NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marquise Brown 2019 Outlook

Denzel Ward, Greedy Williams, and Morgan Burnett have all missed a second day of practice today. Gotta think a big weekend is on the horizon for Hollywood with the possibility of the Browns missing 3/4 of their starting secondary this weekend. Really struggling with the decision between him and McLaurin in my flex...

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well let's do some math. Lamar Jackson snap count = 54 Marquise Brown snap count = 14 54 / 14 = 3.857 Marquise Brown stats = 4/147/2 (receptions/yards/tds) So if I am projecti

I’m using my #1 spot on him.  If there is a best time to use your high waiver priority it’s week one where there is likely going to be a lot of transactions which should cycle you back up pretty high.

Yeah dude. It is an issue. He's too hip to be square and its a problem

Posted Images

Well my WR corps is pretty banged up, I might be starting this kidbeast. As long as he gets close to 10 targets , I’ll be happy with the end result. All you can ask for is volume in fantasy... the rest are up to the gods.  

• Haha 1
On 4/26/2019 at 7:36 PM, MJJ28 said:

He’ll be lucky to get 60 targets this season.

This didn't age well. 

Here's the list of WRs getting more targets per route run than Marquise Brown:

Keenan Allen. 

That's the whole list. Plus, Brown is finally fully participating in practice all week. Could be looking at double digit targets every week from here on out. 

On 9/26/2019 at 4:02 PM, mattman444 said:

Denzel Ward, Greedy Williams, and Morgan Burnett have all missed a second day of practice today. Gotta think a big weekend is on the horizon for Hollywood with the possibility of the Browns missing 3/4 of their starting secondary this weekend. Really struggling with the decision between him and McLaurin in my flex...

Wow, same exact boat, lol. 

Gonna read the pregame reports about McLaurin really carefully tomorrow morning. Brown feels like a rock solid fallback plan though. 

47 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

This didn't age well. 

Here's the list of WRs getting more targets per route run than Marquise Brown:

Keenan Allen. 

That's the whole list. Plus, Brown is finally fully participating in practice all week. Could be looking at double digit targets every week from here on out. 

I came around hard on Brown as time went on, check the Boykin thread. Glad to own him in dynasty, he is a mega stud.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Cleveland's best corners are sitting out......anybody tempted to play him? I'm considering him instead of a banged up Edelman.

Even if they were playing everyone should be rolling Hollywood out. He is getting an enormous amount of targets per route run. And that will only increase every week as he settles into the #1 WR role for a high-powered offense. Lamar is a top-3 QB in fantasy. You better be rolling out the #1 WR in that offense. Hollywood is for real, even though he is a rookie.

• Like 1
Just now, hard1 said:

Trap game...dang anyone watch?

What happened 

Tough game for the Ravens in the 1st half. A better ball from Lamar and he would have had a TD. Almost had it anyway, but it went into the ground.

13 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Trap game...dang anyone watch?

What happened 

I did but on Redzone , again I made the mistake of starting him again. Don't know what to make him of him yet , is he a boom or bust wr3 or something more. 

3 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

[...]

Anybody been watching the games? How are his shorter / more underneath routes? Is he only getting open deep? Thinking he needs to go back to the bench...

From what I've seen the last 2 games, the drop off is due to Lamar more than him. Yes Lamar's fantasy numbers end up being fine, but he's been very underwhelming by the eye test at many points over the last 2 games. 

50 minutes ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

From what I've seen the last 2 games, the drop off is due to Lamar more than him. Yes Lamar's fantasy numbers end up being fine, but he's been very underwhelming by the eye test at many points over the last 2 games. 

Have read he's made some overthrows on deeper routes to Hollywood. Disappointing, I thought Lamar was going to be the real deal going forward..

Yep, watched a little on RedZone and Jackson has had a few inaccurate throws.  Brown was open by several yards coming across the end zone on what should've been a short TD but Jackson threw it low and incomplete.  Really not sure what to do with him going forward as we've been teased with the ceiling, but the floor is unbearably low.

1 hour ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Really not sure what to do with him going forward as we've been teased with the ceiling, but the floor is unbearably low.

I think its hard to find better flexes and it depends on how scared you are of the opponent for the week--I think at this point its best to think of Brown as prime D-Jax. Two more weeks til he gets a complete demotion I think.

• Like 1

The whole thing sucks. Brown can’t use his speed,Lamar can’t deliver the ball in the right spot most often and teams just have to bracket Bollywood. The evolution of Boykin should open up some more opportunity for Brown but the QB still needs to be able to throw him open or on the move. That is a tall order for Lamar who looks like Cam with the touch pass. Just pathetic.

He's the number one WR on the team by targets, so I think he'll be fine. The bigger issue is Jackson. It's possible that Lamar's early season success was a mirage against terrible opponents. If Lamar is the glorified RB that we feared he was, then Brown is going to have limited appeal. 

• Like 1