NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyler Murray 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suzie Kolber: Kyler, you were on the phone there a long time.  What did they say? Kyler Murray: I don't know, I kinda blacked out for awhile there, so I couldn't even tell you.  But I'll remember

Posted Images

Just now, Jvanspro said:

Truant isn’t a needle mover.  He’s well past his prime and really just a guy at this point in his career.

Maybe, but his and Brindi-Wilson's absence means that the Falcons starters at corner will be something like Kazee, Oliver and either a 4th or 5th round rookie in the nickel.

• Thanks 1

How's this:

Looks like Kyler Murray will have David Johnson, Damiere Byrd, and Christian Kirk all healthy and back in the lineup.  And they face a collapsing Falcons team that can score points on offense, but can't stop anybody.  

It's the smash spot of all smash spots.  BIG day for Murray incoming.

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

How's this:

Looks like Kyler Murray will have David Johnson, Damiere Byrd, and Christian Kirk all healthy and back in the lineup.  And they face a collapsing Falcons team that can score points on offense, but can't stop anybody.  

Not to mention it looks like the Cardinals whole LB corps is injured, so Atlanta will likely be able to put up some points and keep them throwing.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

How's this:

I've heard this many times this season, wouldn't believe it until I see it.  Murray TD passing % is crap, I think I read 2%.  You would be playing the regression game, *Positive regression.  It's been brutal thus far.

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, mjb said:

I've heard this many times this season, wouldn't believe it until I see it.  Murray TD passing % is crap, I think I read 2%.  You would be playing the regression game, *Positive regression.  It's been brutal thus far.

He’s a top 10 QB, and this is by far the worst defense he’s faced. You’re acting like he’s been some monumental bust so far. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mjb said:

Same here.  This time, I am pretty sure it will be true.

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Same here.  This time, I am pretty sure it will be true.

It'll help that the Falcons are not the Ravens, Panthers or Seahawks.  Verify with the Texans and (ugh) Titans, these guys couldn't cover a bed with a blanket before Trufant was hurt.

Arizona’s defense arguably the NFL worst, Atlanta should put up 35. Hopefully a shootout, and little D. Kyler due for a couple passing TD’s🙏.

I’m expecting a fifty burger.  No joke. This game is going to be the scene from the first matrix where neo realizes he can stop bullets with his forking mind. Kyler will be reverse limbo as tacklers sail over him in slo mo

Edited by ArtistPain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
2 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Started Kyler over Wentz and am not disappointed.  Kid looked good today.  

What's everyone think... because Falcons D stinks or is the kid starting to figure it out?

Hard to say.

The Falcons do indeed stink.

But there were a couple throws in there with some great touch.

I want nothing to do with starting him in the SF games, but he can do some damage with the rest of the schedule.

3 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Started Kyler over Wentz and am not disappointed.  Kid looked good today.  

What's everyone think... because Falcons D stinks or is the kid starting to figure it out?

Both but he definitely is starting to figure it out.

Should finish as a top 6 QB , looks more and more comfortable out there and he’s missing one of his best weapons in Christian Kirk and still performing like a QB1, add in that Pat Peterson is back from suspension so the defense can gets a boost.

cant wait to see what he does next week vs. the giants 

• Like 1