NBC Sports Edge Forums

17 minutes ago, B&F said:

What happened to Urias?

FRI, AUG 16, 1:52 PMROTOWIRE.COM

France was recalled from Triple-A El Paso on Friday, Kevin Acee of The San Diego Union-Tribune reports.

Spin: France will return to the majors after spending the last two-plus months at Triple-A with Fernando Tatis (back) and Ian Kinsler (neck) landing on the injured list. According to Dennis Lin of The Athletic, the Friars will test France at second base while Luis Urias fills in at shortstop for Tatis. France played exclusively at third base during his first stint in the majors this season, but he's been seeing occasional work at the keystone with El Paso this season.
3 minutes ago, Morat said:
FRI, AUG 16, 1:52 PMROTOWIRE.COM

France was recalled from Triple-A El Paso on Friday, Kevin Acee of The San Diego Union-Tribune reports.

Spin: France will return to the majors after spending the last two-plus months at Triple-A with Fernando Tatis (back) and Ian Kinsler (neck) landing on the injured list. According to Dennis Lin of The Athletic, the Friars will test France at second base while Luis Urias fills in at shortstop for Tatis. France played exclusively at third base during his first stint in the majors this season, but he's been seeing occasional work at the keystone with El Paso this season.

It's tough, he's literally blocked at every position for both the near and distant future (barring an injury).  Hopefully he seizes the opportunity, but perhaps another team will look to deal for him in the off-season.

Whatever is long term outlook is for the rest of this season, I'll take a flier on him for at least the potential of solid short term production.

Edit:  Just came out that Tatis is possibly done for the season.  If France can handle the job ok and hits, then it looks like he actually has a starting job the ROS.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Hitting well the past two days, for sure. I've been interested in France due to (alleged) OBP skills and power. 

Currently riding Wong's hot hand, but how much does anyone here like France? Wondering if there's been some improvement displayed since he was called up.

edit– went to look for myself. He's not walking at all, and hasn't been offering much power. I'm not as interested if his OBP skills don't translate. Perhaps he's catching on and this is the start of a strong finish, however.  

Edited by Macgregor