NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marquise Brown 2019 Outlook

9 minutes ago, pdizzle710 said:

Read there is a flash flood warning in the area and with the strength they have in rushing the ball is anyone concerned that Baltimore may try to control the time of possession through running it?

They’re going against Mahomes, they’re gonna have to throw.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well let's do some math. Lamar Jackson snap count = 54 Marquise Brown snap count = 14 54 / 14 = 3.857 Marquise Brown stats = 4/147/2 (receptions/yards/tds) So if I am projecti

I’m using my #1 spot on him.  If there is a best time to use your high waiver priority it’s week one where there is likely going to be a lot of transactions which should cycle you back up pretty high.

Yeah dude. It is an issue. He's too hip to be square and its a problem

Posted Images

The weather is definitely going to limit the ceiling of Brown, and just about everyone else in this game. I’m still starting him , but tempering my expectations. Fairly certain he’ll catch one TD , if he’s targeted enough. 

15 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Anyone watch the game? I wasn’t able to, so just looking at the box score it looks like they really spread the ball around. Was a potential blow up spot on paper for Hollywood, but didn’t pan out unfortunately. 

Led the team in targets. Only got to see a few minutes of this game, so not sure why they weren't connecting. Like you said I thought this was gonna be a nice game for Brown

image.png.90d78ea7be296af14c0f849e5a3edb86.png

KC consistently rolled coverage to his side of field and Jackson isnt capable of dropping a dime between the safety and corner. So rather than devising other ways of getting him the ball...screens, slants, reverses...they simply threw the ball elsewhere. 

I'm a bit worried but he still had 9 targets right, that should account for something. Maybe the weather really did affect Lamar and his throwing abilities. Can't compare him to Mahomes who is on a different planet entirely. 

9 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I'm a bit worried but he still had 9 targets right, that should account for something. Maybe the weather really did affect Lamar and his throwing abilities. Can't compare him to Mahomes who is on a different planet entirely. 

I mean we had to expect games like this.. Should be encouraged by the 9 targets his role is set in stone.

18 minutes ago, NyZD said:

I mean we had to expect games like this.. Should be encouraged by the 9 targets his role is set in stone.

Yeah definitely, had he caught just 2 more passes, would've been in for a decent outing. The big play action opportunities will always be there, Lamar and this elite run game all but guarantee that . If he continues seeing high targets like this, he's a must start until proven otherwise. 

2 hours ago, matthew berry said:

Lamar Jackson over threw receivers by 5-10 yards on almost every throw yesterday.  It was so bad that I remember thinking whether he was having issues gripping a wet football.  He targeted Brown a lot though and I would love to trade for him if I can.  

sounds like analysis Matthew berry would make

• Haha 1

I saw almost the entire game.  Lamar tried going deep with Brown a handful of times but it was just out of his reach and the separation for some reason just wasn't there.  Might have been the rain, might have been the defenders.  

Brown did NOT get really good separation so its not all on Lamar.

I bet he gets better separation this week!

• Browns CB Denzel Ward (hamstring) missed practice Wednesday.

As did Greedy Williams (hamstring). Without both available in Week 3, the Browns leaned on backup CBs Terrance Mitchell and T.J. Carrie. It's obviously less than ideal if the team has to depend on both again versus the Ravens' explosive downfield attack. Odds are Williams returns after being listed as a game-time call last week.

Sep 25, 2019, 3:36 PM ET

•  

That's great news if both Ward and Greedy are out. But I'll be sitting him this week , I love the amount of targets he's been getting but I need a bigger sample

size from the kid. Last week was a supposed blow up game as well. It killed me starting him over Lindsay. He's still a rookie wideout on a Ravens run first team .

And his biggest games have been week1 against MIA and week2 vs AZ .  Not really confidence aspiring. Also not saying he's an absolute fade this week, but if

you have better options like I do, I would play them.  It's a gut call more than anything. I could very easily be wrong , and the dude just turns on the jet fuels this week. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
48 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

That's great news if both Ward and Greedy are out. But I'll be sitting him this week , I love the amount of targets he's been getting but I need a bigger sample

size from the kid. Last week was a supposed blow up game as well. It killed me starting him over Lindsay. He's still a rookie wideout on a Ravens run first team .

And his biggest games have been week1 against MIA and week2 vs AZ .  Not really confidence aspiring. Also not saying he's an absolute fade this week, but if

you have better options like I do, I would play them.  It's a gut call more than anything. I could very easily be wrong , and the dude just turns on the jet fuels this week. 

That's how you miss out on breakout production, waiting for "a bigger sample".

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

And a QB who still runs better than he throws. I think Brown owners will be disappointed if they expected a huge year from him. It will be very hit or miss.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

That's how you miss out on breakout production, waiting for "a bigger sample".

So be it , it’s a long season & I don’t chase points . Regardless still rooting for the kid.. I hope he balls out. 

10 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

What do you say about his perfect passer rating game?  Luck?

I have Brown and hope Lamar balls out more times than not this season.. that being said his amazing game came vs the Dolphins I don't think much more needs to be said.

Edited by NyZD
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, NyZD said:

I have Brown and hope Lamar balls out more times than not this season.. that being said his amazing game came vs the Dolphins I don't think much more needs to be said.

Interestingly, the other two QBs who’ve faced Miami are Dak and Brady.

Daks worst was vs Miami and Brady was 2nd best in Miami out of 3 gsmes