NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyler Murray 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

The most impressive thing to me is that they put the entire offense on this kid's back week 1 and he's stood strong.  He has alot of pressure on him and he's been really smart and not reckless. He's been careful about not making mistakes while he figures out the NFL.  The huge games with 300 yards passing and 100 yards rushing are coming.  

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 1
  • Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suzie Kolber: Kyler, you were on the phone there a long time.  What did they say? Kyler Murray: I don't know, I kinda blacked out for awhile there, so I couldn't even tell you.  But I'll remember

Posted Images

Agreed.  Murray seems like an extremely smart player.  Larry Fitz is impressed with Kyler's football smarts.  Therefore, so am I.

San Fran has been brutalizing opponents.  Even though I really like Murray, I will consider sitting him in those matchups depending on how things are going.

2 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

The most impressive thing to me is that they put the entire offense on this kid's back week 1 and he's stood strong.  He has alot of pressure on him and he's been really smart and not reckless. He's been careful about not making mistakes while he figures out the NFL.  The huge games with 300 yards passing and 100 yards rushing are coming.  

he also has a knack for avoiding the big hit ... when i watch them play, he's always skirting a defender to get outta bounds, or juking someone so he can immediately slide. 

he took 20 sacks over the first four games, only ONE over the last two (sure, competition has eased up, but, still ... that is a garbage line, and he's a rook, so ANY positive regression in that regard is damn impressive).

and he may have taken 21 sacks, but i don't believe he got blown the eff up on any of 'em - his pocket awareness/savvy is extraordinary for a kid chucking so many passes - he glides and shifts and ducks and sidesteps ... he gets outta trouble fast - and when it does collapse on him, he folds like a Walmart card table - which is smart - he gives 'em virtually nothing to hit ... unlike contemporaries such as Cam or Watson or Allen or Lamar, who are all long and rangey cats, ergo susceptible to more exposed body blows - hell, Kyler just basically crumbles into a shell, hits the deck and says "TIME FOR NEXT PLAY!" 

i marvelled a couple weeks ago at St.Russel's insane TD pass to Lockett vs the Rams ... ya know what? Kyler tossed a couple similar last week ... the first to Sherfeld - a virtually impossible sideline dime to drop, but he did - try to catch the highlight, it was as incredible a ball as i've ever seen a rook toss, if not THE most incredible (shades of Eli to Manningham in the Jints second SB win over Hoodie).

then there was the remarkably placed feather touch pass to a double covered DJ in the end zone - jaw dropping chit - man, this kid can be as lethal a passer as 'Homie.   yep.  he sure can be. 

gimme some moar! 🤠

• Like 3

It was against the falcons and bengals tho you guys do realize they are the bottom 5 defenses vs Qb’s right?  Now he plays NO at home, 2 x 49ers, 1 time rams with Ramsey and Matthews back, and the bucs defense who’s been playing good this year

Just now, Brye said:

It was against the falcons and bengals tho you guys do realize they are the bottom 5 defenses vs Qb’s right?  Now he plays NO at home, 2 x 49ers, 1 time rams with Ramsey and Matthews back, and the bucs defense who’s been playing good this year

i, for one, thought he played the Bears and Patriots last 2 weeks 🤷‍♂️  THANKS FOR ENIGHTENING US!!!1!1!1!

itsaprotip-  take time to actually read the effin' posts upstream ... we've well acknowledged competition has been more friendly lately, and that the tough games are coming up - but, hey, why do that when you can just assume we're all a bunch of oblivious fanbois, amirite?

30 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

Keep an eye on the weather. I could see K1 struggling here, ala Brady. Some potential for high scoring affair.

• Thanks 1

The Giants do seem to have the worst wind conditions in that stadium.  Part of the reason why Giants kickers are always on FA.  That's what I'd worry about the most.  However, Kyler does have legs and he hasn't yet broke out in that department.  This week certainly has the potential for that.  

