NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Reddick 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2019-11-28. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

He has done nothing but hit this year to start the season, so I was surprised there wasn't a thread for him.

He's 29% on Fantrax right now, and has 10 hits in his last 4 games (including 2 HR, 4 RBI). On the year, he's slashing .386/.427/.543 over 70 AB.

Playing in a loaded lineup, I'm still a little shocked at how little interest he has stirred up.

Edited by nlm

There's just not a lot of hype because he's been around forever. We kind of know what he is at this stage. But that said, hard not to want to roster him if you have a RF need the way he's hitting. Just expect him to sit a bit (if not always) vs. lefties.

1 minute ago, k.k. said:

There's just not a lot of hype because he's been around forever. We kind of know what he is at this stage. But that said, hard not to want to roster him if you have a RF need the way he's hitting. Just expect him to sit a bit (if not always) vs. lefties.

Being in a 5OF league, players like Reddick help fill in the gaps in a big way. He has been on fire lately, and I see ownership for similar players much higher.

Edited by nlm
3 minutes ago, nlm said:

Being in a 5OF league, players like Reddick help fill in the gaps in a big way. He has been on fire lately, and I see ownership for similar players much higher.

Agreed. The only league I have him in is a 5 OF league. fwiw.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would have put this in the Waiver Wire Pickups thread if this coming week was updated but it hasn't been yet so its time to Buy! I think he has only been benched once in the last 10 Astros games and has been starting against lefties and performing well. I cant think of a hotter lineup right now. IT'S REDDICK TIME!

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

973 ops away this year. is there anything to see here or just sample size? 100 abs. 

nice player for 5OF leagues. I don't think he's worth it in shallower leagues, but he has been very solid.

On 6/4/2019 at 11:58 AM, colepenhagen said:

973 ops away this year. is there anything to see here or just sample size? 100 abs. 

5 righties this week all at home, including some garbage pitchers, I think 2-3 bombs and a slick OBP is on tap this week at least

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...