NBC Sports Edge Forums

NFL Draft Discussion 2019

Just now, dmb3684 said:

I'm assuming 100% of your predictions are spot on?

No but that one by him show how little he knows. I mean he called Pederson the least qualified ever. He's been a moron everywhere he's been. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Given that he's a Jags fan, I'm guessing the day before the first pre-season game, and the day the season is over

I once went camping in Colorado after marijuanas were legal, we were around the campfire and one of my buddies liked to smoke.  So I went in the cabin and farted in a jar and sealed it, I came out whi

I think the Raiders have really rocked this offseason so far. Revamped WR corps, Jacobs is gonna be a nice RB to pair with Richard. After also taking 2 strong defensive players in the 1st round, the R

Posted Images

Just now, FavreCo said:

No but that one by him show how little he knows. I mean he called Pederson the least qualified ever. He's been a moron everywhere he's been. 

He didn't say Pederson would be a bad coach, just that he was the least qualified HC hire he has seen. This is fairly accurate no?

4 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

He didn't say Pederson would be a bad coach, just that he was the least qualified HC hire he has seen. This is fairly accurate no?

I'm not sure of the context of that answer but it does not seem like a compliment. Was there any quote after that? 

Edit: I found the quote and it's definitely not an endorsement. He goes on to say that wentz will have to save pedersons job LOL

Edited by bhawks489
1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

I'm not sure of the context of that answer but it does not seem like a compliment. Was there any quote after that? 

Yeah I'm not familiar with the Interview. He might have just been saying it was risky or something, which it was. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

Reading is a skill...

4 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

It's pretty easy to defend if you pay attention to what they had by the time they took Jacobs. They already took an excellent all-around DE in Ferrell & got a versatile DB 3 picks after Jacobs, who's going to solidify the Raiders' ground game.  Richard isn't anything more than a 3rd down/spread formation pass-catching back, & Crowell is a journeyman who isn't going to suddenly become a stud.  They filled needs with guys who can play right away

Yeah I don't even think you understand what you're typing.  They could have Sweat and Abrams right now.

The pick was awful, especially since they can probably get Miles Sanders in the 2nd round.

46 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Yeah I'm not familiar with the Interview. He might have just been saying it was risky or something, which it was. 

It was a lot less risky than some of the hires we have seen over the years. Pederson was a former backup QB and in the coaching ranks for quite a while. He had 3 seasons of OC experience. He was more than qualified. It was one of the worst hot takes ever and probably Lombardi's worst.

18 minutes ago, devaster said:

It was a lot less risky than some of the hires we have seen over the years. Pederson was a former backup QB and in the coaching ranks for quite a while. He had 3 seasons of OC experience. He was more than qualified. It was one of the worst hot takes ever and probably Lombardi's worst.

Doesn't seem too far off to me anyway. Probably not worth arguing over.

2 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Yeah I don't even think you understand what you're typing.  They could have Sweat and Abrams right now.

The pick was awful, especially since they can probably get Miles Sanders in the 2nd round.

I’m thinking you have a hard time reading & understanding the English language. They took Ferrell because he’s a complete DE for their 4-3 scheme. Sweat is a combine product with health questions, legitimate or not. Jacobs is considered the best all-around RB in this draft class. They obviously value game tape more than combine number & already filled other holes in free agency. They’re 3 solid picks for a rebuilding franchise.

The.End. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, FavreCo said:

Lombardi's a retard so that really doesn't mean much.

Mike Lombardi made headlines by criticizing Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson: "He might be less qualified to coach a team than anyone I’ve ever seen in my 30-plus years in the NFL.".[26] Under Pederson, the Philadelphia Eagles went on to win Super Bowl LII later that season.

And he also said the same thing about McVay when the Rams hired him ("he's only 30...do you know what Belichick was doing at 30?")

3 hours ago, FavreCo said:

Lombardi's a retard so that really doesn't mean much.

Mike Lombardi made headlines by criticizing Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson: "He might be less qualified to coach a team than anyone I’ve ever seen in my 30-plus years in the NFL.".[26] Under Pederson, the Philadelphia Eagles went on to win Super Bowl LII later that season.

I wasn’t posting the link as an endorsement of every football opinion he’s ever made as a commentator.   I do pay attention to what he is saying in regards to the Patriots because he is often thinking the same way. 

4 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I wasn’t posting the link as an endorsement of every football opinion he’s ever made as a commentator.   I do pay attention to what he is saying in regards to the Patriots because he is often thinking the same way. 

Literally every single football writer has terrible takes at some point. Dumb to not put any stock in his opinion because of one 'bad' one anyhow.