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

latest i have here is overcast, 10-12 mph winds ... rain not expected 'til tomorrow evening. 

Should have a good game, Giants D didn't look horrendous vs the Patriots if not for all the short fields from all the turnovers by the offense so I wouldn't just automatically be penciling in a blow up game either. This game definitely has blow up potential for numerous players though including Murray sorta contradicted myself there but you get the point...

Edited by CroNY
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, mikeflavaz said:

The Giants do seem to have the worst wind conditions in that stadium.  Part of the reason why Giants kickers are always on FA.  That's what I'd worry about the most.  However, Kyler does have legs and we've not yet seen him really break out on that end yet.  This week certainly has the potential for that.  

the wind in the old Jints Stadium was the worst in the leeg ... they had an open end to that facility, so even something as routinely benign as 10-15 MPH swirled about like a vortex - that place sucked - and Parcells/Martin built the perfect team to thrive in it. 

MetLife is a bit more enclosed and monolithic- dunno if the swirls wreak as much havoc as the old monstrosity, but, Kyler's game is really not predicated on the deeper balls ... 80% of what he tosses is within 15/20 yds, and he has such zip on the ball anyways ... his passes are more often akin to line drives,  not moon shots ... though the two i cited earlier from the Atlanta game were certainly eased up velocity wise ... 

wouldn't worry lest we hear it's 20+ MPH. 

• Like 1

First time in the thread and just wanted to give this guy props. Heart of a champion. He has the same tenacity as Jose Altuve. I know different sport but these  guys have to work twice as hard as somebody who was blessed with being tall and athletic. Hard work pays off. This dude can ball at the highest level!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, CroNY said:

Should have a good game, Giants D didn't look horrendous vs the Patriots if not for all the short fields from all the turnovers by the offense so I wouldn't just automatically be penciling in a blow up game either. This game definitely has blow up potential for numerous players though including Murray sorta contradicted myself there but you get the point...

Gints still playing a ton of man coverage?

10 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Interested as well, hoping yes for the rushing upside for kyler

I think they will have Peppers spy him a good portion of the game or so some local analysts seem to think. That being said Jenkins, Baker, Haley have all been shredded this season bottom 15 in yards allowed to opposing WR's.. 

Edited by CroNY
52 minutes ago, CroNY said:

I think they will have Peppers spy him a good portion of the game or so some local analysts seem to think. That being said Jenkins, Baker, Haley have all been shredded this season bottom 15 in yards allowed to opposing WR's.. 

That'll be a double edged sword as they'll have a hard time covering DJ/Edmonds with a spy.

And if they're also playing man like they were before spying with Jabril will only do so much.  Kyler can beat him one on one.

I'd suspect they shift to more zone looks, but then again I wasn't clear why they were playing man with the corners they had in the first place, so who knows?

Kickoff

Cloudy

Overcast

Temperature: 59f.

Feels Like: 59f.

Wind: 4mi East

Humidity: 72%

Visibility: 10mi

Barometer: 1017"

Dew Point: 50f.

Cloud Cover: 98%

Precipitation Prob: 20%

Q2

Cloudy

Overcast

Wind: 4mi East

Humidity: 72%

Barometer: 1016"

Dew Point: 50f.

Cloud Cover: 100%

Precipitation Prob: 31%

Q3

Rain

Possible Drizzle

Wind: 5mi East - SouthEast

Humidity: 74%

Dew Point: 51f.

Cloud Cover: 99%

Precipitation Prob: 47%

Q4

Rain

Possible Light Rain

Temperature: 58f.

Feels Like: 58f.

Wind: 6mi East

Humidity: 77%

Visibility: 9mi

Dew Point: 51f.

Cloud Cover: 98%

Precipitation Prob: 63%

• Thanks 2

Murray about to rack up a bunch of rushing yards it looks like then, I can see him rushing for over 100 yards easy if it rains , giants linebackers are trash

Edited by Brye
  • Like 1