floor, than another young QB going right near him in Lamar Jackson.  There are also guys like Josh Allen and Darnold that could make big leaps this year, but I don't think anyone is set up to do so as nicely as Trubisky.  He has a much better situation, coach, and team around him than Allen or Darnold.  And he has much better passing and prototypical QB skills than Jackson.  I wouldn't really want him as my only QB, but in deeper leagues if you can pair him with a higher floor veteran like Cousins or Stafford, then I think he's an appealing option.

• Like 1
On 7/22/2019 at 6:46 AM, handyandy86 said:

I fully agree with this.  To me, his inconsistencies last year just show his age and experience level.  The fact that he destroyed some of the weaker defenses he played against just shows me that he has the talent to succeed.  He just needs to put it all together, and another year with Nagy and another year of experience I think he should be able to make a big jump.  Also the games he struggled in were mostly against good pass defenses, like LAR and MIN.  He did seem to get out of rhythm after he came back from being injured, but who knows how much of that could have been lingering effects too.  

I'd be all on board with drafting Trubs this year in deeper leagues.  I think he has a higher ceiling, but maybe lower floor, than another young QB going right near him in Lamar Jackson.  There are also guys like Josh Allen and Darnold that could make big leaps this year, but I don't think anyone is set up to do so as nicely as Trubisky.  He has a much better situation, coach, and team around him than Allen or Darnold.  And he has much better passing and prototypical QB skills than Jackson.  I wouldn't really want him as my only QB, but in deeper leagues if you can pair him with a higher floor veteran like Cousins or Stafford, then I think he's an appealing option.

In the Brett Kollman video that Boudewijn shared above, he spoke to this when doing analysis of Trubisky’s hip movement. Mitch isn’t rotating his hips so he’s having to generate all his throwing strength from his arm. Kollman’s analysis is that when he came back from his shoulder injury this throwing motion really hurt his accuracy.

But injury aside, as discussed thoroughly in the Kollman video, Mitch has shown a lot of promise but can he lock down his mechanics and decision making? Because he’s been all over the place. 

• Like 1

Well there's no way he's reached his ceiling, so I think we see some more consistency this year.  However, the defense is a limiting factor and they may try to run more with the new backs.  Kind of intruiging though if he can get everything coordinated.  

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone targeting Trubisky in 2QB/Superflex leagues as your 2nd QB? I find myself liking him more than Ben, Rivers, Brady, Lamar, Prescott, Cousins. But I’m wandering if I’m out of line. 

Edited by gufomel
20 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Anyone targeting Trubisky in 2QB/Superflex leagues as your 2nd QB? I find myself liking him more than Ben, Rivers, Brady, Lamar, Prescott, Cousins. But I’m wandering if I’m out of line. 

I think I'd rather have all those guys you listed over Mitch.  He had an elite stretch last year, I'll give him that though.

I drafted him to see. I paired him with Winston. 1 QB league. Each a gamble. One of the two should finish top 8. 

That elite stretch last year hooked me. At least could throw him in a package later in the season after he goes off. 

One thing to remember: week 11 last year he hurt his shoulder and was never the same after.  If he stays healthy, 4000+ total yards and 30+ total TD's is certainly possible for Money Mitch this year and I wouldn't bet against it. Last year he had to learn the new system after the disaster of a John Fox offense his rookie year.  Now he's in his second year in this offense and it kind of reminds me of the Jared Goff situation last year.

• Like 4

I think another thing to keep in mind is Nagy REALLY seems to want him to put up numbers. I think he's a mid level talent but his coach seems very happy to give him a ton of opportunities. You don't really have to worry about Nagy going to a conservative run based offense at any point this season, for just about any situation. 

Also his rushing gives him an ok floor and we've seen how impressive his ceiling can be. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, ravensfanatic0 said:

I've had difficulty deciding between him and Josh Allen as a backup? Josh might have a higher upside, but Mitch is a safer bet to be more consistent. What would each do and why.

Allen for me. Allen has a higher rushing floor, not Mitch.

8 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Give him 2 games before concrete judgement.  lol

2 games?! Did you not watch last year? Beat writers in camp were saying that he was worse or at best plateaued. He is who we thought he is. Continuing in the long line of Bears QB suckage since Jim McMahon left the building. Saw #9 on the field during the pregame ceremony honoring the 85 Bears, Ryan Pace should give him a helmet. 

Just now, CooL said:

2 games?! Did you not watch last year? Beat writers in camp were saying that he was worse or at best plateaued. He is who we thought he is. Continuing in the long line of Bears QB suckage since Jim McMahon left the building. Saw #9 on the field during the pregame ceremony honoring the 85 Bears, Ryan Pace should give him a helmet. 

Jay "DGAF" Cutler, Rex Grossman... looks better than this SeaBiscuit

On 8/24/2019 at 10:10 AM, yossarian said:

Also his rushing gives him an ok floor and we've seen how impressive his ceiling can be. 

On 8/24/2019 at 8:56 PM, brosephd said:

his floor due to running seems pretty safe each week. if he improved his passing he can be a big steal and consistent play each week.

Are we talking about Trubisky or Josh Allen here? Turdisky ran 3 times for 11 yards last night. Is a floor supposed to be more than 1.1 points?

4 minutes ago, CooL said:

Its a new year. 

Micheal Irving said Trubisky will have a 5000 yard passing year on Total access i think it was. One of those NFL network shows. Haha

4 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Its a new year. 

Micheal Irving said Trubisky will have a 5000 yard passing year on Total access i think it was. One of those NFL network shows. Haha

Michael Irvin has taken too many hits to the head and can’t process things right then. It’s a new year, sure. But it was just this preseason where the Chicago writers were expressing concern that Trubisky didn’t look any better. The guy is a fraud. Sort of like the team leader who knows he isn’t really a strong leader so he’s going to try to fake it til he makes it. 

Just now, CooL said:

The guy is a fraud. Sort of like the team leader who knows he isn’t really a strong leader so he’s going to try to fake it til he makes it. 

At least he is honest enough about his love of kissing ti*t*es