NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Michael Chavis 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Just as I predicted.  Cora knows how to handle young players.  And he will be back in one of the games tomorrow since it is a double header.

Doubleheader’s are so enticing I almost wanna start him, but that could be an 0/8 day. Hope the day off is what he needed. 

7 minutes ago, Baloo said:

he's been horrible...can he be dropped in 12-team redraft? Guy just can't do anything but strike out right now.

You can drop him but you will regret it...he has elig all around the infield, especially at a shallow 2B, hits for power, is entrenched in the lineup and is being trusted in the 1-4 spots...everyone lulls,this is his, I'll hold...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baloo said:

he's been horrible...can he be dropped in 12-team redraft? Guy just can't do anything but strike out right now.

I wouldn't drop him in anything bigger than a 10 team (non-keeper) mixed league.

Edited by Ace_King

1 hour ago, ghostdragon said:

someone dumped him in my 12 teamer.. no one wants him

Yea he was phenomenal in April but has fell off bigtime.  His May was rather unimpressive and has been abysmal so far in June.  I'd prefer not to drop him but it may be a tough decision that has to be made even in 12-teamers.

Yes, it’s gotten ugly. I have been watching a lot of his at bats and I wonder... can he just try to hit a single for once? I mean dude, I understand swinging for the fences but with runners on second or third with 1 or no outs, can you just try to make contact at least? His plate approach is horrible. His situational hitting is horrible. He looks as though he’s pulling his head up early to watch how far the ball is going to go (meanwhile it’s going into the catchers mitt). I don’t see pitchers doing anything crazy to beat him either. Lots of fastballs just right by him, getting him to 0-2 counts then he swings and misses at junk out of the zone. Someone mentioned that he studies more than anyone in the game.... so what is the point of studying if you aren’t going to make any adjustments?

That being said, I’m holding onto him because of his 1b 2b 3b eligibility and being in a good lineup that can score runs. I’m just using him as a utility backup hoping he can get back to starter status.... being moved to 9th though might be Cora saying alright buddy, the only demotion after hitting 9th is back to the minors, so let’s see you step it up. And yes, many people have said he’s not being demoted and his job is safe because the Red Sox simply need him right now (and I also hope his job is safe and he improves) but, this is the Red Sox, and if they have a weakness that needs to be improved, they will make a trade and before you know it chavis is shipped out or demoted. I heard rumors of Chavis to San Francisco for Will Smith at one point, but I think that’s when they still were planning to get pedroia back. Whit Merrifield is also a guy to keep an eye on as a trade target for 2b.

Another HR today, and has minimal K's of late.  Maybe he's busting out for even just a little while again?

Granted tonight was against a rookie ball caliber pitcher and last night against a guy who was due for negative regression in Sampson, but still, good games are good games.

46 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Another HR today, and has minimal K's of late.  Maybe he's busting out for even just a little while again?

Granted tonight was against a rookie ball caliber pitcher and last night against a guy who was due for negative regression in Sampson, but still, good games are good games.

I’ll take it. Surprisingly, I didn’t drop him and kept slight hope in him turning things around again. Let’s see if this warm bat gets hot again

Edited by The_Real_Deal

Just now, The_Real_Deal said:

I’ll take it. Surprisingly, I didn’t drop him and a slight hope in him turning things around again. Let’s see if this warm bat gets hot again

I ended up trading him before he fell off the cliff, but he was cut in my league and I just picked him up after tonight's game.  Yeah, let's see if it gets hot again...