NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyler Murray 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Just now, frog34 said:

They must find a new RZ scheme. Period. That's one of the well-known weak areas of the Air Raid anyway. The Cards have moved the ball very well all season, but fail in the RZ.

They must get Murray under center in the RZ and use the bootleg game, like on his TD rush. They don't need to put him under center between the 20s, just in their RZ package.

Kingsbury must recognize by now that his staple bubble screens and quick hitting spread game doesn't work down at the goalline. They should go heavy set and pound DJ while putting Murray on the move once in a while to keep defenses honest. Throw some fades to Larry Legend, who makes 50:50 balls more like 70:30 in his favor. I think their only TD passes last year with Rosen and that horrible offense were fades to Fitzgerald.

Bottom line, they can be cute and creative between the 20s, but in the RZ they should shift the focus on traditional concepts. Kingsbury's whole staff are long-tenured NFL coaches who should know what to do. If they can up their RZ efficiency, this could be one of the better offenses in the coming years.

Cardinals - hire this man! 👋

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suzie Kolber: Kyler, you were on the phone there a long time.  What did they say? Kyler Murray: I don't know, I kinda blacked out for awhile there, so I couldn't even tell you.  But I'll remember

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, aapox said:

Cardinals - hire this man! 👋

33 minutes ago, Novaray said:

No, he's overqualified 

Thank you very much! I hope the Cardinals front office has their finks lurking in here. Waiting for the call to be named their new RZ coordinator, or at least advisor.

Actually the way Steve Keim makes his draft selections and FA signings, you might think he is listening to advisors from message boards!🤣

Field Yates (@FieldYates) Tweeted: Quarterbacks with 16+ fantasy points in every week this season: * Patrick Mahomes * Kyler Murray * Gardner Minshew *

JJ Zachariason (@LateRoundQB) Tweeted: Kyler Murray currently has a 2.0% touchdown rate, one of the worst in the league, but he's still a top-10 fantasy quarterback this season.

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
Just now, PizzaBeerFF said:

He is my back up qb. I like his short scamper scrambling. I like his ability to adjust and compete. I think this guy might surprise as he gains more confidence. The team sucks, but he might get them near five hundred. We shall see.

he also just missed a 35 yd TD run yesterday, caught inside the 4 yd line - kid's starting to feel the wheels ... big second half incoming 👍

11 minutes ago, Newtown said:

Dear Kyler,

Please throw the ball INTO the end zone.

Thanks,

Newtown

I think you’ll get your wish this week. He’s shown a rock solid floor thus far and I think this’ll be a week to see what his ceiling looks like.

Atlanta has been an instant fantasy shot in the arm for every QB that has played them this year. Toss in their weakness to pass catching backs (DJ is pretty deece, and I think his back will be fine)

I'm on board this week for Kyler to have a great game and will be putting him in a lot of DFS lineups since he's dirt friggin cheap

Any Kyler owners here who have Gonzalez for their kicker? I just picked him up (again). I know doing this limits my ceiling, but I like the idea of coming away with points if Kyler continues to struggle in the redzone.

If this cat can start having better success in the redzone, he can easily finish top 5. Through 5 games, he sits at #7 in my league. This after only having 4 passing TD's. Out of the to[ 10, he's the only QB with less than 10 passing touchdowns. The next closest are Brady and Wentz w/10 each. His rushing ability has raised his floor tremendously. We could be looking at some really nice games from Murray if he can raise his passing touchdown rate.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

If this cat can start having better success in the redzone, he can easily finish top 5. Through 5 games, he sits at #7 in my league. This after only having 4 passing TD's. Out of the to[ 10, he's the only QB with less than 10 passing touchdowns. The next closest are Brady and Wentz w/10 each. His rushing ability has raised his floor tremendously. We could be looking at some really nice games from Murray if he can raise his passing touchdown rate.

Meow🐱

giphy.gif

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Haha 5
4 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Any Kyler owners here who have Gonzalez for their kicker? I just picked him up (again). I know doing this limits my ceiling, but I like the idea of coming away with points if Kyler continues to struggle in the redzone.

Not a bad strategy, lots of people do the same with their RB1 and kicker.  That way if the RB gets stuffed you get points with the kicker, etc.

On 10/9/2019 at 5:45 AM, RoseLin23 said:

Me. I love it tho. I mean got 38 from the two last week. Murray is my best option right now and Zane seems to get a ton of opportunities! Sounds fun to me..