NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mitchell Trubisky 2019 Outlook

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

doesn't help that his head coach calls plays like a 12 year old on Xbox live, but still

This guy sucks

7 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Trubs is eerily Bortlesesque.

I don't know. I think Bortles is more like Fitzpatrick.

I'm not trying to be funny, but every time I see Trubisky play, I am reminded of Tim Tebow.

Edited by nonstopfan
On 9/7/2019 at 12:52 AM, TTo34 said:

9416143.gif?width=600&fit=bounds

If anyone reading this happens to have NFL game pass, and think this only happened once go rewatch the first half on coaches film.  It was so bad.

On a brighter note, Allen Robinson is pretty good.

On 9/6/2019 at 3:58 PM, fingers said:

Nagy did him no favors calling all of those pass plays. Take some pressure off the kid and run the football! Coach looked like a boob last night

Especially since he had no preseason. What were they thinking.

Trubisky can be an average NFL qb and top 8-10 fantasy qb when utilized properly. We saw it at times last year. The problem here is Nagy. He won't commit to running 35+ times a game and simplifying the playbook for someone that was a project QB when drafted and who has barely started 3 dozen games in the last, what, 6 years? You have a skill corps that runs routes well and doesn't drop passes. You have several talented running backs, including Trubisky. Why not play to the strengths of the roster? I don't get it. You want to throw deep to guys like A-Rob? Fine, establish a running game first so he's covered by one DB instead of 2 or 3. WHY IS THIS SO HARD. Ugh. I don't want to drop the guy so early but I really am losing faith in the Bears' ability to do anything right offensively.

• Like 1

Mitch looked terrible but Nagy called a terrible game and the OL looked even worse.  If the OL cleans things up and Nagy balances out the offense I expect to see some improvemtn from Mitch.  I'm not sold on him being a complete bust yet.

• 3 weeks later...

No posts on this guy for two weeks.  Pretty much speaks for how terrible he is.  He is trash.  It's pretty telling when people in your league would rather roster Mariota, Kyle Allen, Case Keenum, and Joe Flacco while leaving him on waivers.  Chase Daniel is not great either and doesn't move the needle.  But at least he could deliver the ball to Allen Robinson.

My dislike for Turdisky would lead me to think that this is an upgrade for the Bears offense.  But I think Daniel's complete lack of mobility will make this sputtering offense even worse.  Outlook for David Montgomery owners is not good.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 5:58 PM, fingers said:

Nagy did him no favors calling all of those pass plays. Take some pressure off the kid and run the football! Coach looked like a boob last night

Take some pressure off the kid and let him get some pre season snaps next year!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this guy is terrible.  It's clear the Bears don't trust him to make anything but short passes.  There was one awful pass where he underthrew the ball deep to Allen Robinson - basically just chucked it up for grabs while he was blanketed by two Saints DBs who collided with each other both going for the INT.  He is so inaccurate on downfield throws.  But you wouldn't know that by how he talks about their practices.

At what point do the Bears admit that they made a mistake and move on from this #2 pick bust?  Nagy is also overrated and his playcalling blows.

I thought Mitch would be a viable QB2, but at this point, I'd start him only ahead of Joe Flacco.  Fitzpatrick, Mason Rudoloph, and Bridgewater would get the nod ahead of him.

27 minutes ago, CooL said:

Wow, this guy is terrible.  It's clear the Bears don't trust him to make anything but short passes.  There was one awful pass where he underthrew the ball deep to Allen Robinson - basically just chucked it up for grabs while he was blanketed by two Saints DBs who collided with each other both going for the INT.  He is so inaccurate on downfield throws.  But you wouldn't know that by how he talks about their practices.

At what point do the Bears admit that they made a mistake and move on from this #2 pick bust?  Nagy is also overrated and his playcalling blows.

I thought Mitch would be a viable QB2, but at this point, I'd start him only ahead of Joe Flacco.  Fitzpatrick, Mason Rudoloph, and Bridgewater would get the nod ahead of him.

It sucks because there is such a talented qb draft pool next year with bama qb, clemson qb and lsu qb. But they traded so many of their first round picks for Mack that they only have a 2nd rounder next year (no doubt a good trade in hindsight). Doubtful any of those 3 fall to the second.

Edited by WaiverLooter

I don’t know. I still have high hope for him and gladly take 20 points a week from my QB/Super Flex position though. He didn’t have preseason at all, so the first 2 games against 2 elite defenses he crapped the bed with single digit points. Came back strong in the 3rd game with 20+ points. Got hurt. Sat out. Bye. Came back with another 20+ points. I think he will be ok. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...