Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jerad Eickhoff 2019 Outlook


PhilaFanBoy
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, High&Inside said:

https://www.pitcherlist.com/going-deep-the-rise-of-jerad-eickhoff/

Lots of things to like about Eickhoff. Those worried about the FB should read that section. That spin rate though 👀👀👀

 

Spin rate is great and all but after corbin Burnes I’m taking it with a grain of salt 😂

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2019 at 11:45 AM, bgar15 said:

Anyone rolling him out against the Nats tomorrow?

 Oh hell yes. He looks sharper and more confident than I've ever seen him. It's at home and half the Nats lineup is out. Are you kidding me? You have to pitch him here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, smeeze said:

AL only? Are you spelling his name right? Jerad Eickhoff 

al/nl  and ya i've punched in his name correctly with the erad and eick...nothings showing.  Even filter philli and  pitchers and he doesn't show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, squantos said:

al/nl  and ya i've punched in his name correctly with the erad and eick...nothings showing.  Even filter philli and  pitchers and he doesn't show.

I can’t add him in one league because our rosters are only SP and RP. Can’t even add a P. So dumb. But that’s what likely has happened with yours. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never been that great vs lefties despite the excellent curve (Career .362 wOBA against). Yet he is miles ahead of someone like Pivetta because he can dominate right handers with his more diverse pitch mix. So the total ERA will still probably end up in high 3's at best, and possibly low 4's. Yet the Wins and K's should all be there.

If you can avoid him vs the stronger left handed LUs, should be gravy town. Or still start him for just K's alone.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, squantos said:

al/nl  and ya i've punched in his name correctly with the erad and eick...nothings showing.  Even filter philli and  pitchers and he doesn't show.

what about filtering for probable pitchers? I use yahoo and i picked him up this morning.

My era and whip are already jacked so if he can give me a win/qs/k's then I will be happy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2019 at 1:24 PM, Slatykamora said:

Never been that great vs lefties despite the excellent curve (Career .362 wOBA against). Yet he is miles ahead of someone like Pivetta because he can dominate right handers with his more diverse pitch mix. So the total ERA will still probably end up in high 3's at best, and possibly low 4's. Yet the Wins and K's should all be there.

If you can avoid him vs the stronger left handed LUs, should be gravy town. Or still start him for just K's alone.

 

So basically if he happens to figure out lefties this year then you feel confident he's a certified ace?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Biig_Pressure21 said:

Anyone starting him @ STL?

 

I'm leaning yes. I don't love it but the only 2 lefties on their team are Wong and Carpenter.  That may be enough but we'll see. 

Edited by Baur10
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/5/2019 at 12:35 PM, ygung said:

 

So basically if he happens to figure out lefties this year then you feel confident he's a certified ace?

That would require him to learn a change up or have an excellent FB/FB that plays up to due to command/deception

Or an A+ repeatable release points between the curve/FB.

 

Similar problem to Anthony DeSclafani. Has the breaking ball to get whiffs/outs vs lefties, but LHH can read his fastball better than RHH when its released. So they can sit dead red on his 90 MPH meat.  Not much he can do about that with his current repertoire. Other than be more deceptive with his sequencing.  Which is hard when the FB isn't great.

 

Folty did this last year, but Folty was A.) Willing to walk LHH when behind instead of throwing cookies to get back in the count. B.) Has a legit plus fastball.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, rag9876 said:

8 shutout innings. Sure he's going to regress a little, but this looks mostly legit?

SwStr% is 12.4 and he's limiting hard contact below 30%. Both are solid. 

His FB% and BB% are gonna catch up with him eventually. 40% for his FB%, those are eventually gonna leave the yard. So his ERA is gonna go up. 

Could see a low 3 ERA to go with a solid K/9 and a solid chance at the W every time out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smarter teams (than the Cards) are gonna stack every lefty hitter they can in the lineup going forward...it seems to be one of his very few weak spots...sometimes guys are gonna guess FB too and connect, still even with the built in regression coming I think @High&Inside is pretty accurate...he looks like a fairly stable play...not bad for free!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Smarter teams (than the Cards) are gonna stack every lefty hitter they can in the lineup going forward...it seems to be one of his very few weak spots...sometimes guys are gonna guess FB too and connect, still even with the built in regression coming I think @High&Inside is pretty accurate...he looks like a fairly stable play...not bad for free!

 

Along those lines, his next start should be against Milwaukee who is more than capable of putting together a solid lefty heavy lineup: Yelich, Mous, Shaw, Thames, Gamel, Thames, Grandal (switch).  Big fan of what he has done so far but I'm probably going to sit him out for that one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

 

Along those lines, his next start should be against Milwaukee who is more than capable of putting together a solid lefty heavy lineup: Yelich, Mous, Shaw, Thames, Gamel, Thames, Grandal (switch).  Big fan of what he has done so far but I'm probably going to sit him out for that one.

Illegal lineup?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...