NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What was Derrick Henry's first game

Nope.   I'm in that period of hating everyone I drafted.

From Adam Caplan   #Raiders HC Jon Gruden on RB Josh Jacobs after practice today when asked how he looked this week: "Pretty good. He got work all three days. I think that's a good sign.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, scheibler said:

I think he has a great day tomorrow. Indy run D sucks. Last week he was sick on the road coming off a groin injury against a top 10 defense. I'll be using him in DFS

Jacobs is gonna be back to week 1 usage with a couple catches too. Raiders/Colts should actually be a pretty entertaining game where neither team pulls away & they slug it out until the end

2 hours ago, peleincubus said:

I think he is going to have a good year and a few great games sprinkled in. Finishing as a top 7-8 running back. Just the way I personally see it going.

I was optimistic after week 1, and not because of the TDs, but the usage. I hope you're right but I think he finishes closer to RB15. Just gonna be too many weeks where game script hurts him. 

Well, he apparently has the most yardage of any raider through their first 4 games. Beating out McFadden. I just wish he was used more in the passing game. Would be nice to see how efficient he would be with a heftier workload 

This was very disappointing. You gotta get big weeks out of guys like Jacobs in matchups like this. In terms of benching vs the Bears, it obviously depends on your options, but it's very tough to envision him having a good game. 

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Anyone benching him this week coming up against the Bears? That has him as their RB 1/2? This matchup will be rough for Jacobs. This will be giving me a headache this week debating to start or sit him

Yeah it could be ugly with the Raiders offense failing to move in any capacity, then having to pass all game when they're losing by more and more.  Still, as someone who has him as their RB2 in a 14 man league I can't sit him.  Praying for a touchdown or something, but not having the highest of expectations.

[...]  Hoping the game is close with Trubisky out. Seeing that Chicago likes to pressure the quarterback, hoping there are some dump offs and ground gains to be had. Kid wants to show he's tough? What better time than against one of the toughest defenses. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
9 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

[...] Hoping the game is close with Tribusky out. Seeing that Chicago likes to pressure the quarterback, hoping there are some dump offs and ground gains to be had. Kid wants to show he's tough? What better time than against one of the toughest defenses. 

Jacobs and the Raiders finding good running lanes against the Bears front seven?

Why, I'd say it as likely as Austin Ekeler forcing a 50/50 timeshare with MGIII.  :)

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Jacobs and the Raiders finding good running lanes against the Bears front seven?

Why, I'd say it as likely as Austin Ekeler forcing a 50/50 timeshare with MGIII.  :)

Lol. Highly unlikely, but hey, its a desperate play. I am certainly not playing him with ANY confidence. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Lol. Highly unlikely, but hey, its a desperate play. I am certainly not playing him with ANY confidence. 

As General Patton once said, "plans are useless but planning is essential."

Research is good, adaptation is better and pure dumb luck is best.  Good luck to you.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Yeah it could be ugly with the Raiders offense failing to move in any capacity, then having to pass all game when they're losing by more and more.  Still, as someone who has him as their RB2 in a 14 man league I can't sit him.  Praying for a touchdown or something, but not having the highest of expectations.

Same scenario for me. 14 team/rb2. It's either him or Miles Sanders or Devin Singletary. I still don't have a clue what I should do yet.

5 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He got as many receiving targets as Derrick Henry yesterday....2.

It’s so odd. He’s been so efficient in an EXTREMELY limited receiving role. I’m so puzzled w the lack of receiving talent and the lack of commitment to Jacobs in that regard. I want to move him but I feel like he’d boom if given consistent work.

24 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

It’s so odd. He’s been so efficient in an EXTREMELY limited receiving role. I’m so puzzled w the lack of receiving talent and the lack of commitment to Jacobs in that regard. I want to move him but I feel like he’d boom if given consistent work.

Not worth trading him. Gotta hold and hope his usage increases cause you're just not gonna get anything in return. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Not worth trading him. Gotta hold and hope his usage increases cause you're just not gonna get anything in return. 

If I did move him, it woulda been me overpaying to get more consistency. I’m stacked at WR so him and a top tier WR for a true 1.. but I think Jacobs could easily be a top tier RB if they would feature him in the passing game and move the chains. I do genuinely like his game though or I woulda moved him last week

Edited by itschief33
  • Like 1

Well I was really pumped for this Indy game. But after seeing what I saw Im disappointed. Gruden is overrated. He wants to use 2 other inferior RBs and have the offense go through Carr. Makes no sense. For now he's a matchup based RB. No way I start him against the Bears. Only way this gets better is if the coaching staff realizes who the offense needs to go through like the Browns did. But that may take a while.

He looks absolutely fantastic especially on that 2nd dump off. Makes a great block, sees the play break down gets open, catches the ball explodes, breaks a lbs ankles and get like 20 yards. Then he ices the game witj 2 big runs when everyone in the world knows they are running. How is Gruden not seeing this?

Unfortunately, way too much Richard and the other dude especially on 3rd down. He is not a 3 down back currently on a team that will be behind a lot.

• Like 1

He needs to have his receiving role increased since the Raiders will be playing behind all season. Unfortunately, as others have previously mentioned, the Raiders are fine with have their backup RB's fill the pass catching duties instead. If you have a better FLEX or matchup on your bench, I would not start him against arguably the best defense in the league.

3 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

He looks absolutely fantastic especially on that 2nd dump off. Makes a great block, sees the play break down gets open, catches the ball explodes, breaks a lbs ankles and get like 20 yards. Then he ices the game witj 2 big runs when everyone in the world knows they are running. How is Gruden not seeing this?

Unfortunately, way too much Richard and the other dude especially on 3rd down. He is not a 3 down back currently on a team that will be behind a lot.

They are taking him out on every 3rd down ?